Wont Run In Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikejfs, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Mikejfs

Mikejfs New Member

Lets start by saying yes i have submitted a ticket. Running Windows 10 Home 64 bit and Comodo Internet Security. I've installed it twice using steam and three times as standalone. I shut down windows firewall and Comodo completely. I've added exceptions everywhere but it still wont start. Once it says it;s installed I hit Gamestart and the screen just disappears. Gameguard doesn't start up at all. I've tried Compatability mode for windows 7, xp sp 2 and 3, and windows 98. Still nothing. All drivers and win 10 are up to date. Not that it surprises me but to me the problem appears to be gameguard not downloading/starting.

Computer Specs are as follows

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core 3.5 Ghz
    Rog Strix B350-F Gaming motherboard ----- Cannot install windows 7 with this MB.Not even to dual-boot
    16 gig mem
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti , 2 gig mem

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You.

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

I'm on win10 as well, and I'm running it just fine.

Downloaded the installer from RF, installed it, launcher updated itself to latest patch, and ran the game with no issues.

3. sidealea

sidealea Member

Deleting contents inside GG folder and letting it update once helped me with similar case

4. Mikejfs

Mikejfs New Member

Hmmm I deleted the GG folder and when i hit start it did what it usually does...just disappears. did not even try to update.
    After it's installed I click on the playredfox folder and it says it's 3.36 gig, 299 files and 11 folders. Does that sound right? I know I'm grabbing at stars here but what the heck, I'm running out of ideas lol

5. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

I'm taking a wild guess here, but if you have not, perhaps enable run as administrator? Maybe your GG isn't able to write new files?

6. anhmquang1

anhmquang1 Member

7. Mikejfs

Mikejfs New Member

I have tried on run as admin on the desktop short cut and from directly in the file as well. My folder says 3.36 gig, 299 files and 11 folders, while your says 3.40 gig with 325 files and 15 folders. Am i missing 4 folders that i should have?

8. MyMoM

MyMoM New Member

install it on another place. if u have C, D, E... try install it on E if u had installed on D before. good luck!

9. Mikejfs

Mikejfs New Member

Thanks for everyones help. I still dont have it working in Win 10, but I found a few "workarounds" so I can dual boot and have it working in win 7. It has something to do with my motherboard Even with win 7 if I install drivers for my sm bus controller, my pci encryption controller and 4 pci devices, windows 7 stops working. I read somewhere that it's the muckety mucks way of trying to force people to windows 10. anyways I'm in game and again thanks for everyones input. See Y'all in game.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  10. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

Uninstall Comodo and it should work.

9D and Comodo dont like each other. I used to use it as well until it became such a hassle using it and having 9D update or anything and Id have to uninstall Comodo every time to just get the game to work properly.

As for Steam, its crap! I cant even get it to work now with Steam!

11. Mikejfs

Mikejfs New Member

What did you replace Comodo with?

12. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Disable your internet security while playing 9D

13. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Hello all,

I'm also having the same problem. I think it has to do with the new version of the Windows 10 if I'm not mistaken.
    I'm saying that because the game it worked for me before a Windows10 update.
    Currently, I have the version 1903 with the OS build: 18362.239 and the game doesn't even start. I open the launcher and nothing happens.
    GM, are you aware of something in this regard? I would appreciate having some kind of help from your part.

Thank you in advance.

14. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

I use Windows Security. Just as good now days as most AV's

I havent had any virus or anything in 3 yrs.

Mikejfs likes this.
  15. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi renatokpz, we see that you can access the game. If you need additional help, we suggest submitting a ticket so that our support team can further address the problem. Additionally, there should be no problem running Nine Dragons on Windows 10 OS. In most cases, your Antivirus will automatically block Nine Dragons exe immediately once you press the Start button. To resolve the problem, check to see if the exe is in your quarantine list.

renatokpz likes this.
  16. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Dear Ahri, yes I can access the game from another machine which has a different version of Windows 10. Furthermore, I'm not using any kind of antivirus. I'm just using the windows security as in the machine that can run the game.
    However, I'll try to check if some of the files are in the quarantine list from the windows security. If not solved, I'll use the ticket system.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

17. InternHealer

InternHealer New Member

After I haven't been online for couple of days, when i open my launcher it shows some kind of fast update for like 1sec. When I try to launch the game, but the ''GAME START'' button ain't working, it's not clickable.
    I tried reinstalling the game, with freshly downloaded install but i've encountered the same problem.

18. Akarh

Akarh New Member

what you know off...