Thanks Zhou

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tooji, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tooji

Tooji Member

the forum is locked and i cant reply there. i just wanted to thank zhou for his guide. i can finally run around in kunlun without crashing. havent crashed in potala or hefei either. its like a new 9d. cheers mate. keep up the good work

ZhouWarden and WongF like this.
  2. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

Anytime! Ill continue to do the best I can for the community!

Tooji likes this.
  3. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Does the assurance of not being banned apply only to ZhouWarden, or to all others who modify the game files?

Can we take RF's silence on the matter and both locking and allowing the thread to remain on the forums as their approval? They are obviously aware of the thread and must have read its content before locking it.

4. sidealea

sidealea Member

upload_2020-7-26_20-0-25.png

ZhouWarden likes this.
  5. BirdbrainX

So it's official.

Anyone and everyone who modifies the game files is in violation of RF's ToS.

6. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

I don't know, for a game that needs 2.5 GB of RAM getting just 16 GB doesn't sound enough, I believe they wanted to say 160 but made a typo, either way, got to go the store and get 320 just to be sure.

SubOhmSheep likes this.
  7. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I dont think thats how its meant to be interpreted like that. The way i read it, Redfox considers flagging the .exe with LAA "Atlerting your Operating System" Otherwise why would they even mention it.

8. BirdbrainX

But the method isn't altering the OS. LAA modifies the game executable file, which as unhelpful as it sounds to the player community, violates RF's ToS.

9. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

Maybe they're willing to overlook this as a "Violation" cause it is helpful to the community? Unable to endorse it as a 3rd-party application. Perhaps studying it, so what this program changes they can put into a future patch making it obsolete all together? Ive been assured using the program isnt bannable, but if you refuse to trust my word, i understand. I dont think we will get an official response on this topic cause its gray area. That being said, i dont think they want anyone to modify the game files more that what this program (LAA) does.

Tooji likes this.
  10. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

We have talented people in the community, people with the desire and knowledge to help others and the game to thrive. I do not question the intention of any party, I think are noble at the base, but still, RedFox must come with the solution and be official. They can't let any exception of the rule out (ToS), because others with ill intention may benefit out of this. If you don't comply with the rules/law even for once, no matter if you do it with good or bad intention, it still consider infringement. Dura lex, sed lex said the ancient Romans (from where we got the origin of Codes of Laws in most of countries ) and still applies now everywhere.

As Lunaria said, the community of players came with the solution years ago and was not taken into consideration. RedFox needs to give an official statement regarding this to know where they stand.It is RedFox job and in their attributes to come with official fixes to the problems raised by the community.

Athuyar likes this.
  11. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I agree with you completely. Lars is a close friend and when he gave me the fix i was so excited i wanted to scream it from the rooftops. I dont want anyone to suffer textures like i have. Im aware there must be an official fix. I was hoping that with the renewed interest in this topic and players confirming its capabilities. JWG would notice and see what this 41kb program does, and mimic it. Resulting in a true official fix for all players, and not just player willing to gamble on a 3rd party application.

Tooji likes this.
  12. BirdbrainX

If they were "willing", they would have come out and said it outright on the original thread before they locked it - wouldn't they?

Example: "Hey folks, we here at Redfox have noticed that the application of LAA on the NINEDRAGONS.EXE file has generated a fair bit of interest in that it "may" help reduce the occurrence of texture errors/crashes. Rest assured that those of you who are willing to give it a try, will not be considered in violation of our Terms of Service."

A third party application that modifies the game executable file. There are two red flags in the sentence alone.

So far, the only screenshot of the conversation between user and support is the one provided by sidealea, and it states very clearly what I have replied to you in the original thread.

1. Altering your Operating System is not a violation of our Terms of Service.
    2. Violation occurs when you alter any Nine Dragons/GameGuard related files.
    There is simply no ambiguity in how to interpret the second sentence from the official [GM]Support.

We already did get an official response on the topic in the form of sidealea's screenshot reply from [GM]Support. There isn't a grey area, since sentence 1 indicates an acceptable action on the players part, and sentence 2 indicates an unacceptable action on the players part.

Why not?

Enabling the usage of more than 2gb of address space isn't solely limited to the LAA application. There is nothing stopping players from making more than just that modification using a different method?

Athuyar likes this.
  13. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

*sigh* Im going to stop responding. Sorry for trying to help the community I guess? Yal have a good day.

14. JaydenLi

JaydenLi Active Member

15. upirank

upirank Active Member

Yes, keep helping by deleting thread, that going to help your ego

16. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I dont have the power to delete threads, upirank.
    Honestly, yal are kind of exhausting. I was just trying to share my fix with the community.
    Hell I even asked if it was okay to do before hand. All i get is grilled by people...
    This is why people claim the community is toxic. This is why people avoid the forums.

Tooji likes this.
  17. upirank

upirank Active Member

Sure thing duh

18. JaydenLi

JaydenLi Active Member

Hmm your nose is looking a bit brown, been sticking it right up Karen's azz haven't you? o.0 This is where you say "sure thing duh", you dumb SOB :)

19. BirdbrainX

There are reasons why "modding" has largely remained
    This isn't about you Zhou. I did tell you before in an earlier conversation that I understand you had good intentions.

The issue here is with RF and their silence on the subject.

Making it clear that altering Nine Dragons/GameGuard related files were in violation of their ToS, but allowing content that teaches players who to violate their ToS by making alterations to Nine Dragon related files remain on the forums. Like I said in the original thread, this is sending mixed messages.

Tooji likes this.
  20. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Now that we see we have people with knowledge and talent here, RedFox should offer big credit prizes for the members of community who send fixes that could be implemented to make a better game to SUPPORT. Same goes for BUGS (change game bugs or others bugs). It is in their best interest. After they got them and works can come and post fixes in patches and give the prize away.

Athuyar and ZhouWarden like this.