Would I run into any legal issues if I try to make a game thats heavily inspired by Rumble Fighter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmmanuelCamden, Feb 18, 2020.

1. EmmanuelCamden

EmmanuelCamden New Member

RedFox are one of the worst businessmen I've ever seen. Its been years and the UI for the game is still the same, new scrolls are all recycled, lag is atrocious and the community is toxic (there's still more to say but I'm not trying to make this a rant). Although I haven't played this game for years my love for this game is still strong and I think this game had massive potential when RF was in the hands of OGPlanet. It honestly makes me so sa https://www.applock.ooo/d to seen the state this game is in

I'm thinking of taking up game design as a class and since this game is all I think about I was thinking of making something very similar to this. The idea of scrolls, juggling, exos, anime-ish art style etc., is something I'd like to include (scrolls and exos would have a different namel of course) but I feel like eventua https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/ lly it would fall into plagiarism because I'd like to make this game as similar to RF as possible but with my take on it, I'd make the fundamentals such as fighting, stages, game modes and boss fights similar to RF but stuff like UI, clothes and a number of other stuff would be different. So because of this I was wondering if I could get sued

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I think you know very little of RedFox's relationship with Nimonex, RF's south korean developing company which also just so happens to staff members of Chinese / Korean pro gaming teams. UI is cosmetic, Street Fighter games never even change their UI after release unless you pay another 60 bucks for the new super ultra deluxe arcade versions they peddle every couple years. ALL fighting games recycle their own content i.e. SF has Ryu / Ken / Akuma / Sakura / Sean / Dan and Smash Bros which is one of THE biggest competitive fighting games on the scene right now has varying degrees of recycling such as Pichu, Melee Ganon, Falco, Dark Samus. Lag is player sided so if you don't like it get a better connection or kick the laggers, RFs netcode is honestly WAAAY better than most other fighting games with exception to Killer Instinct and Smash Ultimate. How is the toxic community RedFox's fault? OGPlanet were scam artists that intentionally frauded the account transfers to GC by giving everyone $500 in astros BEFORE confirming everyone's transfer data making it impossible to prove who had what before the giveaway, a final **** you to us and the new company, so dont break an arm jerking OGP off. Theres a reason RedFox has held the rights to RF longer than OGP did.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Panthaero and tamirtov like this.
  3. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Lmfaooooo

4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Ok 1st of all dont say sht if you have to create new acc just to make post like that . if you are scared to post something like that on your main account then just dont post at all .
    2nd if you think of taking "Game Design" as a class then just GG . you are clearly empty in knowledge on how much time it will take you as a rookie ( who dont know anything ) to create even a decent looking character that moves. and if you are a rookie noone is gonna help you to create anything unless you have some money to pay for their work.
    Just saying. Its good that you like RF and you want to start some Design classes . but its easier to say then it is to do.

Tengu and TheDL6Incident like this.
  5. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

HMU.

NeoStrayFox, Rinnegan and tamirtov like this.
  6. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Doubtful this game will even be around in another 3 years and doubtful you could make something decent as rf in 3 years so go for it, its just a fighting game with different fighting styles just make the models more dark and griddy maybe add blood and theres nothing to copy right

7. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

“Inspired”? No, unless you exactly copy everything. Redfox didn’t make the game, the game is past its prime. Ogplanet wouldn’t be able to save rf to be honest, so stop bringing them up. I had a friend that was a streamer and gm for ogplanet, game died less than a year. Game came back 2 years later and it died quicker when the developers decided to host it themselves. In short most of the blame goes to the developers. Takes multiple people to make a game like this, better learn multiple programming languages.

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

As soon as I read this. I want destroy you.

but if you steal the license of Nimonix's Rumble Fighter then yea you are big boy trouble.

9. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

@Tengu

OGPlanet is still the best company to run rf. It was a stupid decision on Nimonix end to terminate the contract and based upon that decision we pretty much are all fked with the box fighter, who can collect the most boxes each update ?

10. gottablast

gottablast Member

@Tengu dude please stop comparing rf to other fighting games

11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

fuck you. no wonder you support the scammer. ogp scammed you that transfer the one you cry about yet you still suck their dick.

Tengu and MyHero like this.
  12. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

What's with the links..

13. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

You will now.

14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

lol you act like OGP didnt have a lot of boxes

HumoLoco likes this.
  15. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

I don't remember too much from OGPlanet since I was mad young but what I do remember is that they had ambition and boxes wasn't the core of every update.

16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Mystery Box, Mystery Box Silver, Mystery Box Gold, Gold Box (fearless / plat valk), Gold Box 2, Gold Box 2S, Dark Slayer Box, Cyclone Box, Lost Legacy Box

17. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Tengu likes this.
  18. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

To be fair, OGP's boxes compared to now are insanely different.

-Fearless, Telos, Tempest, Inferno, DHN/2GS and Hung'ar were actually INSANELY average. They never surpassed Top Tier scrolls of the Meta but brought a FUN and DIFFERENT experience to the game with very different mechanics. (Fearless was the first god tier counter that could knockback, has many combos and utilities) (Telos was a user featured scroll of something we all found funny and was pretty fun to use) (Inferno has cool effects and dash gimmicks) (DHN is a carat scroll from gemfighter, lacks recovery and stun but is pretty fun to use and flashy) (Hung'ar is pretty slow, stiff and lacks stun, but has cool reverse combos and rolls)

-BF items such as ZinTKD BK, BWN BK just has effects added as well as a passive 5dmg buff

-BF exocores such as Xero Discus and Sheep were simply recolored or shifted to All-Class while being shop caliber items.

-Plat Valk set had very ordinairy stats and was just cool. The first actual rare set good for stats we got was Sejuls, Yet it never left the shop and was fairly cheap in prices. The rates were actually decent and had pretty useful items such as 2x 3x cats, silver british, 100% revives, 2x panics, etc. As for sejul it didnt offer better stats, but was the first gear that could be used on all classes (instead of having to put gems in each guardian suit.)

-Dark slayer isn't OP either. Its combos are lesser to top meta scrolls of the time, its skills are fairly close range, blockable and can be played around.

Pulling didn't make you have an advantage over people who didn't pull besides simplicity or enjoyment.

Pasha likes this.
  19. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Yeah . On OGP ive never seen anyone who would be like "Damn you winning only because of these rare items" But now i see many people are mad about these rares ,op stats and event bms that cant be done by new players cuz no stats and items . They let RF go downhill. As a company holding the game they got the right to not put items in the gsme if they dont feel like they want to (dont tell me its not like that ) they can change prices on items but nah they still stick to putting OP boxes 5$ each . And people still buy it like zombies cuz they want more stats and more op sht . Its cool to win ,but i rather have fun playing vs someone than beating him with stats and OP sht .

20. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

Company correctness aside, I highly doubt you would get into legal trouble with making a game like RF. Have you seen all the hundreds of items in this game that take likeness from other games? From fighting styles to outfit designs.

HumoLoco likes this.