Was Rumble Fighter ever really good?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malcolm, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcolm

Malcolm Active Member

2. dodobird123

dodobird123 Well-Known Member

yes in ogplanet you could press the NEXT > symbol about 25 times and find rooms. Amateur channel was alive create alts and just destroy noobs constantly. Decent Events good GM's that were on constantly. scrolls that couldnt RUN Z or jsut KP and kill someone it took skill back then. now $ = skill

Scrpz, Packet, SkitRf and 2 others like this.
  3. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Yes. It was very good specially for its time in 07, its graphics were ahead of its time its competition looked like trash besides console games. The gameplay is competitive, easy to learn, hard to master its scoring system feels rewarding and fighting styles for everyone. Great customization and very ahead of its time in many ways.

Where they went wrong is 2 years ago when they decided to only add boxes and scrolls and poor map choices that don't reflect the maps people like such as ledge maps in different formations possible breakable floors, new ways to edge, new map obstacles, new demo maps that is the 2nd most place map, their reliance on quick sell pay to win scrolls that kill is extremely dumb dash ways or invincible frame scrolls that are basically exocores with aoe that has made many people quit. They even made a sage buff black sage and gave it out a good amount when everyone was already on here complaining about sage. They gave angel wings by the thousands to everyone even after I kept asking them to get rid of them as prizes now many people hide their virtually infinite wings. Still no trade system even one you can pay into so the company and people win. The most requested feature in rf history. The 4th most requested feature never added level flags, and level gems just as nice touch. My idea of a option to join games already started and being able to play next round and a auto connection option to any available room, or just be in the game when the game is ending which would get rid of the sit in lobby aspect of this game. Its too late for this game stuff im saying could of salvaged it 2 years ago doing it now will be a band aid but on a gushing wound.

I'll give the gms credit for the tourneys and their events but they are not conveying enough feed back to the devs, or doing enough to convince them of good stuff to add. The dev should come use these forums once inawhile instead of shooting from the hip.

4. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I played a bit of OGPlanet & GamesCampus (inevitably before they both shut down) and things were a bit more simplified through both third-party gaming sites. NimoniX and/or RedFox made things more complicated to keep the influx of money by adding scrolls, game modes, items, etc. It's interesting that they only survey one reason before implementing new items (to cut corners) and not try to analyze what players really want out of the game. This is mainly supported by the fact that most of the players still playing the game are veterans and despite most of the ranting of the forums they won't leave for a few reasons.

1. They spent a crap ton of money on the game and don't want it to go to waste.
    2. Rumble Fighter is probably the only MMORPG they've taken seriously. MMORPGs are highly addictive because of the high player bases and item-implementations almost weekly. MMORPGs survive because of a base of players that are loyal (Tier 3), players who enjoy the game and/or addicted (Tier 2), and players who want to try the game (Tier 1). So even if players leave daily, weekly, whatever -- they still have loyal customers who will supplement addicted players into always playing, regardless of if the game needs improvement or not.
    3. Item-hoarders and compulsive gamblers/buyers -- which are causing the game the most trouble. If they imbeciles keep buying the game's products, NimoniX's idiotic intern marketing bimbos won't notice an de-flux of sales. If this keeps up by the time they notice something wrong with their revenue, the only players left to influence would be loyal players -- and who wants to play with a bunch of men in their 20s?
    So yeah, essentially a lot of people lose in the situation of Rumble Fighter losing a player-base. The company, third-party websites like RedFox, the community, and the people up above. But yes, at one time it probably wasn't as bad as this.

Mesmeric likes this.
  5. ToulueVang

ToulueVang Clean Up Crew

OGP was the best. GameCampus was good too, some might even say it's better than OGP. RedFox….the worst.
    Boxes are given like candies. Rare aren't even rare anymore. Of course, Nimonix is the big evil overlord. They don't even care about the game anymore since it came to RedFox.

Danqwz likes this.
  6. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

Ummm...You mean the vast majority of players in almost every competitive game genre.

xSpanda and Yeezus like this.
  7. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

idk about that one chief

8. SliferDragon

SliferDragon New Member

For whatever reason OGP still couldn’t give us full account transfers like GC did. But GC had the worst staff ever RM Trixie was racist asf and one of their GMs banned an entire 1v1 room cause 4 players dtd him then /dance1’d his body

9. Comoros

when ogp started getting their games it was in the contract that they retain all the data or something like that if the game goes under

that's why A18, RF, LS, LT, and cabal never got account transfers

10. SliferDragon

SliferDragon New Member

I forgot LS didn’t get a transfer even tho they promised one

11. shady45

shady45 Active Member

Basically the whole time it was run by OGP. We never knew what we had until it was gone...

12. shady45

shady45 Active Member

OGP never released BF boxes and Christmas boxes in June

13. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

Brah does amateur channel even work? This game has little to no new players.

14. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

splash.jpg
    If I had the names of those stop crappy pixelated trash heeps that were out at the time I would make you look like a retard lol

o heres 1

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    xSpanda and HumoLoco like this.
  15. Comoros

comparing it to getamped which had an artistic direction of being like super chibi
    good one

Logic likes this.
  16. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

All the pc fighting games looked like that or worse for pc show me one that wasnt that was in 07

17. Alcyoneus

Alcyoneus Clean Up Crew

It was, but now the game is getting outdated with its graphics and frequent release of new items.

18. IcePluto

IcePluto New Member

Back then super good! I missed my old friends and memories! Now the major changes in this game is no room!

19. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

OGP RF was the pinnacle of the game, but too much drama LMAO

20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Oh look another thread for people to break their arms jerking off OGP like an abused wife who doesnt know shes in a toxic relationship.
    "Never knew what we had till it was gone" you mean like my whole inventory? OGP never released BF boxes in June because OGP never did ANYTHING. They did like 1-2 events per month AT MAX and a lot of them were trash like the get 500 kills for Black Snowman or the impossible report card events because it dropped you out of A Grade for getting deaths so basically you had to stop playing the game till it ended.

OGP couldnt give us full account transfers because they intentionally frauded all our account data by giving everyone $500 in astros BEFORE confirming account transfer data. This was intentional and done 2-3 months after a $150 spender event, the largest theyd done to that date.

Stop jerking off OGP like it was the golden age of RF when it was impossible to earn carats and you could get banned for almost nothing with minimal chance of it getting fixed. I had a guildie get banned for "speed hacking" because he was playing with his PS3 controller and only got unbanned after he recorded himself playing with it. I got banned for almost two weeks for participating in a spenders where Paypal put my expenditure briefly on hold and the GMs couldnt even read the screen shot THEY SENT ME where it said the held payment was already resolved for FIVE DAYS. They were really gonna leave me banned and made NO effort to resolve the issue nor refund my spender despite me constantly blowing them up with tickets seeking information they were too inept to give me. Dont even get me started on how thin-skinned LaBeba was or how big of a twat CA Legend was.

Good riddance.

EDIT: Oh and to those people complaining about graphics RF launches on Lowest Settings and theres been a guide to easily adjusting your graphics since OGP.
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/how-to-get-nsfw-graphics-if-you-are-nvidia.1634/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.