60- Balance is possible, and it's finally here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crescendo, Oct 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

After a lot of work, it's finally here.
    upload_2019-10-23_9-9-51.png

2. MoegiKazamatsuri

MoegiKazamatsuri New Member

Thank You for your S**t!

Windstorm, WhoYu and Crescendo like this.
  3. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Tbh I understand the whole goal of making impressive 40-50 and now 60 stat sets, But seriously, JMP and SPD is a stat that will never be optimal in abuse. The whole idea of it should be to find a spot you can mimic on most sets with any stat goal you are looking for (Example one statless/1v1 set, one guild war set, one moon set, All with the same spd and jmp).

Constantly altering with SPD+JMP will hurt your skill leveling, learning curve, etc.

HumoLoco and Scrpz like this.
  4. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I can see where you're coming from about the learning curve, but I have to strongly disagree with you about SPD and JMP not being optimal. It's saved me more times than I can count. Mind you, I'm not a 1v1er like you. Cove is my home. Escape options are real af with this set. And being able to jump over someone trying to cheese you with a jump kick on the island is op. Being able to jump straight to the top ledge of the bridge is op. Drifting at someone's sprint speed? op. R climbing or just double jumping after a missed skill takes you off the edge and saving yourself comes in handy.

Then there's my next point
    You know how you're constantly learning new things, and testing your knowledge? Building this set was my equivalent of that, but for set building as opposed to 1v1ing. This took a LOOOOT of time. It was so incredibly difficult I nearly gave up. But, alas, I've done it. And with a lot of room to improve still, might I add. Don't knock it til you've tried it though, Branz. This set takes you to a whole new level in game.

5. TheFuzionBranz

With very high speed/jmp, You can easily disengage, Run away, Avoid certain situations, Open up escape options (long jumps, higher objects to land on), So yes that is a plus.

But is it NECESSARY to win? No. In the end if nobody is chasing you, You will have to go back to them, which will most likely be the result against someone who knows they won't have the upper hand on catching you. SPD and JMP will unfortionally make your jumps, runs, slide cancle all last way longer which will not allow you to correct your path until that animation is done. You're jump hits, ram or slide will also be at the same speed. You're scrolls will engage at the same speed as well.

As much as you like to think you're drinfting faster than someone, RF's mechanics make it so the first person to launch a hit has priority unless we go into stun-frame data. Someone who is blocking can only be grabbed. Someone who is walking is extremely vunerable to magnet grabs and anything else really. Playing with SPD will hinder your accuracy by alot. Using your speed, leaves you open as well. In reality, the only advantage you will have while drifting is when someone is launching a hit that you would barely have time to move out of, Which we are talking about is milliseconds and would require insane predictability. That or some very slow mechanic such as a Cz "1hit" or something.

JMP will cause you to have more uptime rending it more dangerous. The more time you're in the air, the more your vulnerable. The higher you jump, The less you can utilize platforms such as cactuses and such as a weapon. (A single jump with 22ish jump that is exactly at the platforms height will be the fastest possible land time, which means you cant be any faster than that a utilizing a cactus in moonlight.).

As for R-Climbing, I would prefer to use the stat I am most confortable with along with wings. In no way you have an advantage in combat with high jump. As you said "Jumping over players who camp island", Those players tend to be very unskilled or better put, its a low skill tactic. Anytime someone jumps, As long as you can connect a hit, regardless of absorbing a air-hit, you can start a juggle off of it. The same logic applies, the longer you're in the air, the easier it is to read where you land and punish.

Many people like branding me as "A 1v1er" because I enjoy promoting fights, guild or the fact that I am a top ranked 1v1er, But I've never limited myself to blacktop to actually make myself a better nor is it my experience accumulated on that map. I have played more Moonlight, Team&GW Cove/Risky/Dos and Demolition (and taurus temple when it was alive) compared to blacktop. If you try to learn "1v1" by "1v1ing" you won't be good at all. 1v1 will just be the outcome of sheer skill and knowledge compared between 2 players. That knowledge is gained by playing the game on any aspect.

We brand people as "1v1ers mooner gwers" and whatnot in 2019 because the games very small and dieing. You login and you see like 1-2-3 of each room on 1 page and have your hoice. For a very long time, 1v1 was a yearly tournament that gathered Moonlight players, Cove players, Casual map players, etc, To fight and see who the best reallly is. If you find any kind of "top 10 or top 20 list" from the past, Literatly none of the players would be people who you would call "1v1ers". They would be people who constantly play anything and be competitive. Thats the very same reason now that we can't even make a "top 10" list in 2019. The game is so dead and the skill level overall is low.

Heres a good example of 4 top ranked 1v1ers, Against "big name guild war players" who werent good enough to cut a top 1v1er list at that time (They requested it, they picked rules and lost to us in same year royal rumble)

As for knowing stats, I've always used stats and are very aware of them. I've had all +5 gems in the OGP era before +6-10 was even possible. I've had +10 gems when they became possible. I infact always used stats back in OGP and I even used them in 1v1s to talk trash in competitive moments. I've had all the possiblities of creating any stat set from then until now and know my preferences as to whats "optimal" or not. I've had access to peoples accounts with literatly every item and +10 gem on it. I've also been a GM of Taiwan servers allowing me to play with GM stats. To build up to 250-300 STR/ARM, 10K HP, 200 JMP/SPD, etc.

My second acc, This one had abit less I think

Yeah big reply with alot of stuff, But just my 2 cents and experience in almost every possible situation RF has to offer

6. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

The problem with your logic is that it's based on preference. Every player has a different style and goes for different OS and punishes. Where you see a chance to isolate someone, I might see a chance to run and help a team mate, or vice versa. Inevitably increased/base stats lead to different situations, both optimal in their own right. RF is too dynamic to say only 1 set stat range is optimal for everyone.

7. TheFuzionBranz

I'm not saying "balanced" is wrong. I'm saying that SPD and JMP is a stat that isn't optimal in abuse/higher forms. It opens access to certain map access points and routes. If you really think it allows you to run and help a teammate or vice-versa, sure I guess. You're going to be saving short seconds on such a tactic and any SPD level is enough to escape a combo or join another one. The most important really to know when and where your teammates needs help is HP Bars, Omni sensor and judgement.

Everyone can rock whatever stats, whatever style, etc. I'm just saying the obvious that SPD and JMP isn't something thats good on the higher numbers. A 40-balance set like typical guild war sets is pretty solid. Most tend to not bring the jump to 40 even. A 50-Balance set is pretty high on spd and abusive on jump. 60 is just nowhere near optimal for play, But hard to build.

SPD is fun, R-Climbing is fun. Just running around and whatnot can be fun too. Theres just nothing optimal to it and it will really hinder your skill level at higher levels. Theres no way someone with very high speed will drift better than the equivalent skill level of a more reasonable speed stat. Jump is just flat out dangerous to use in any fight situation. You're looking to spend the less air-time possible.

Patience > Mashing

In almost any PvP fighting type of situation, Skill is a factor of how the fight rolls out. Anything that seems 1 sided is that the skill level is very different or someone had done their homework. Most very skilled PvP fights are typically boring, slow and go either way(Depends on the game, blocking functions and what not).

Specially in RF, blocking and changing guard angles is more optimal than opening up and moving.

8. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

you didn't have to do this.
    what does ur payment history say

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Oh, it's worth more than my spare car lmao. 2011 Lincoln Town Car. I won't say an amount, but like, KBB can give you an idea.

Draygashi likes this.
  10. TheFuzionBranz

Those cars are based on an extremely old platform while not having anything extra-ordinairy about them except for a "prestige" of being called a lincoln.

They don't tend to hold value and as a Ford, maintenance can go oh so well for some as it can be hell for others. Many fords go in and out for repairs and some are lucky. You can pick up a town car for 1000$, 5000$ or you can pick one up at 15000$ and either can be justified

11. MJBxRawr

MJBxRawr New Member

Nice set!

Crescendo likes this.
  12. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Well... Mine's a lightly driven, well-maintained, final-year example I turned into an bass machine. You can't buy the subs+amps in the car for less than 3000 lmfao.

But that's not the point I was trying to make; Issa lot. Especially for microtransactions lol

13. WiessLove

WiessLove New Member

Could you make it 65 or 70?

Crescendo likes this.
  14. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

I think 65 would be the absolute max, if it's even possible at all. I'm still missing the Hellcat neck accessory... if I can get that, I'll find out. If it is possible, it would be with the Halloween hellcat set or not at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.