Game Start button is not working after update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Linado, May 13, 2020.

1. TheDarkness

TheDarkness Active Member

Yes should not be Windows update issue, because my other PC using Windows 7 disabled Windows update features for a long time and double confirmed no update so far since 2019.

[ 11:13:19 ] Initialize registry file.
    [ 11:13:19 ] Load registry file...
    [ 11:13:20 ] Set process priority.
    [ 11:13:20 ] Main(4752) SetThreadPriority(THREAD_PRIORITY_HIGHEST)
    [ 11:13:20 ] Begin kernel.
    [ 11:13:20 ] Set USA language pack, Font name [Arial]
    [ 11:13:20 ] Code page : 1252, Local : 1
    [ 11:13:20 ] Build sqrt LUT
    [ 11:13:20 ] Load text resource
    [ 11:13:22 ] ERROR: Data in 9Dragons has changed or has failed to update sucessfully. Please install again.
    [ 11:13:25 ] Released 9dragons mutex.

2. TheDarkness

The update log too big cannot copy & paste here, but I copied last few update lines

Update : \NINEDRAGONS.EXE

Package Message : Export file [4:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\NINEDRAGONS.EXE]
    Package Message : Check folder and create [4:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\NINEDRAGONS.EXE]
    Package Message : Check old file [4:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\NINEDRAGONS.EXE]
    Package Message : Rename new file [C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\NINEDRAGONS.EXE_new->C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\NINEDRAGONS.EXE]
    Update complete.[\NINEDRAGONS.EXE
    ]
    Update : \XFCONTROL.DLL

Package Message : Export file [5:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\XFCONTROL.DLL]
    Package Message : Check folder and create [5:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\XFCONTROL.DLL]
    Package Message : Check old file [5:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\XFCONTROL.DLL]
    Package Message : Rename new file [C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\XFCONTROL.DLL_new->C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\XFCONTROL.DLL]
    Update complete.[\XFCONTROL.DLL
    ]
    Downloading [PATCH200.XPZ].Download thread : http://nine_dragons.cdn.playredfox.net/cdn/Patch/Live/PATCH200.XPZ -> C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\PATCH200.XPZ
    Finished downloading [PATCH200.XPZ].Package Message : Package opened [PATCH200.XP]
    Package Message : Open patch information file [PATCH200.XP:pATCH200.XPI]
    Update : \DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP

Package Message : Export file [0:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge]
    Package Message : Check folder and create [0:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge]
    Package Message : Check old file [0:C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge]
    Package Message : Rename new file [C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge_new->C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge]
    Modifing package file.
    C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP
    Package Message : Package opened [C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP]
    Package Message : Package opened [C:\PlayRedFox\9DragonsAwaken\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP_Merge]
    Calculate package informations.
    Rebuild package
    Delete temporary patch files
    Complete rebuild
    Update complete.[\DATA\SCRIPT\SCR_BASE.XP
    ]
    Start : cvs.
    Create socket object...
    Created socket object...
    Connect to version server...
    Connected to version server...
    Recieve version...
    Recieved version...
    Close socket...
    Server version : 201
    End of launcher sub module
    =============================================================================
    End of log.
    2020-5-15 / 11:12:58
    ==================================================================Code by _X=

3. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Your version is updated.
    Antivirus is known to conflict with this error (Cannot press Start)

We will have to refer you back to check the settings on your PC. Please check to see if there is a block in Nine Dragons exe. If you do not see any Nine Dragons or Redfox files in your quarantine/block list, and allowing all files through your anti-virus does not work, please try the following steps.

1. Disable Antivirus (Window Defender since you say you do not have any other Antivirus install).
    2. Uninstall Nine Dragons Awaken.
    3. Reinstall Nine Dragons Awaken.

Also, make sure MS Windows is updated.

4. TheDarkness

hi Ahri,
    1) Disabled Windows Defender same issue and I do not have any other AntiVirus
    2) Uninstall 9Dragon done
    3) Reinstall 9Dragon using setup file same issue

Last time I have the same issue, after server update again then it automatically fixed my issue. Perhaps can you show us how manually patch PATCH201.XPZ (extract the contents of the file and manually copy into 9Dragon folder) for temporary use?

5. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Thank you, BTW for all the replies.

I do not use any 3rd party security on my system.
    All Windows security (firewall, antivirus/Defender & UAC) is always disabled.
    My system is more or less for 9D only.

6. [GM]Ahri

You cannot manually patch in our version.

7. [GM]Ahri

What about deleting your GG folder and relaunch the game.

8. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

BINGO !!

I received a response from support and all I was able to complete the update ^^

"Hi Daoji,
    We have applied changes.
    You should be able to start your game after the next...."

Thank you for whatever you did, and I hope Darkness and the rest are also in.
    <<33

Isloate likes this.
  9. TheDarkness

Hi Daoji,
    Awesome, but I still not able to launch the game, looks like always stuck at patch 199, could you upload the file ndreg.xrg just few KBs to cloud drive and share for me.

10. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Oh I did the usual full uninstall, clean registry and reinstall.

I am not pure enough to ride a Flying Nimbus :rolleyes: (no cloud account)

Can you message me an e-mail to send to?

11. Isloate

Isloate New Member

My friend and I are still having the same problem, once the update is downloaded it will launch the game then fail and say “ Data in 9dragons or has failed to update successfully. Please install again” obviously I have tried this many times now. I run the game through steam and when I click “Verify integrity of game files” it says I have 51 files failed to validate and will be required, once it downloads those files it says “ All files successfully validated” so I then run the game and it downloads the update and I’m right back where I started with the first launch crashing and steam telling me I have 51 Files that I need to validate. Can you please help me as I know it’s not my computer cos my friend has the exact problem. Alternately can you confirm when the next maintenance schedule will be so you can fix this issue

12. Isloate

Isloate New Member

Here are the error messages

please help GM

Attached Files:

13. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Maybe its a steam error??
    Try to use the rf 9d own installer?

14. TheDarkness

I gave up, not only steam, use rf 9d own installer same issue, uninstall, clean registry and reinstall, run update again, did many times still unable to launch the game.

15. Isloate

Isloate New Member

A quick maintenance schedule at their end should find the problem, just depends when they will get that done, could be weeks and I just bought my 9d premium so guess that was a waste

16. Isloate

Isloate New Member

The download from steam is 100% complete and all files are as they should be but after the 9d update downloads (through the 9d start game window) the steam download (the game) is then missing files and says I have to reacquire them.

17. Isloate

Isloate New Member

I knew something was up straight away when the update didn’t download automatically in the Game Start screen the first time, they always begin downloading automatically to allow you to start playing but I had to trigger the update through Steam, so the issue of “GAME START button won’t work” is coz the update hasn’t started for those people and of course the game won’t start if it’s missing files

18. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Thank you, Ahri, NineArts & support staff, for granting me access ^^

Darkness, I just e-mailed you the ndreg
    Sorry I was sleeping =)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  19. Isloate

Isloate New Member

Can you send me the fix as we’ll? Or can you post it on the forum

20. TheDarkness

I reinstall whole Windows Operation systems and fresh install 9Dragon but still again facing same issue. The Windows is fresh install without any Anti virus or Firewall setup as just for testing. Any GMs can explain this?