Questions about the healer formations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nain9, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Nain9

Nain9 New Member

Which formations are viable/which formations are recommended to use and level? I'm asking from a PvE point of view, as I'm not interested in PvP (although anyone can provide insight on that department be my guest).

Up until GB11, I have access to 2 exploding formations, one that deals physical damage and another one that deals chi kung damage. I've noticed the ck one deals more damage against a lot of mobs compared to the physical one (although the tooltip states that both deal the same amount of damage). I reckon it's because of the mobs having lower ck defense. Is this true for all/most mobs further down the game? And in any case, is it worth it leveling both?

I have a bleeding trap, which I like and use a lot. Maybe later on, with all the broken weapons that float around just about everywhere it'll get obsolete or whatever, but for now I really like it and I am going to keep on using it.

The healing formation is wonderful, although again, with the absolutely broken event buff I haven't had any real need for it. I've been leveling it diligently nevertheless.

I have a Dodge trap that, for what I can understand from the tool tip, if pretty good. Anyway, I don't see how leveling it is worth it, since it's duration doesn't seem to change by the level. Same thing goes for the "always hit" formation. Is there something I'm missing here?

Lastly, I have a strange poison formation, which poisons enemies that step and stay on it for as long as it lasts. I haven't been able to find out what this poison does, though. I asked around in Hefei's all chat and the only reply I got was "OMG IT SUX DONT USE IT". Does anyone actually know what it does?

Thanks, good luck and have fun.

2. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

In general the all evade and defence reduce formations have the best effect out of all formations, the rest have some specific scenarios where they actually give some benefit and that benefit is not that great, you would mostly be using formations against certain bosses, using formations while grinding will slow you down and would not provide any real benefit.

If you want to level them up you can do it when you are higher level and get the 10x skill pill and the daily 5x manual while there is a 2x event going on, also you can get the cast/recast reduce stats to half the time it takes. The defence trap is pretty easy to level and you can level it on any mobs that are lower level than you. The evade trap is a different challenge but I believe the end result is pretty worth it.

3. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Hello, Nain9 ^^ welcome to/back to 9D

Formations are commonly referred to as Traps, so that is what I will call the.
    For me, I more or less never use damage dealing traps, because it (damage to mob/s) is simply too low, making them inefficient, or a waste of time for me.

Most / Commonly Used:
    Reduce Defense on all KL mob, as it increase damage dealt, considerably.
    Extreme Dodge (aka Evade) I use mainly on de-buffing mob (Phoenix, Evil Sorcerers etc), and bosses. For dungeons, I also use Heal, and Dodge while Evade is recasting.
    I also use Success quite often since I typically solo dungeons at an early level, and hate missing strikes/attacks.
    I will 1 trap over mob/boss and the other next to it, so I can have the 2nd buff/boost.

Some traps have different effects in dungeons. Poison is known to have different effects in Icy on that horrible Queen!

All my traps are at C10 as I wanted to see the benefits of all, also ... what's the point of being high level with low level skills (rhetorical)!

Perfection likes this.