Finding a permanent home.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lokir, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Lokir

Lokir New Member

I've been a fan and on/off player for 9Dragons since acclaim. We've been through so many publishers but the fact that this game still lives today is a testament to the die-hard community. I want to see 9Dragons succeed because I know its a great game that I want others to enjoy as well. As we start playing in a new server with a new publisher I think it's a good chance to prevent mistakes other publishers made.
    1. Get 9Dragons on STEAM! ( GC pursued this very late and couldn't go through with it before it's demise, and Suba never went through with it even though it was greenlit.)
    2. Prevent the player economy from being dominated by those who buy things on the item mall. Some people would drop thousands of dollars on the item mall and although its great to support developers, it can be a barrier for new players to enter and start from scratch. A possible solution would be to limit the item mall for utility items. (Premium, XP/Drop cards, Cosmetics, etc) Things that aren't necessary for success but rather speed up the process. I hate using this term since almost everything in the game can be acquired through the player market but 9Dragons could be considered P2W.
    3. High EXP Rate. I know that many of the players here would favor a return to the exp rate of acclaim, however that is just not feasible. New players that eventually realized how long of a grind it is to the top would always just quit. Reaching HG with normal exp rate would take years without thousands of exp cards.
    4. KEEP the weekend events. I don't know why some people hate it but people with other obligations (job/school) can't keep up with others during weekdays because this is such a time-consuming grind heavy game. We make up a part of the player-base if not a majority of it. This is not to say that weekday events shouldn't be a thing either. Maybe I will be criticized but I think GC found a good balance with the exp rates. TTE + weekends except for the fact that the exp rate was a little to high sometimes on weekends. (x3 should be max IMO)

That being said, I'm excited to see how this publisher handles this beautiful game, Shout out to ex- Burden_Of_Success and AoW players, two leagues that I've had the pleasure of being a part of in GC. Here's to a new year and a new beginning.

kilroyjr, BloodyHands786 and ihgyug like this.
  2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

You're more than welcome to come and join our community on Discord and Reddit. We're friendly and dedicated players ready to smash the new 9d :) Discord

9Dragons made it through the Greenlight so maybe we'll just be able to carry on with the Greenlight:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249175224

There might be a lot of unanswered questions but double check the AMAA thread by Ahri and check the announcement section. I also have a FAQ on everything if that helps you. Some of your questions regarding EXP, Item Mall and Economy to a degree have sort of been answered.

AMAA
    Player FAQ
    Announcements

kilroyjr likes this.
  3. Lokir

Lokir New Member

Yes 9Dragons made it through both times however neither publisher ended up finalizing it. It would be amazing if RedFox could pick it up although unlikely I think.

I didn't really have questions, I was just merely suggesting some of my opinions for the publisher to hopefully take note of so that this game succeeds.

kilroyjr likes this.
  4. Blitzcronk

That's okay. I was just providing you with some links in case your questions or suggestions were already answered by Ahri. Welcome to the community either way! Hopefully we can get this Greenlit again and actually push through with it.

5. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

No.. No.. No.

Tell me one thing. You did read in forums that it's going to be only one server right.. and that is going to be located in US of course.
    So, what time do you suggest having those exp events ?
    What happens with the European players? Why should we stay awake during night.. just NOT TO STAY BEHIND?

EXP Events were invented from all the previous publishers, in order to sell more exp cards. Don't tell me that if there will be an 4x-5x exp event, you will not use exp card :)
    So what happened to the previous publishers? They F-A-I-L-E-D.

Whenever you logged in during non-event periods, you would notice... no one was around. People would only login during events to grind. that was just plain stupid. EXP Events totally ruined this game.

I Vote for higher base exp rates, and no exp events at all.

Edit: Also... people without the obligations you noticed (job/school), will still play during events. So how exactly having exp events would make a difference, help you catch up?
    Side Note: I Have full time job / family / kids.

Perfection, zohan, Drawcansir and 2 others like this.
  6. BloodyHands786

BloodyHands786 New Member

I do
    I do not agree with you at all.

Have Weekend exp events but only maybe twice or once a month to avoid players only playing during events. It is something to look forward to. Also, many of us cant play weekdays.

If the game runs on normal exp grind like acclaim and no events, then honestly it is the most boring thing ever. Even the freaks of this game that grind daily non stop, need a break. A break that is having event, changing things up, events create excitement, and again something that everyone looks forward to and cant wait.

I agree with everything Lokir has said.

ihgyug likes this.
  7. TheSwingler

TheSwingler New Member

You are right.

Another option is to let each player decide when to use and stop the bonus exp event.
    Example: Every character has 5 hours of 2x exp (event) every week. We can activate and deactivate it anytime. Reset every week.

It would be slightly similar to the auto train system.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    machatzi likes this.
  8. kilroyjr

kilroyjr Active Member

Getting this game greenlit on steam is a huge step for 9dragons. If RedFox actually goes through with it and works with Steam to promote their game, we would most likely see a big increase in players and the community.

I have no problem with exp events, but dont go over the top. Weekend x2 events are fine. I wouldnt even mind every other weekend. x3 should be the maximum multiplier and ONLY for special occassions (holidays). Just my opinion though. I think this system is most healthy for the game

9. Blitzcronk

There is a mixed review against the comments for this on Steam, I don't think we'll see a huge influx of players. We might see a small increase but it is keeping the new players that is the challenge.

10. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

This option is called an exp card

Kazuki and kilroyjr like this.
  11. Mobius787

Mobius787 New Member

A small increase? Most online games that are worth playing are found on Steam now-a-days. Simply put the community tab (player numbers), screenshots, videos, reviews all makes it one easy place to gather and gain new players for the game. Very few people want to play some game with unknown player base, mysterious devs, and a revolving door of publishers(aka what 9d has been for the passed 7 years)

From my point of few there is zero downside and only upside to putting the game on steam.

zohan and kilroyjr like this.
  12. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

i havent mentioned about normal exp. I said that base exp rates should be increased. I dont know by how much.. but it should be enough so we will not be grinding to lvl cap only one character for a year.

If you still want the exp events, tell me what time you think it should be enabled ?

13. TheSwingler

TheSwingler New Member

No it's not exp card. It's event. You can't stack exp card on exp card. But you can use exp card on event, increasing the exp multiplier.

14. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

Well you can decide when to use your exp card and when to stop using it. You get increased exp when you use it. You decide what card to use - x2, x3, x5! Your own private event - usable anytime :p

15. Kalzi

Kalzi Active Member

9Dragons will never be able to compete with the real mmorpg's out there, the audience is limited and the publisher wouldn't be able to handle their needs if by some miracle they would come.

However a small amount of progress is an achieveable target.

KProphetK likes this.
  16. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Kalz, you have been playing 9d for 10 years none stop, does this mean you're finally starting to get bored of it?

17. Kalzi

Kalzi Active Member

10 years on and off, taking breaks help cure the boring end game.