Contest: Halloween Carving 2019 (Winners Announced)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

102119_main_banner03.png

Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it's pumpkin carving season in the States! Unleash your carving tools and other creative cutlery to carve up a Halloween-themed jack-o-lantern.

Submission Date: October 21, 2019 - November 4, 2019
    Winners Announcement: November 8, 2019

How to Enter
    1. Carve your choice of pumpkin, squash, fruits, or melon.
    2. Snap a photo with a hand-written postcard displaying your character name and www.playredfox.com/nine_dragons.
    3. Then click the UPLOAD A FILE button below to submit your entry.
    Submission Tips:
    • Try to take the best picture possible, as picture quality helps make a good impression on the judges.
    • Get the lighting right. Some jack-o-lanterns will look best lit up at night. Others call for a dramatically cloudy daytime sky or even full sunshine. Experiment to see what looks best for you.
    • Pay close attention to the background of your carving.
    • You can have a look at past winners here.

Prizes
    • 1st (1 Winner) - 7,500 RedFox Credits
    • 2nd (3 Winners) - 5,000 RedFox Credits
    • 3rd (6 Winners) - 2,500 RedFox Credits

Rules & Restrictions
    • Participants must submit their entry by replying to this official Contest thread.
    • Participants can enter as many different pumpkins as you'd like per account.
    • Prizes will be granted to the posting account and non-transferable to a different account.
    • Entries cannot contain any material that violates the Forum Code of Conduct or Terms of Service.
    • Winners will be determined by the subjective judgment of the 9Dragons team.
    • Keep the thread clean; off-topic will be deleted.

Don't delay, start carving right away! The carving contest ends November 4, so be sure to get straight to slicing.

===========
    Update 11/08:

Let's give a round of applause to the winners of this year's Halloween Carving Contest!

• Shen91 (1st Prize)
    • Moonle (2nd Prize)
    • Bankz (2nd Prize)
    • Kimmie (2nd Prize)
    • m3sa (3rd Prize)
    • HuoZhaiShe (3rd Prize)
    • QuiteRaina (3rd Prize)
    • Shungi (3rd Prize)
    • phongcoc2001 (3rd Prize)
    • SixSparks (3rd Prize)
    Prizes will be distributed by end of day.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2019
    kimmie, BabeNoob, naycho and 3 others like this.
  2. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Captainpack likes this.
  3. FeiiBardo

FeiiBardo Member

In case I enter

4. Mokaw

Mokaw New Member

well, i would recommend if there are other choices. like players do it with photoshop or other Data view program not in real life. cuz we dont celebrate dat in our country and i know some players in game who dont do that neither. plus we dont and we cant get the tools even if we want to. dats another problem. the last problem is that im in military and i rarely open and things gone very wild since labor event, and we all wanna have fun in game like together, not a specific group of ppl and other ppl go smell their "axe" for good if u know what i mean.
    so my msg to u GM is : " please consider all players in ur contests and events not just some certain groups, cuz thats called over-stepping and dats no good in business knowing dat a player got more than 10-20 k CC cant enter the contest because his condition and place cant help it. I hope i made myself clear. We all wanna have fun, u wanted to make the new relicks and all the P2W stuff do it ur the GM and u know ur game system, but turning contests like dat, i mean not all in the game are even celebrating this event in real life anyway. Thank you GM.
    Please Try to Fix this issue by any means <3.

5. Mokaw

Mokaw New Member

the least thing that would happen to a soldier while carving a fruit or any shape lets say cucumber for example, any Major that sees him do dat would be ready to shuv it up his ..... u can deduce it ^^

6. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

Geez you're really upset because a photo contest during Halloween is to take a pic of something you carved. That is a huge tradition for people here. It makes all the sense in the world. What would you have the contest be?

7. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

So I guess I'll be the first to post :)

Hope I did this right ha.

Sever: Yin
    Character name: Musubi

Handcrafted with live action effects :D
    image0.jpg
    My pumpkin with added spooky fog effect! :D (no digital effects (I'll tell anyone that wants to know what I did for fog & reflection after event o_O))
    image1.jpg
    Happy Halloween! :p
    *Updated Post Card*
    New 2.jpg New.jpg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  8. hoangtungxxxt

hoangtungxxxt New Member

Screenshot_20191028-113754_Gallery[1].jpg Sever: Tao
    Char: BlackFairy
    100% handmade :))

[GM]Ahri likes this.
  9. [GM]Ahri

Don't forget to include a hand-written postcard displaying your character name and www.playredfox.com/nine_dragons.

jerometazer and Bankz like this.
  10. [GM]Ahri

Unfortunately, no. :(

jerometazer likes this.
  11. Revered

I think the rules are clear to all. It`s a contest, no need to give a hand and force somebody to change his post if it was badly described.

12. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Clearly I miss read the post and thought they wanted us to have the game site in the background of our pics to make sure we were taking real pictures.

I will be uploading another pic of my pumpkin with my post card and the web address :)

Wish more people were entering the contest :(

13. HuoZhaiShe

HuoZhaiShe Active Member

LoL
    Dude!... why u act like a fool?
    GM is doing the right thing at guiding on the correct way of posting, Bankz did a great job on his/her carving and I would hate to see a carving with lesser quality would win just cause of a small detail like that.. Ahri is doing the right thing

Is it that u dont think u can make it better? u trying to eliminate competence? come on.. u made a post without a carving or the structure the contest requires.. so u would be desquilified by ur own criteria by later editing ur post..

Play nice and go carve ur best... ;)

Bankz likes this.
  14. Revered

First of all it is not me who is acting like a fool, but GM taking away Bankz `s chance to check his own picture again. His own chance and way – not with GM`s help. There still was a time for her/him to improve the picture.
    GM had never pointed out errors in contests before. Doing so now suggests special treatment, what I`m pretty sure Bankz don`t want.
    Bankz did a great job on his/her carving – agreed, I like it too. But tere is something like fair play, I hope even in 9D world. All should have equal chances, and GM should limit itself to assessing the work when time is over. My last word: Would she/he have a chance to win without GM`s help? No.

Regarding my post – read the rules, there is nothing about editing own post in the future. So I`m free to do it on condition that I do it before the deadline.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  15. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

Ok
    1. The GMs have no reason to give me special treatment.
    2. If you look at past events, GMs have told players to tweak their posts (look at the old "guardian and me" event post if you want proof)...
    3. It can be seen by all contestants so they don’t make the same mistake I did which is helping them.

I will say I was confused simple because the website was a link that made me think they wanted us to post the main site in our pictures.

Now I’m just gonna wait and see all the wonderful pumpkin/melon pictures that people post :)

16. HuoZhaiShe

HuoZhaiShe Active Member

So.. u saying it would be "fair" to get him disqualified out of a technicality?

so much for Fairplay...

Man, u trying to make an argument from a player trying to participate in a contest on a fair and clean way, then GM comes and do his/her job (nicely i must add) arguin that Ahri is helping Bankz... Dude, thats on the job description!

Jelousy is a bad bad thing...even worse than foolishness

Shen91 likes this.
  17. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

Lights on to see card on top of the apple.
    Then lights off.

Attached Files:

jerometazer and [GM]Ahri like this.
  18. m3sa

m3sa New Member

Happy Hallowen
    Koz server: Yin

Attached Files:

[GM]Ahri likes this.
  19. HuoZhaiShe

HuoZhaiShe Active Member

Server: Yin