Weapon damage secondary refine addition on clothes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lidiaanamihai, May 21, 2020.

1. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

To be honest I don't care now. Already shown by GM it is adding flat damage instead.

I said pro not only for you. @Ozbud was also my target since he was saying that he didn't feel the difference with icy epithet compared to the clothes options. I never said you were this or that. In this thread, I addressed you because you created it and I kindly asked you to show some pictures (30 seconds thing). You just went to silence and ignored me for no reason.

Thanks for helping the others. You didn't see me attacking you, did you? Why are you justifying all of this?

Don't put me in the same bag as these people. Don't turn this thread to a personal attack because I did never mention that to you or to anyone. I emphasize that I used your name because you started this topic and I wanted just a confirmation about that stat, thing that you avoided and even said to @Eroine "let them be". Meaning what? My opinion doesn't matter? Don't act like everyone is against you because you donate 10 or 100000 USD. I don't care if you do, it is your money and you do whatever you want with it. Don't start a conversation thinking that you will be attacked because you donate. That's an arrogant manner to start with.

Glad to hear those words, contrary to other people, I wish you all the best in life and in-game. I hope you understand what I tried to say in the aforementioned message.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  2. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

@Lidiaanamihai
    Correct answer for anti-pros : the game mechanic did not change, it is the same since 2006 and it has been well deciphered and rendered since then by vets like @Lidiaanamihai , however the bugs keeps piling up and change the devs mechanic into trash. Thank you RedFox !

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  3. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

I don't even know what to tell you.
    If it is working as it should, it is not based on % but flat damage. Enough of this. Take it as you want :)

MinnesotaSlays likes this.
  4. MinnesotaSlays

MinnesotaSlays Active Member

I am not sure what this forum turned into but hey everyone just wants to create a knowledge base for all players. Right now the visual bug leads people to believe its a flat rate damage, but it is stated that it doing as it should. If that's the case I would be inclined to believe that there was maybe a mistake somewhere and it's not that big of a deal. If someone from the opposing side shows proof that is fantastic, but as of right now we are inclined to believe both what's being shown in screenshots and what CM/GMs are communicating. This is just me playing both sides but at this point, it's not even a right or wrong thing...Everyone just wants to know what is the right way to interoperate that stat and how do validate that what is being said is actually being applied. That is something on the GM/CM that can provide us with 100% certainty.

5. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Very simple kpzini : take the bugs away and simply apply the old mechanic. RedFox is in two boats with the answer, which is not beneficial. But on the other hand we found out it is a bug in the middle of flat and %. Yet, a full optimized and detailed answer it is not given to us. So we wait for the new patch to fix something... and unfix something else like always.

Ozbud likes this.
  6. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Well they are gonna fix it, so what is the old mechanic??
    Or how would that weapon damage 160-220 apply in the old system?

7. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Regardless of if works, doesn’t work as intended or doesn’t work at all, the other 13th refinement addition options are all junk anyway so this is still the best option possible

8. ninhho

ninhho Active Member

Simple question: Does it work like the icy epi after maintenance for separate % and point stats into 2 lines?
    Known that the epi will keep as it is, how about clothes stats?

9. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Regarding the epithets, game mechanic without bugs was calculated like this : some epithets gave direct damage bonuses. By giving critical rate bonuses, epithets can also affect indirectly your average damage. Those damage bonuses are expressed in absolute values, which means the damage bonus is applied to both minimum and maximum damages (2000~3350 dmg would become 2100~3450 dmg with a damage+100 bonus). It was assumed since 2007 that weapons with lower damage spread benefit more from such damage bonuses than those with high damage spreads.

10. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

The publishers additions :
    The problem with damage calculation came from the fact that some items are adding % and some are adding absolute numbers, also some bonus are calculated in absolute numbers. The devs are to blame. Instead of doing a simple system for us to have same equation they added absolute numbers plus % when they added new type of damages. If you remember all started with % of YY, B&S.But primary and most important damage that came from weapon and weapon bonus always added % in old mechanic of game.
    A constant remains from 2006 : the BUG. BUG is like 0, nullify all.

11. BobThePriest

BobThePriest Active Member

It doesnt have to be simple like only flat damage, take a look at PoE with its different types of damage, flat and percentage. The only real difference is in PoE we know the calculations and here we are trying to figure out how some stats corresponds to the total damage done to some sort of mob. In my opinion it would be nice to have some insight in the damage calculations, so we might be able to make some different build than the "just stack crit dmg" build

12. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Because of the simple base from the start of 9d we had a calculator of damage, but after they started to add YY, BS plus resistance that works in % and new things, all went rampant and we started to add /100 and % to our calculation. Also, we were able to calculate very good the nerf status in pvp. Another thing that is not discuss at all is defense. Everybody talk about damage and tend to ignore the defense calculation.

Now if I want to calculate something I need a wall of text for explanations and that is why usually I quit to give the explanations and the mechanic and only get to the conclusions. We also have to keep in mind how the mechanic change over time, but the basic it is still here.

Unlike PoE, the devs in 9Dragons made the stats like a Chuck Norris beat the story line of 9d with no story line :)... and roundhouse kick the wall.