Name Change Pill?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terrapin, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Terrapin

Terrapin New Member

Will we get to buy a name change anytime soon?

All the game I play have it, why is 9D still doesn't have it? There can be a temporary epithet that say
    [Player] Name Change.

2. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I'd actually love this. I do have some chars that really need a name change.

3. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

9D wont do something like that. You'll have to remake toon.
    There name policies are difficult to work with.

4. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

We know that - but technically they can edit it.

5. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Apperently it's extremely difficult for them to make changes when it comes to names. I had a issue regarding a name and they couldn't really do much....names are out of redfox's control.

6. GBKen

GBKen Member

I need a gender change pill hahahaha

Cytrix and BirdbrainX like this.
  7. Mihai23

Mihai23 New Member

I remember on acclaim my name was Cokaine and GM pop up to me and changed my name on spot

8. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

RF used to do a lot of name banning in the beginning, not anymore

9. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Acclaim for a brief time offered the option to change the name of ONE toon, for $100 USD!

I support RF doing the same as it will financially support the game.

RadeonX2 likes this.
  10. Terrapin

Terrapin New Member

I don't know if Korean server have it, but if they do then RF server should have it too. Since the introduction of black jade and sleeping jade. It's getting quite expensive to make new char.

11. Terrapin

Terrapin New Member

Let me quote myself in case some people misread.
    Yes I do know there are people that will abused the name change, that's why I also suggest a temporary display of the original name being change. This doesn't change the fact that people can just easily make new char and abused it all over again.

My suggestion isn't just an open-ended idea. I'm just hoping if there is a way for people to change their name, without people abusing it at the same time. Maybe it could be a case by case that GM will manually do it after purchasing from IM. The original name data will be kept for record in case of abuse.

12. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

It's out of rf's hands....
    I was trying to do something involving a character name I made in 2016 in which I have access/ownership to said character. Names are writing in code that apparently is hard to manage so they don't offer any leeway with changing/deleting/ or holding names.

There is a option to restore a deleted Character within a few days of deleting it tho.

13. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Classic, people here make honest suggestions based on an honest and clean mind to just change a rushed char name that they regret now... and then comes an all the scam, corruption blablabla negativity I can't read this anymore. As if a player could ever hide in this small community, Everyone already knows everyone they meet in hainan by now without seeing either their name nor their clan. It is freaking impossible to hide. And even if you got scammed, don't you think RF could just easily trace back the name change? You can't let out a single tooic without interpreting irrational negative aspects into it.

Anyways I go with the suggestion of Che to make it an expensive market item so that you think twice before chaning your name. Imho that'd be a feasable solution.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2020
  14. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Why avoid my core statement that evaporates your argument? GM can easily trace back the name change. Which means your whole argument is obsolete. You CAN'T use name change to hide your identity and scam people. Point. Also what has this to do with black market? Damn you guys can't let out single discussion without diving into your black market universe that no one gives a cr,ap about.

RadeonX2 likes this.
  15. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

Name is about reputation, what you do and represent in 9d. A good player will not need to change his name, after he made a reputation. Why you want to do it in the first place ? When you create a character you have plenty of time to think how you name it.Have 3 names to start with.

16. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

I have alternate chars that I initially made as storage but then later developed a hang to them and leveled them up.
    Those chars have cheap names that I would like to change. It's as simple as that. Nothing to do with black market, nothing to do with scamming or what ever the hell you guys imagine in your created universe were you play the big heroes.

17. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Nice dream but don't think it'll happen.

18. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

so I can begin PKnig,and griefing?
    :D

19. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

I know a few whom have 2 toons, which are/were in 2 different bands/leagues. Sadly, they both more or less identically.
    The banner above their head brought trouble to their 2nd, which bled over to the 2nd band/league.

There are a few whom have a genuine reason.
    I am not saying make it free. Make it very expensive---apply an inflation rate from acclaim ($100) to now a days ($250++).

20. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Each character has a pattern in game, meaning people who study psychology easily recognizes him over the years. Even he/she will change his name, his actions became part of his in game routine and are easy to track down and follow. Bad people still will do bad deeds and good people still do the good deeds.

Behind some avatars there are interests, we all know them, I will not repeat them again and all over. We have to analyze logically what interest it has and why now a young 2020 avatars and others avatars are charging and posting some topics on some delicate subjects and boost them.

Of course all of this coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences) comes after some wave bans from RedFox team.

Another idea when you change the name : RedFox can send messages in game worldwide chat like a roar when you use the object (item) for others to see who change the name. This is call transparency.