Why I stopped playing rf. Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkitRf, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

get to the point I lag. Hard.... because of this I stopped playing. I want to see what’s causing it. I think it’s my laptop I’m not sure. I’m trying to reset it but I’m having trouble resetting it. Don’t think it’s my router or location. My PS4 WiFi is fine.

2. oTedd

oTedd Member

If you don't have high ping but you lag, it might just be your computer.
    I don't really know much about Rumble fighter and its connection problems though so you should probably just wait until some of the smart dudes respond. Like @Starberry or Shadow

SkitRf and Disregard like this.
  3. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hi @SkitRf ,

Are you connected to Wi-Fi on your laptop through Ethernet, Wireless (built in) or wireless (USB)?

Can you run a Speed Test on your internet connection on your laptop?

SkitRf likes this.
  4. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Use a wired connection if you run off wifi it can lag. If you are wired and it still lags then run a speed test on your pc should be at least 20 if you dont wanna lag, 5 higher for ever family member if your sharing internet with people in the house. If its your pc you should know by the specs is it a crappy laptop? is it a ok laptop? whats the ram and graphics card? I ran rf with zero lag on a 2008 ghetto brand laptop. If you have a hp laptop/pc you can run its recovery it will do a factory reset just search recovery. If that dont work you can switch out the hard drive you can buy a ssd for 80 dollars and run game better. But I only suggest this if your pc is at least i5, and a geforce 5000 series or higher if its crappy then that then you should invest a few hundred into a gaming pc so you can run a lot of other games. Lastly if your not from u.s or canada you will lag the only way to fully prevent it is a 180+gb connection

SkitRf likes this.
  5. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

It's better if you stopped playing da rf af. cuz it's like you playing fusionfall or some old game at least 200 ppl on da server.

Phawnix and SkitRf like this.
  6. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Player to Player connection always suk . One Day you lagg like sht one Day you got no laggs at all . But they dont get that player to server connection will help alot xD it's not 2008 where it was hard to people to connect with servers from other country.

Arschgeist, tamirtov and SkitRf like this.
  7. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

Yeah I reseted my laptop finally and deleted a bunch of files. The lag went down a lot. I still lag a bit though... I’ll keep a update

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

maybe download more hentai to reduce da lag af?

9. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

Ok so the lag came back today. Im using a wireless connection.. I feel like the lag comes at a certain time as well? My speed test came out with 25.6 mbps download and 0.35 mbps upload. Its saying my internet is fast.

10. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Your upload speed is very poor at 0.35mbps. It is not good enough.

If your upload speed is too slow, it won't be able to keep up with the frames/movements of other players in-game, thus causing "lag".

A recommended 8-10mbps is what you would be aiming for. Double check that your wireless channels are not conflicting with other wireless networks nearby (including your neighbours).

To start, I recommend you do another speed test with wired (ethernet) and see if it's any better. If it is the same performance as wireless, you need to contact your ISP and check it out. Your modem or router may be too old as well.

RumbleNomad likes this.
  11. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

Scrpz, tamirtov and Crescendo like this.
  12. Crescendo

Crescendo Active Member

Idk if someone already covered this, but try Game Booster.

13. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Upload doesn't need to be more then 3, its really not that important but not even being 1 shows me your connection needs work like we said try wired. If you still lag negotiate better internet they usually will put you in a faster package if you call and threaten to leave. Rarely do modems or routers shitting the bed slow you don't they usually just drop internet randomly unless yours is ancient. Try to get 30/4 at least. 20 is the bare minimum for gaming.

14. VelvetJoy

VelvetJoy New Member

Plz fix the dam lag and delete some of the channel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.