Weapon type alternatives for Hyb/healer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lazyl3oy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. lazyl3oy

lazyl3oy Member

I just have a question thats been bothering me for a while.
    Why are gloves far more expensive than other weapon types?
    In Tao Gloves costs much higher (30-50%) vs other weapons of same type and refine level.
    I can understand that most clans has gloves as secondary weapon making it very versatile.
    However primary weapons overall have better stats vs gloves right?
    Cant you just use lvl 1 +15 dagger or axe to buff yourself then switch over to a pole or spear with basic active from tutorial map since poles and spear have the highest damage with basic actives?
    Or is the price difference just for the pvp debuff active?
    Please enlighten me.

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

You have already said it yourself. Gloves are used by 4 out of 6 clans for their hybrids and healers. Thus, there may be shortages on the availability of gloves for the entire hybrid/healer population which makes up the majority of roles played due to their popularity.

This shortage naturally drives up the prices.

Also, using your clan warrior's weapon renders players unable to use their smashes. While this may be acceptable to some players, it is however not how some or majority of hybrid/healers players like to play their characters.

lazyl3oy likes this.
  3. lazyl3oy

lazyl3oy Member

Thanks for the timely reply.
    So its really just for the versatility?
    Really wish I had bought a dagger +15 for 8bil when I saw it then.

4. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Not really. Hybrid and healer actives also have their perks when using their dedicated weapon choice. If you ever played one, you would know some of their actives have nice effects for both PvE and PvP. That alone makes using gloves/axes/daggers the preferred choice if you play a hybrid/healer.

That is ignoring the fact that you can also use your smashes too.

Using a warrior's weapon may be preferred for nukers when the situation calls for it, but hybrids and healers do not need to rely on that approach.

So my recommendation is to pick a clan with "cheaper" weapons choices if that is a factor you need to consider.

lazyl3oy likes this.
  5. lazyl3oy

lazyl3oy Member

Ok thanks for the detailed information. Every time I looked at the additional damage of the high level actives between primary weapon and the better base damage of warrior weapons it just didn't make sense to me on why not switch to warrior weapons when they are cheaper and more damage. Turns out actives are not calculated into damage the way I had thought. Anyway thanks again.