Confused about healer stat distribution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaesa, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Jaesa

Jaesa New Member

Hello, I'm brand new to the game and was wondering why healer guides recommend only increasing dexterity, strength and constitution? I played as a warrior for a couple days and those stats made sense for them, of course..but does healing not have a stat (wisdom?) it scales from? And if I don't have any points in essence how will I have enough energy to heal people?

Adding to my confusion is the official guide on the website stating essence and wisdom are key for the role.

https://help.playredfox.com/en/support/solutions/articles/8000031471-wu-tang

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

This is largely due to a stats and skill revamp update patch that was been introduced about two years ago. Healers no longer have CK nukes, thus they only have physical melee attacks (not counting traps), so healer builds benefit more from having Str, Con, and Dex.

To my knowledge, Wis stat has never benefited heals or buffs since the launch of the game over ten years ago, and they certainly do not do that now.

Most players get their Ess stat (all stats actually) and their VE pool enhanced from their gear like clothes, relics, etc. Therefore, Ess stat is pretty much ignored and kept at base 8 even by CK users like nukers and hybrids. The Ess stat has even been removed from bracer stat requirement.

Quite a fair bit of the "official" Redfox guide/explanation pages are severely outdated. I see them as mostly lore based than being informative in a practical game sense.

3. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Ill only post about the Wis stay.

Before RF got the game melee chars in pvp all benefited from Wis vs ck chars for ck def and ck dmg. Now it's pointless in this version for melee to use wis, unless your a hyb and want to use some nukes and to increase said nukes dmg.

I did notice when last played during my restat, that my ck hybs push aoe did not increase in dmg when adding Wis. I call it a push cuz I'm not my PC and can't give you the actual name of it. I know on shao, the healer and had one aoe that was the same. Looks like big hands, it's a frontal attack aoe.

Anyways hope all is having fun!

Until I return, later!