Why skill is so low in 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFuzionBranz, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Agree or Disagree

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. DJPandaz

DJPandaz Active Member

Skill level so low because there’s less of a pool of players to choose from. If 20 ppl play the game why do u expect there to be 15 good players...? How many millions of ppl play basketball yet only 1% of those ppl are in the NBA. Logic. This post seem like u wanted to flex but Btw Branz I beat that àss several times in glac and ur not that good 1v1 to be typing paragraphs. I stand my ground.

2. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

totally true. but if you are new gen, you have no right talk.

i hold back. and realize they **** and new gen and reply on exo a lot.

3. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

You're opinion is just as bad as you lieing about beating me:rolleyes:

Why would I need to talk about this to flex lol.

4. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I agree. Skill gap decreased TOO much in this game. the only 1v1ers i see now is Mario (i mean he is one right), Conqueror (great) and paragus (prob the greatest atm but he doesn't even log in anymore). last decent 1v1 i saw was when he fought foes a few months ago (bcuz foes dont like him or smth I just like the beef lol). Paragus has never been too popular but i always seen him compete and even beat top 1v1ers. im using him as an example bcuz he never talked about his own skill level and barely even talks to anyone in a lobby, ppl just remember him bcuz of how good he is. beef nowadays just aren't interesting bcuz we dont have these godly players anymore. paragus JUST 1v1ed EXPLIZIT like 2 months ago and i wish i could've saw it (spars but still, i want to get better at 1v1) @Paragus[/QUOTE]
    aw man what about me

5. DJPandaz

DJPandaz Active Member

Because it seems like an obvious answer. There’s less ppl playing and the ppl playing are newer. Wtf. What godlike skill level are u expecting from that? I feel like this question is not something that needs to be thinked about so hard. so when someone asks a rhetorical question they just wanna hear the answer they know is true. So why u ask a rhetorical question ? To flex. Simple. Do u need me to explain more ?

6. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

Well the average yearly salary of an NBA player is $7.7million. Assuming these players get paid the same, just the lakers nba players alone would cost up to $138million a year in wages alone, excluding any other external costs the business might have with these players. Businesses will try and cut on costs so having multiple personnel which aren't required will only decrease profits. If more teams would come of the NBA for more people to join then the NBA won't be as competitive or have the high stature it has today which would probably cut on viewership. Not only that, broadcasting payments which are distributed evenly among all teams would have to decrease due to more teams being in it which would also decrease in profits because this is one of the biggest paychecks the teams get. There are more reasons, which can also go towards the people themselves and they would need physical features which they can't change due to genes to elevate them to a higher level of skill. A great proportion of people are cut just due to the height of the players. I'm no expert in basketball but using this as an example is really terrible. You cannot compare a highly competitive sport to a casual game on the internet.

You should expect those 15/20 players to be good because if all they do is play this game then that should be natural. Everything can be on an even playing field in RF. Remaining players are old players so they also have skill. Although yes, you are right the small amount of players does effect skill level but the data pool being small doesn't account for a low level of skill.

7. TheFuzionBranz

But being new doesnt mean you cant make it to the top. There are current players from every year of RFs existance who still play, infact many of them are competitive and it has no relation to the skill they have. Some are total dumbasses and many people try and improve on stupid ways.

how the hell is it that when I talk its a a flex? I cant be good and talk about others being good or not? Since im good i should shut up? Lmao guess I cant talk then.

The size if the community has no relation to the skill of it. Its the competitiveness and skill factor faced in the game whenever played. If a player logins and plays, thats time spent on RF and experience gained. Most people are older and most newer peoples skill wont even be judged until they join more public rooms or forums. They will get kicked from teams or just be at the bottom of rankings in rooms unnoticed.

this thread is more about the actual people you will see on a faily or weekly basis. Face it, join a room back then or now and its different. Skill should be constantly evolving with time, with or without players joining. Players just have a new route and method of playstyle available and it hinders the skill you can gain while playing.

Guess you’re butthurt cause you’re one of the “I want to be good/I think I’m very good” players who are horrible lol.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    HumoLoco likes this.
  8. TheFuzionBranz

Many people on RF want to be good, they actually try so hard and get emotional on this game. Its pretty typical on any PvP game when someone who is very competitive plays.

However many competitive gamers who for example have played Street Fighter for example at high skill levels of play know very well the benefit of putting effort into yourself a certain way. When you fight as an equal with a “leveled” battle scenario your skill is put way further to test rather thank having a handicapt advantage.

In RF there is 0 concept of item balancing in scrolls, exocores or stats. There was once a time where it was pretty close in terms of content released with little evolution at a time. Most scrolls pretty much had the same functions, combo, quick edge, launcher and sometimes minor additions (ground hit, mix up, second launcher).

Now even a single scroll can cover an insane amount of distance, apply rediculous amounts of stun with insane speed/recovery on many hits. Some have stupid hitboxes and others have gimmicks featuring little to no counter play. Of course using these items are permitted and shouldnt be forbidden, however many of these items will make users blind to very serious parts of RF that specific items pretend them from seeing in several types of scenarios.

unfortionately, scrolls can be weaker matched up against others, can be weaker in certain situations and envirements too.

Someone who improves with much more knowledge and experience focused on these important factors of RF will be so much better if he applies them. A simple few steps on every engagement, disengagement, everytime you jump after a hit with insane stuff, or spamming combos that cant be countered.

5)3! again some people use items with less feats then these and still ****. You really need the right mindset with the right experience. It doesnt take years either to get good. Once the keyboard feels natural to you and you put in time atleast seeing every scroll is when you’re ready to start stepping up. Scooter and Explizit went from 0 to top 10 within less than 1/4-1/2 of a year after joining the game. Same goes for Lambo, Hayatei, Sphyer, Autumn, Donnnyy, Ziggy and tons of other names. They invested themselves with the right mindset and choices. Many players now take another route.

Anyhow, keep saying its cause its a small community or what not. By your logic you cant lose to a player with a more recent join date and because the community is smaller you gain less experience lol.

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

This fact is totally 100%.
    just like my 2-1 today.

10. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

You late 20 or maybe in 30's already and u play rf for competition? LOL. Bruh, so play a real game. RF is for casual now. Nimonix f this game up. Host is terrible at coming up with events too.

Yeezus likes this.
  11. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

What's a real game?

12. TheFuzionBranz

I mean, I don't play RF because I'm looking for a replacement for Habbo Hotel that shut down.

If I'm playing PvP its to win or want to feel challenged. Sorry you took the word "competition" to the extreme. Plus I don't really feel like picking up a new game with the little free time that I have. I have a decent circle of friends in RF and its a game I don't need to invest in to understand it or be good. Once its done for I probably just won't game anymore

13. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

a real game could be LoL, black desert online, hentai, or korean game.

14. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

48-2

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

shhhh.