new player, how to get a pet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abuzittin3, Aug 1, 2019.

1. abuzittin3

abuzittin3 New Member

I've just started the game and saw some topics about pets. Apparently there was an event last month but now no more. So, how do I get a pet now?

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

The two immediate options are to either buy them from item mall, or buy them from players.

There's a third possible but less likely option of waiting for a future event that allows you to get one without resorting to the first two options I've mentioned.

3. abuzittin3

abuzittin3 New Member

well, I wanted to have a pet that collects drops. So, the options are either pay or wait till at least 2/3 of the total levels to have the extra cash to buy it. I will probably be the new and now ex player of the game.

Thanks for the reply BirdbrainX. Much appreciated.

4. miss9dragons

miss9dragons New Member

The best one is buying from others player at hefei xD , no longer available at Item Mall (aka) Marketplace.

5. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

You can get a wandering soul pretty cheap. Even pet rank 1 is cheap

BirdbrainX likes this.
  6. BirdbrainX

Wow, I totally forgot about the wandering soul.

Pretty sure wandering souls sells fairly cheap from other players. It's considered a Lv 0 pet, and has all the auto loot functionality. To be honest, if new players wants a simple pet to auto loot, a wandering soul is the cheapest option.

The only thing you "lose out" is the search feature, which in my opinion is fairly useless unless you have a higher level pet and a fair amount of gold to keep replenishing it's energy to send them on dungeon search missions.

Simply using a low level pet for auto looting does consume it's energy which you will have to replenish, but a fully charged pet can assist you in auto looting for a couple of hours before you have to recharge it.

Captainpack likes this.
  7. abuzittin3

abuzittin3 New Member

well, I see a wandering soul in auction for 190m vs my 60k gold. Cheap is a pretty relative term. So, how long do I have to grind to pay for something someone else got for free?

8. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

And about 10x Soul Stone, which is a must to call Guardian from wandering soul, also. So it is not so cheap to have L 1.

Captainpack likes this.
  9. BirdbrainX

True, but if the player only wants a simple pet with auto loot functionality, they can make do with just a wandering soul Lv 0 pet, and that isn't overly expensive.

Captainpack likes this.
  10. BirdbrainX

That's odd. On Yin server, I've seen it go for about 100m, and I figure prices on Tao might be cheaper. Perhaps I was mistaken.

In any case, the wandering soul had to be collected by logging a cumulative 100hrs or 150hrs during the event month. It is unfortunate that you missed the event, but that can be said for any past event rewards that other players and myself have missed.

While it is true that prices cheap or expensive is a relative term, you might find it even more discouraging if you were to look at other basic gear you might have to purchase. Not to mention the prices you have to pay for recharging pots so you can keep your pet/wandering soul summoned.

Captainpack likes this.
  11. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

I've seen players selling under 90 mil. They spent time online during the event to get it. Sure lucky them unlucky you. If your still playing down the road you'll get something "free" that someone else will have to pay for. That's the way it goes. Pets didn't come till I was IS3 boohoo me

Captainpack likes this.
  12. thebossmant

thebossmant New Member

I saw them at 55kk on Tao last 4 days of event. Probably could find one still for 60-75kk...

Captainpack likes this.