Safety buying items in game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GBKen, Sep 12, 2020.

1. GBKen

GBKen Member

Hi GMs,
    I dont feel comfortable when buying some items in game like: deco OP, relics 5,6 or above...
    I'm afraid that after I bought them, they will be removed because they are bugged, hacked items.
    What can I do now? Stop buying and still use the noob items I have already?
    What's your plan right now?
    Banning the bug guys day by day?
    I need the answer, please.

lamtoanpchp likes this.
  2. kenyz0r

kenyz0r Member

I have a question.
    If you are buying them with ingame currencies like: Gold or CC and collect evidence of the transaction, you won't get your money back if the items are duped?

3. GBKen

GBKen Member

yes, bro. My friend bought items by gold then it was be removed, he didnt get gold back.

4. kenyz0r

kenyz0r Member

That's just lame. It's not like it's anyone's fault that people are abusing item dupe...
    I will present my case:
    I bought recently marble set for a very cheap price. The seller (lv 25 char) was rushing for gold and dropped the price from 50b (initially asked) to 30b. I had some doubts after buying and immediately sent ticket for check. I had all the proofs with the conversation and stuff like that but I didn't knew that if items weren't legit I wouldn't get my money back LOL.
    It turned out that items were correctly obtained, so I was lucky.

5. GBKen

GBKen Member

Marble set can't bug right now beacause it doesnt appear in create list. You should focus on the items that showing on create list.

kenyz0r likes this.
  6. GBKen

GBKen Member

any GMs here to answer my question?

7. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I've been told that if the transaction is legitament and no evidence of RMT or Hacking has occurred then the GM's will refund the Gold/CC/Items you traded for the Bugged/Hacked/Duped item.

kenyz0r likes this.
  8. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

If the source of credits you bought is legitimate and you are a bona fide buyer proved, they must refund you.

I will add the following ideas to this situation :

- The investigation is still ongoing, far to be over. If they remove manually all items will be a long run because many made a lot of side characters to hide their items and now a lot of new low characters are running around with end gear. Tao has more players and items than Yin, so will take longer.

- Not only end gear was duped/hacked, even middle to make money. End gear sells best and cost a lot of money. Not a lot of players has that money (cc or $ or in game money) at hand in game now. Who were good will buyers bought the subsequent items from RF marketplace so it easy to verify the codes.All the items with UTs were the target, yet many needs to give some explanations on how they got those items and their relation with the seller.

- In an investigation, a circle of suspects is always made. RF is counting also on players help to report what they see suspicious. Of course there must be a logic in the reports and clear evidence. The circle of suspects is extended to all the characters that X character who duped made the transactions.

- The practice of these people who were banned has been perfected over the years. It's not from yesterday or today. They gave you non stop pk when you had a weak character and then laughed at you for being weak. ”Weak” was the key word which they relied on sales. ”I will show you how to become strong” was the catchy phase. In time they became greedy and put their eyes on the top items not easy to obtain. They renounced to be simple farmers and booters and become dealers and in the end they used the hacks to sell. It is a predictable cycle. It happened in many games.

- The big spenders and the legitimate players stop to spend and that was a clear signal that indeed is need of a change. They push the topics all over the place, but we talk about RedFox money in here so it is their best interest to have a clean game and put a lot of resource and dedication to do it. A foundation in the world of sale is built on trust with customers, meaning with us. RF needs to keep it up.

I know RF worked hard these few weeks so personal, I would like to show my appreciation on this case for their work. How to be safe ? Buy from marketplace and from players who build up a image and reputation of legitimate players.

ZhouWarden likes this.
  9. Lidiaanamihai

Lidiaanamihai Active Member

One problem is if you trade in game items of equivalent value. So if player A trade, in good faith, a rare legit item with player B, and If player B uses in trade a duped item, is impossible for player A to know. Thus player A risks to loose his legitimate item, especially if he did not make a screenshot of the trade. Now, after I found out about this issue, I will wait until the investigations are over before making any trades that involves rare items.

10. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Here are a few guidelines.
    - Be weary of lowbie characters and players you don't recognize or haven't spoken to in-game (If in question, ask us and we can check for you)
    - If you're concerned about an op item like relic 6+ or op deco or weapon, ask us and we can check for you.
    - Regardless of if it's a big trade or not, ALWAYS take screenshots of your trade agreement before initiating your trade. Otherwise, it may be harder, if not impossible for us to help you.

ZhouWarden likes this.
  11. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Can you please look out for those ppl that RMT in FB. Suggestion, only revised trade with in game ss not third-party ss.

12. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

How about the bugs/hacks/glitches actually get fixed instead of being abused year after year and legitimate players having to worry about every purchase they make

13. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Red fox, why do you take reactive action?
    Don’t ban the abusers after the fact, be proactive stop it before it happens and prevent it being possible to abuse!

hillbenji likes this.
  14. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

I don't want to say : I told you so !
    After last weeks are two things deconstruct :
    1.Black market don't exist.
    2.Dupe is not possible.

First you need to be aware that actually the problems exists and after to solve them.

RedFox must stay more focus and take serious the reports from players. They must be visible in the game. Because they went invisible, some players never took the GMs serious and cheated to make real money, taking actually RF money away.A visible presence in game of GMs will give players the feeling of safety.

In this period is better not to buy any top items, wait for the investigation to be over. Stay in stand by and farm for the event. Was a smart move not to make the items tradable.

15. upirank

upirank Active Member

Dear GM, i would like to say this, please dont create extra work for yourself, just use your brain sometime and think about it. You can check all you want, 1000 of tickets will be made just to make any trade in the game. They will make you check every single items they can trade and later the one who got dupe items will still be able to scam other players. Let say i buy an OP deco from player A, i made screenshot of the trade agreement and tell them to wait for GM to check their items if it is legit or not, will you be able to check it right now? or will you be able to be there when the trade happen and check the item in the trade window? No! i doubt you can do, since i know you got a lot of work to do lately with all the hack and dupe and bugs. So back to my point. What if you check it and few hour later player A trade the duped items, which is traded to their account after you have check their original item? Basically same dilemma. Your one and only option is to fix this bug/hack or whatever it is called and roll back for cleansing the server from cheated items, because i know for sure you will be missing a lot of items, which they are hiding and duping even at the time im writing this!

16. xuanmai1

xuanmai1 New Member

I get banned because of this bug/dupe items from last month and i dont know when will RF release my account