Returning Player, questions about how clans work now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BogusTree, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

So this is probably soemthing thats obvious to players that are active but as someone returning to the game after years (all the way back from middle school/early high school even) of forgetting it exists.
    So i have come back wanting to continue my character as a Blood Demon, but when i finished the revamped bamboo village and joined the heavenly demon clan, it just thrusted me into the charmira pit and told me to grab five horns.
    I was not expecting this, did i miss something? or have the two major clans been super streamlined? i was expecting to have to go through all the quests from the starting village and work my way up to being a demon, not get the quest immediately to become one.

Its odd too since you have to go to soul catcher, the high priest and you meet the girl your meant to have the journey with and everything acts like you have going through all the other quests in Mount Yanmo.

im also going to Shi Zang a lot faster then i know i should from my previous knowlage.

Is that how the Wu-Tang and the Heavenly demon clans work now? complete the bamboo village and gonig straight into the recruitment test?

Is that the same for the other clans? are there no more lightfoot tests with the wieghted shoes?
    no more trying to lie to get into the shoulin monistary?

Do people even care about the quests anymore? i mean i understand some don't but maybe im just one of the rare few who reads the dialog and wants to get into my character, this is meant to be a roleplaying game right?

though i am enjoying the game im rather bewildered that i somehow missed out on a few days worth of quests.

2. Gordyg3

Gordyg3 New Member

They did some revamping with RTD, to make it quicker.
    The pre quests you are referring to should still be active somewhat, and follow a storyline. RTD does not give the upgraded clan epis, you have to do some side quests separately to achieve those.

3. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

i am unfamiliar with RTD or the epis.

but mean like having to do the beginning quests for the mount yanmo village and eventually progressing to get the quest to go into the charmera pit, like most of the mobs in that area are useless now and all you need is the bloodhorned chameras and the knife of white shadows.
    If that is intentional and you skip half the starting quests and move straight onto the girl who you were suppose to know having amnesia and also the quest where the ghost tells you that shes dead, than alright, kinda breaks the flow of the story.

I'll have to make a Wu-Tang to see if its similer, i did personally enjoy the clan starting areas more.

4. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s all streamlined. You very quickly progress through the early maps with most of the old quests removed in bamboo and clan base

5. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

well thats a bit of a shame, i guess the game design now is to get you familer with what each clans are and their lore, then spitting you out into Shi Zang ASAP.

Is PVE still a way to go? cause i was seeing threads that are saying how PVP focused it is, I personally never liked PVP in games unless its super causal because i tend to get over competitive and get angry when losing over and over again.

though i must say i have forgotten a lot of this game, last i remember is that i was a lvl 89 blood demon fighting a bunch of knife wielding madmen that can an awakened form after death that gave them floating knives

6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Old maps mean pretty much nothing now, game doesn’t even really start until lvl 220+

ZhouWarden and MinnesotaSlays like this.
  7. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

can you clarify what you mean by that? i understand that old maps from back in the day don't really mean much now and that they shouldn't be focused on.

but are you saying there different adventures to be had lvl 220+? or does the game open up mechanically and nothing new in terms of PVE content is provided? or is it both?

8. Reymonauk

Reymonauk New Member

I just started about few weeks ago, and he’s right. At earlier stages all you do is level up, there’s really no other content for you to do at early levels. Starting from 220+ that’s where things start to get difficult, where you have to actually grind. More useful dungeons and harder dungeons becomes available for you to farm in and get mats to make gear or epi or relic. You’ll be able to farm bosses as well, specifically for materials needed to create relics, gear, etc.

9. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

To put it simple :

1. Experience curve is very easy right now, make power level in SRS and GC and in 1 day you are over 200 levels.
    2. Quests lines like and lore is abandoned, many people only do the clan and second role quests and stop there.
    3. What is really hard to get are the items like relics, gear, top epithets, and so on due some factors : a lot of time to grind, low drop rate divided between rare and common items and low craft rate to make it.
    4. Marketplace is full of gamble content, it is not like Acclaim. We have to gamble a lot these days to get items, yet my suggestion is to sell cc and take the items from in game players.
    5.Everything that was simple in Acclaim time like stats, relics, drop rate, exp became complicated because of devs. Instead of keeping the things simple and steady, they enforced extensions to those things, meaning they erased everything about how those worked before. For e.g. if you want more critical damage you have to extend all your relics with critical attribute, gear, make the additions on weapons and believe me will take you a lot of time. If you want more drop rate you have to extend everything with drop rate with all in game additions and are many.
    6.Due everything stated above, pvp server is harder to play, because you need two types of gear : pve and pvp. The griefing and pvp drama is still there tho, so choose carefully on what server you want to play.
    7.Find an active master and a band to give you addition for exp and drop rate + guidance.
    8. Clans : same old clans, we don't have advance clans, they change the skills, we have after level 10, but are hard to level. The main quest line with new clan relic or new kung fu skills is dead.

Do not expect to be what was before, but I am glad someone from old time is back, more power to the great community.

Enjoy and if you play on Yin white side, our SR community will help you to start and play, just give me a pm on forum !

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    ZhouWarden and Gordyg3 like this.
  10. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

and very in depth thank you, ill need to look over it more, right now im just going through RTD quests, fuuny that im already where i was back then at the fraction of the level (39) for my demon.
    I can now what exactly is a SR? cause i am planning on just making a beggar for their drunken master fist fighting style.

11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

SRS is abbreviation for School of Rising Sun dungeon in Liaodong map.
    GC is abbreviation for Golden Castle dungeon in Loulan map.
    SR abbreviation for Storm Riders.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  12. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member

remnant of the
    Storm Riders from Acclaim. They not active ingame as such league though
    If you play on Yin and plan to make white character, I'll suggest you to contact Zedo. He got a fast growing league with helpful peoples.

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  13. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

SR in Yin game is Enlightened hero league, the name of Yoink SR band, because SR name was already taken and is quite active, the only active band from white side, the rest are more 1 man show band for pk.
    I don't comment others bands, not my thing, he can join who he wants and make pleasure to play along.

14. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

i will admit that i was a one of the loners from back during acclaims time, mostly cause i was pretty young but because it would be better for me to know which ones which.

is this hero band your talking about called "Enlightened" and the creator of the hero band is called yoink? or is it Yoink SR band?

15. Athuyar

Athuyar Active Member

Storm Riders from Bardo restarted in Yin server. Yoink was first and asked others to join. He made shao band En. Someone else made SR before Yoink, but not with SR community members. Ons, Sedbona, d4, Mender joined in the server and made other clan bands. They raise the white side and let SR to other people. Mender took En band as BM, but he died of cancer, now Dracula is BM. We regret Mender, he was a great guy.

Dracula is rebinding white side with other mentality, not dog eat dog, but old acclaim players, team work.

Perfection band is on the black side, Wicked band, 4 active people there who pks low level and stay outside in GC entrance to pk who wants to level of level of farm.

Zot is Montana, he put his characters as BMs to league and came from Virus band. He was Ebola pupil.

There are usually spy in bands, people who wants to destroy other people bands, to get control over server.

Members from Wicked also infiltrated in SR, with what end? Montana put a character in SR, Scanor band also put character in SR. All wanted a piece of SR, En now. We know all, we only have fun, make team work to win in the end, but we are not blind.

16. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

i still don't quite understand, i must admit that back during the acclaim days i wasn't really engaged with the community and didn't make it too far level wise (again 89 blood demon) but if Dracula is making a band that is about helping each other then thats the kind of group i would want to be with.

people that know the game that can help me with questions and with dungeons when i get there.

but i can also see a sort of community war going on with people trying to tear it down cause they want a laugh.

17. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Here is the SR Community, it is more a joint of old Acclaim players :
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/storm-riders-community.41087/

We have a SR discord where we chat with our friends, I will let it in your inbox. The story is simple : Storm Riders was formed in Bardo server, was a great hero league, but not only for the achievements we made in game, but also because of the principles we stand for and the help we gave to the players and the community. On RedFox, Storm Riders players spread on Tao and Yin. On Yin we have the white side league call Enlightened. On Tao also we have friends that can help you. We don't want a toxic mode in the community, game base oppression and we want greatness for this game based on a vision for the future.

Dracula is BM material, that is why he is SR master, meaning he put others needs before him. Only few players can do that. A great BM is not someone who pk all map and give items, but someone who can make followers for his vision, rebirth the team player spirit and attract more players like us having fun and enjoy the game.

We don't promote ourselves like a league, but more like a community for old school players and new with SR spirit within.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  18. PewPewMeDIe

PewPewMeDIe Active Member

Perfection band? 4 active people who pk low level? Camp outside at GC entrance?
    I want name!!! Who are they???

19. Perfection

He means Wicked league. Im quite interested of knowing the names of those people also lol

20. Perfection

I believe they talk about Drackulla, who is Enlightened LM, since [D]racula is a black clan character. But I do understand it can be difficult to some people to remember how to type name of their league master.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.