Event: Halloween 2019

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [CM]NineArts, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Rizla

Rizla Member

Biggest mistake you can do when farming event drops is to kill red mobs.
    Best drop rate is from lightblue- orange mobs.
    In superior gcm you can get well over 100 candies in 30mins, on x2 event with only band buff and drop card on a warrior who can 1 hit kill mobs.
    Drop rate is obviously a lot higher in same dungeon if use full drop gear, epi, deco + x3 event.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  2. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

It is not I am farming only on red mobs, as I told you I have different characters levels, mobs can be different colors to my characters. And we are talking about 172 candies not 100. I gave an e.g. at level 144 how many candies you can get at red mobs from mini-rooms in GCM red superior pass.

GCM has two levels, the mini-rooms with mobs and the boss room where you kill first the miniboss and some mobs, than boss respawn with mobs. If you count all mobs and the drop rate of candies, still you can not get 172 candies. But maybe you can ... no idea, that is why I asked !

Drop is increase by ads on, gear, epithet, relics with ads on, card and band. Yes, we all know it.

My question was simple and I asked a direct answer, so was like ... what he was using to get 172 candies, what character used and in what dungeon.

In my opinion is kinda crazy to refine for superior red GCM , 160 mobs (LM character gear between 157-169) plus a set of gear with drop increase. This is also possible, people can do crazy things...

And btw let us come to earth, 1 hit at a mob with warrior... that is for who again ? A player that plays the game and not skip the steps or a farmer who equip a noob character with top gear or ? Even so, let us be fair and post the picture with the gear refine with drop rate for GCM and what we are talking about here...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  3. Rizla

Rizla Member

I do not believe it is crazy to refine low lvl gear if you are looking for max drop capacity on a farmer char.
    I have a hm12 warr, using nonrefined epic gcm set, +12 weapon from an event, gcm epi and lvl2 gcm deco, as an event farmer. I do 1 hit kill green - orange mobs in superior gcm and I was getting a lot over 100 candies per run with only band buff and a drop card on x2,which take around 25mins. Yes I am using relics fromy my main, to kill fast, like everyone who have an alt for event farming purpose.
    I assume BirdbrainX is farming same dungeon with nuker and have all possible drop rate add ons, so that 172 candies per 30min isn't some godly amount to obtain.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  4. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Judging by the time you have your account Oct 10, 2019 I really doubt that... In few days time you have a high level character, top relics, top gear and so on and you know so well and master this game. On top of that you also have the best farmer noob character and you got 172 candies as drop to check the hypothesis.Please let me doubt about this. And btw you list item drop set with refine option. I told you it is crazy to refine with drop rate for low level character, and seems you also don't have it, but you add it on the list to get 172 candies. For the fair of discussion remove it from the list.

Talking with the people that join recently the game as you did, they really are glad if they get like 15 candies in 30 minutes. In reality, players that join the game in few days do not get the the top gear and master the game . Even for old players that are coming back from Acclaim time is hard to do it, cause so many changes to game. I know this because I speak with them in game, some are even my disciples. I can give some characters names of people that join recently and have new characters or old players coming back in game to check how they are doing with the candies.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Farming event drops really isn't that hard if you know how to optimise your approach for efficient farming sessions. I have even gave tips to players fairly new to farming in this thread alone.

Below is what I have gotten so far, and I haven't even been trying that hard to be honest. As you can see I currently have a little over 13 stacks of Ghost Candy, of which, I have traded maybe 3-4 stacks away for Lollipops - making my rough total of Ghost Candy farmed to be about 17-18 stacks split between last weekend and this weekend. The time I've spent during weekend events is also split between grinding in SRS and general farming, so I have not really put all my heart and soul into purely farming them. All that you see below are manually farmed in person without the use of 3rd party bots.

I'm fairly confident that there are other players who have had better yields at their farming attempts than me, and simply have not shared or see no reason to share their results.

[​IMG]

I get a fairly good yield of BEs on a daily basis, and even have about 40-50 stacks of BEs in reserve on an alt. So it isn't that far fetched to spend my BE savings on something a "fun projects" like refining drop clothes. :)

BobThePriest likes this.
  6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I was talking with Rizla about joining anew and mastering the game.
    This is not the point of this. I ask you simply this : please tell us your gear, ads on level, role and dungeon where you farm 172 candies in 30 min. I ask you very simple, please do not avoid the subject. You stated you got 172 candies, I do not want to see the bags, we all can farm and put for that quantity of lollipops and candies in 2 events.

You stated you got 172 candies, I do not want to see the bags, we all can farm and put for that quantity of lollipops and candies. If you would farm 172 per 30 minutes as a farmer you already have 5 bags full of them no ?

The bags show no point.

7. BirdbrainX

And I have already informed you twice previously that I am not willing to divulge those details, and have asked you to respect my wishes.

As I have stated in my previous post, I have not spent all my time farming the event drops.

8. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I ask you simply this one more time : please tell us your gear, ads on level, role and dungeon where you farm 172 candies in 30 min.

The bags show no points. I could get all the candies and lollies from the band and put together, got 5 bags of them and show on forum. No point to do that. Here we all learn from others to get better at game. When you master the game you have to pass on the knowledge, this is the point of debating and making guides, passing on what you know and help others. Refusing and adding secrets builds/gear/items and so on do not help others at all. All is in the game. Players wants to know how you did that, how to go from X point to Y point, how to be better at time management versus items, event and so on.

Please let me remain with my doubts on this subject and this will not change.

This is my last post on this subject.

naycho likes this.
  9. BirdbrainX

Sigh... No.

I hope you aren't accusing me of lying or embellishing the results I have given previously. o_O

I regularly offer advise to help players tweak and improve their gameplay.

And my exact methods at farming isn't horded. I offer insights to my methods to a select few of my band mates, some of my old league mates, and disciples who have graduated, who in turn will improve on it, and pass on their improved knowledge onto others too.

Fair enough. :)

10. Rizla

Rizla Member

10.10.2019 isn't actually my join date, it's the date when I post on the forum first time. This ALT account is made in the beginning of august. My main account is from around the time RF open game.

I have a cap level character with good gear, not top, GOOD. Yes I do use same relics on my alts, because I can.
    I have not mastered the game, not even close. But I do know where to farm event drops without struggling with low rates.
    Your statement about red mobs having a better drop rate shows that you do not know how to efficiently farm for event mats in dungeons. Go test and you see a drastic change on drop rate between red and orange mobs.

I never said I got 172 candies in 30mins, BirdbrainX did, I said I got a lot over 100 on x2 event with only band buff and drop card.
    If you want to farm with maximised capacity to get the event drops, you do refine all cloth to have drop rate. You don't need to refine noob clothes, there is now set called ancient moonlight which doesn't have a level/2nd role requirement. Have set of relics with full drop rate opt, hermit buff, epi and deco. Know in what dungeon and what color mobs to kill for the good amount of drops.
    I don't need this kind of gear to farm events, I'm OK with my 100+ drops in 30min.

Hope you have a nice event with lots of drops :)

BirdbrainX likes this.
  11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

O_O
    Do that... do that... to gain that... do that. And again do X...
    Hmm, yes, but already did it, long before you even join this game...
    I have this since ancient time, but I did not refine noob clothes as I already told you... :
    All is easy to say, but hard to do it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And tons of this...
    [​IMG]
    Forgot,if you are a disciple and low level, this is what you got from your master vs master gift :
    [​IMG]
    I show you my clothes now show me yours and your full relic set with full item drop option on each relic, seems easy peanuts for you (what is that again... full item drop top relics, how much that will cost ? how much cost 255 meds to arrange the stats ? How many meds you need for all? How much cost top relics with no stats? Bilions and bilions, maybe over 500 with relics too .... back to earth again please... ) :) And post from your main account, see who I have the pleasure to debate with.

Btw I have nothing to hide, all is in game,remember...

12. Rizla

Rizla Member

Dear Miss, Is there something wrong with understanding what you read?
    Didn't I say I do not have drop rate refined clothes, I do not have relics filled with drop rate, I don't use deco with drop rate?
    I do not have any of that, because I don't need it. I am happy with the amount of drops I get in a dungeon I mentioned with a char i mentioned also, did I not say it to you clear enough?
    Take a HM level character, go farm green superior gcm and get lots candies or You can keep struggling with bad drop rate by killing red mobs with low level character. You can keep struggling with bad drop rate by farming with HI character in a high level dungeon and stay stuck up with your disbelieves, if you wish to do so.
    Again, hope you have a nice event with lots of drops :)

13. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Next time please do not give me or others more advice using X, Y, Z and back up something you do not have :) Do that... take that... do not works like that for some players that knows this game.
    Also please no more about level character vs mobs levels. For this you need to understand how mobs with different skills in maps and dungeons in 9D works and how is that related to the character level and your ads on. Also, regarding this issue, if you know a lot, how you pretend I challenge you to make the next mobs/bosses/maps guide of 9Dragons and the character levels vs them. Your vast knowledge on this will be a great help for all the 9D community. We can have the debate there.

I am having a nice event, hope you too !

14. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Personaly I belive @BirdbrainX.

There are 2 factors - mobs and time.
    Mobs:
    Just did black gcm with lm12 cb warr = 124 candies. Main room and all side rooms clean + some mobs from corridor. Still not 172, but I know I can prepare my alt better, f.e add 200% drop more (level 4 guardian with +150% drop buff, +10% band, and some specially selected items and cloths).
    Time:
    This run took me 50 min. But I was solo, so 10 minis + 1 form of boss takes time away. What if I make a party at 2 PC with high level to kill minis? Warrior`s AoE sux, but it takes 32% at C5 from green mobs. What if I make a party with high level healer (for minis) + nuker with 3xAoE and some recast decrease stuff (for mobs), then swich chars?
    Also when boss appears there comes first mobs wave, then after first form is down, there comes a second wave. So if is possible to have a room filled with mobs and I think it is possible to stand on with all defence nuker can gain this days.

Also BirdbrainX said nothing about:
    - level 4 guardian
    - party
    - switching chars inside
    - 30 min was a fulf run or part of run after 1 form of boss

Even if it was 160 candies not 172 - never mind. For me it was an opportunity to think, where can i improve myself.

P.S
    I hope next event won`t be at +170 mobs. GM read forum too :D

BirdbrainX and BobThePriest like this.
  15. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Yes, lots of questions to be answer and lots of hypothesis to be tested.
    What if ... not 50 but 30 and how.That is why I ask him to said how he did it and what level/character/dungeon. He said he was solo and was his rates. We did also black and red GCM with healer and so on, but the rate was not 172 candies. Yes, timing and quantities of mobs inside plus drop rate is important. Yet, we did not get 172 candies.

Kill the boss not kill the boss vs time, another hypothesis.

Nuker also at some point have limited skills, you can not raise the cheng of kung fu more than X, till you reach level Y. So in this context you also have to analyse the skills.

We already presume is GCM or CoC because of the quantity of mobs inside and some characters skills like nuker aoe vs time and easy kill. We try both since we have healers, nukes, hybrids and warriors. Forgot to say that Drak drag me in SCM too to count the mobs vs drops and was not the one.

Also this was an extra add on :
    [​IMG]

The analysis comes down to this :
    - What kind of character , with what skills and equipment (including everything... who refines clothes with item drop for noob characters and relics with item drop options all... critics is first option these days), can make a dungeon that has a quantity of mobs to get the rate drop of 172 candies in 30 minutes ?

In my opinion takes long to farm 172 candies than 30 minutes in any hypothesis you put it, I mean solo. And if we respect the game play no character that has no back-up can go so far as we did it, equipping noob with top items.

When we gave numbers and statistic to players that read the forum, let us try be realistic and report it to the game reality. If a player that has no back-up from a top character, can come and read this will be ~...~ is going on ? Really ? I could not get 30 per run ...

Revered thanks for you time and effort you put in this and your conclusion on this matter and tests.

16. hearty

hearty Member

great event. Your drops are useful. very well thought out. I liked very much.

GM NineArts.jpg

I also really liked the positioning of the 9Dragons team, bringing a fairer event, which was certainly something long awaited and important for all players. Still my thanks to GM: NineArts. who attended Hefei, talked to several players, clarified player questions and concerns. That's why I send a picture of this moment that reflects and reinforces the respect that the entire 9Dragons team has for all players. Congratulations to the entire RedFox / 9Dragons team for their creativity and respect.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  17. BirdbrainX

Thank you Revered. :)

I did another run a few hours ago to verify my earlier results, and I do get between 145 to 160+ Ghost Candy drops on average during a 30min solo run. Do note that the figure of 172 Ghost Candy drops is simply my personal best during the x3 weekend event, and isn't indicative of the yield I get on every run if you factor in RNG and having a stable server connection.

My run was done solo with a single character with a level 1 pet to assist in picking up drops, max band drop, drop gear, drop card, and the x3 event drop bonus.

Revered likes this.
  18. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Welcome back to 9Dragons land, were ”mortals” dragons likes us do not get that result.

So please, next time, when you post a statistic in forum report like this :
    - For me, using this .... and this... (post the pictures with what you used, cause is game content and everyone should be guided to access it and have it) and used my main for back-up to provide everything for my noob character, including some billions cost items I got this result...here...in X time.

- For a normal player that focus in game play with no back-up and only with this.... and this... (meaning what the game could really provide at that point in time for him and his level) that has not billions and thinks how to make money to raise his status and stuffs more, I could get this result.....here...in X time.

This would be fair for everyone.

naycho likes this.
  19. BirdbrainX

You should refrain from making repeated requests and insinuations about my integrity simply because my input does not satisfy your standards.

I will post results in a manner that I am comfortable with.

Rizla likes this.
  20. Rizla

Rizla Member

Test A
    BOT warrior lvl156
    Lvl3 pet for more convenient drop picking on the spot where mobs are packed
    Skills used: active+aoe
    FULL clearance of superior green gcm
    Mobs green-orange
    Time used: 25min solo
    Drop rate bonus total 420%
    ( x3 event, full band buff,drop card, hermit buff)
    Average drop of candies 120

Test B
    Same character, same dungeon, same time used for full clearance, solo
    Drop rate bonus total 480%
    ( x3 event, full band buff, drop card, hermit buff, deco, inner pants lvl2)
    Average drop of candies 155

Test C
    Same character, solo
    Red superior gcm full clearance
    Mobs orange- red
    Time used: 29min
    Drop rate bonus total same as in test B
    Average drop of candies 90 ( someone here said red mobs have better drop rate, seems quite a lot lower to me)

Did I use " back up" relics from main character, yes.
    Will I post pics of the relics and clothes I used, no, because pics of used gear would not change my test results.

BirdbrainX and BobThePriest like this.