Fix your Launcher - Cant connect.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheSmug, Jul 10, 2020.

1. TheSmug

TheSmug New Member

Redfox, fix your launcher.
    It doesnt work and will not allow me to restart the game once I've closed it.

I'm running the game through steam and every time I start the game, it gets me to the login menu, I select connect on the server and all I receive is a red message saying

"Login Fail. Please contact a GM if the problem persists"

I exit the game and try to relaunch it and the launcher does not work. The "Game Start" button is red but when I click it, nothing happens; no noise or anything. However, if I shut the launcher, it makes a sound so there is something definitely wrong with the launcher.
    I verify the files and 35 are missing everytime once I close the game. The launcher or something is deleting the files as I click on them. Once its verified, the launcher will update again, the cycle repeats.

There is nothing wrong with my set up or my firewall. It is allowed and everything is as it should.
    My friend recently had the same issue and all you did was close the post , reply with a generic answer which he has already performed and still did not solve the issue.
    He wants to play but unable to because of this issue. At this point he has pretty much given up and soon I will too unless this gets fixed.

Let me get this straight:

1) I do not need to run my game as admin since I have full privilege on my profile, ive checked. Also this is no longer Window Vista days, this problem should not even occur.
    2) I don't not need to add exception to my firewall as the game is already allowed not just at a file level but account level.
    3) I do not need to end background tasks and services as nothing is conflicting with it. If it did, the game would not even start in the first place.

I should not be forced to close Microsoft applications just to run a game that came out in 2007 when its 2020. My game runs fine on the first start but I cannot log in to the game and its mysteriously deleting files as I click on every input. Everytime I verify files, 35 are missing after launching the game and failing to connect.

I played sometime last year and I never had this issue. Now its all different when my setup has not changed? I beg to differ.
    How is that even possible?
    This is ridiculous.

2. TheSmug

TheSmug New Member

I forgot to add that I've already tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling multiple times.
    Deleting the file once uninstalled to ensure a fresh install has happened.

3. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

let me get this straight..

you download game.. on steam..

something goes wrong on "your end"

Your end..
    obviously because others are playing just fine on steam..

you know you can run the game another way...
    instead of doing so.. or playing directly from playredfox.com

you come and throw a tantrum on forum about not being able to play on steam.. and should not be forced to use microsoft...

instead of sending support ticket..

...S.M.H..

Thedarklord87 and Photoshop like this.
  4. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

on second if your steam is in your program folder.. that might be why..

I had problem running game when it was in Program files folder..

5. TheSmug

TheSmug New Member

Both outcomes are the exact same. I tried downloading the game directly via Redfox themselves and the issue is the same. The issue is not because of steam or my set up. Its the launcher itself.

I should of mentioned this but I actually downloaded the game earlier during the week (tuesday or wednesday) on steam and it worked fine. I logged on multiple times, no issues at all. During that moment, my friend which I mentioned in the post was confused how it worked for me and not for him. I even screenshared to show him.

I wanted to see if the issue persisted if I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Then that started happening. Keep in mind that I have not changed my set up since tuesday / wednesday. Not installed any new softwares or anything.
    Now if its my end, there is no possible way that it would work fine one minute then as soon as you uninstall - reinstall the nxt, it doesnt work. Especially when the problem / fault is the exact same as my friend. Literally Identical. Thats quite the coinicedence wouldnt you say?

I just find that super hard to believe.

I decide to throw it on the forum because my friend went through support and all they did was resolve his ticket before even getting his feedback to see if their solutions worked or not (which it didnt btw). My outcome will inevitably be the same. So I would of came to the forum regardless, might as well of just done it now and save me the hassle of writing it later.

The game is not saved in the program folder. The folder is a standalone in my SSD (D drive) whereas my Program folder is on my C drive. Also when I installed the game directly via Redfox, it was on a standalone file as well on my SSD. An individual file separate to the steam folder.

Regardless, i appreciate your feedback nonetheless. Its very frustrating.

6. Faceless

Faceless New Member

Can you try this method. Create a profile from the user account. There are 3 launchers in the 9Dragons folder, launch all to see which 1 works.

7. KalEl2018

KalEl2018 New Member

i am having the exact same problem ive played this game since it came out i left for a few months now it loads the first time but cant after that on steam or from website anyone have a f ix for this yet please

8. AdeonSurya

AdeonSurya New Member

I had this same issue too after the last update, Launcher >cant click "start"
    I changed the DNS address from automatic to 1.1.1.1
    Launcher got patched and no more issues then.

Hope that helps. gl
    <3 9Dragons

MinnesotaSlays and BirdbrainX like this.