Dear Diary: Honestly, this game is fun. Deep down I don't want it gone.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forevolution, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

I know things are bad but it's always fun coming back and messing around in free for alls. I come in to exclusively 1v1 like once a month but I went in last night for a couple hours and played classic mode moonlight and I just couldn't stop and leave for the night, that's how fun it was. Them before that I played glacier and even with the rares, it was fun too. Idk, I guess it's cause after a break, I found this game to be cool again but maybe it's also the fact that when you're not being a tryhard and just ******* around, things get 10x more enjoyable in this game.

I'm probably gonna log in after I get home from work and play the whole day. I need Yaki Cannon and the Skyhorns. I'm a sucker for old school exocores

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Too bad everyone else on this game is anti-fun

3. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Elaborate on this further. Your feedback is very important.

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

People only wanna play Moon Singles or Glac Teams ad nauseam, no variety. Ive literally heard RF get called "One Stage Fighter" in person by friends in the FGC. The taboo on wings is also very anti-fun considering rev'ing allows people to enjoy matches longer even tho nobody blinks anytime someone builds up an invisible back shield which imo isnt very fun to discover mid match. People cant even talk about having fun with RF on the forums without a handful of people trying to bash them for it.

5. Starberry

Unfortunately, if the players like playing on maps like Moonlight Valley & Glacier Cove, then we can't really do anything other than encourage players to play various other maps. Usually, what I like to do is have the middle map "Random Stage", that way you can still play some other maps that you do not usually play.

As for wings & back guards, they are in a good spot right now. Right now, most players prefer back guards as it's just more versatile. It is usually the wings + back guard combination that does take some fun out of the game. If player(s) would like the wings off, it is encouraged that you can work something out instead of starting arguments. Please do your best to accommodate other players' requests, and ask if others can accommodate yours as well. If you cannot work out a solution, please move to a new room.

6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

We as players cant but RF hasnt had a Map Boost Event (+X% carats/exp for playing a specific map) in years so despite knowing a problem exists nothing has been done to address it by Nimonex/Redfox. Giving people double carats got people off moon/glac in the past and getting off those 2 stages would be amazing for RF's new player retention.

By the way @Forevolution whats your IGN? :3

Rawsta likes this.
  7. Starberry

I am well aware of the map bonuses we once had. We'll ask for our developers to implement map bonuses and/or Happy Hour back into the game.

For the time being, please do your best to make the game enjoyable for yourself and others as well.

EDIT : Sorry, I meant Power Hour.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Ill try not to let the negative people get to me

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  9. Disregard

Disregard Well-Known Member

RF definitely is a fun game, when it can be fun.

10. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

Having to relog a lot is miserable though.

Disregard likes this.
  11. oTedd

oTedd Member

Game constantly crashes in lobby when I try to join rooms that already have like 6+ players so i'm forced to make my own rooms, I can't use my macro's to /dance1 on people anymore, and Scrolls like Black Dragon exist.
    The game is fun asf and it's definitely one of a kind, but man is it getting torn up from the inside out. The constant boxes to be a money pit instead of a Trading system, lack of bug fixes, lack of awareness in how the scrolls they create impact gameplay for others i.e Blood Dragon, Black Dragon, Metatron Bow, Verm Swords.
    Old RF made scrolls where you could see the fists that were hitting you, not these random ass tornadoes that hit everyone in an AoE like an exo and go through terrain. :(

Rawsta and Disregard like this.
  12. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

We Care, but they dont . If RF could make 0 income,they would definitely listen to us . There is no new maps ,no fixes ,classic mode is a joke , only boxed items . Tbh idc about recycling that much ,but they should make these recycled scrolls as Carat one but that's a big no no for them since No money xD For sure they dont know how to make business,they only getting money from people who like to get fked on every step .

13. Forevolution

Forevolution Member

Nevermind. Ran into a Black Dragon abuser in moon.

Classic mode is fun. Regular gameplay is not. It's way too unbalanced.

oTedd and iHumza like this.
  14. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

No matter how many times this game cheeses me or ruins my day, I always come back to it some time, for hours at that.

Huttj likes this.
  15. Disregard

Game crashes way too much, literally crash on any single moment. When you open inventory in room, when you SELECT any item in the inventory from the room, chance of crashing in loading (can be frequent), unpredictable crashes. Literally anything can make you crash. Just recently, I played moon, loading, >> loading stage >> syncro-crash. FFS.

16. Rigamortis

Rigamortis Well-Known Member

Rf thrives off of nobodies feeling like somebodies when they gamble, pay2win, or get some e pussicatdollz

Huttj and TheDL6Incident like this.
  17. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Black Dragon is just intimidating because of its finishers, it's mid-combo attacks are f***ing terrible and have almost zero angling.

18. oTedd

oTedd Member

Nah, Black Dragon isn't intimidating, we don't avoid it cause we're SCARED of it. We avoid it cause the launcher literally goes through panics. Because its two hit is almost impossible to react to. And because the combo with a big ass tornado is unbelievably difficult to punish because it block stuns you.
    The scroll is horrible for the game, I have no idea what reason you have for defending it.

Huttj likes this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I can confirm the launcher only goes thru panics on a predict. There are faster 2hits in the game (Pencak/WhiteFang). Like I said it has great finishers but it CANNOT angle its mid-combos and still connect them. I don't worry too much about it because I just out-play it, its certainly not as oppressive to fight against as Blood Dragon, ZinTKDs, ZinKarate, Pre-Nerf BWN or the Sages.

Disregard likes this.
  20. Disregard

Black dragon definitly has bad angles. Risky on moon, but it does have tight controls. Though i think recovery is pretty bad on some moves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.