Fisticuffs is borderline unplayable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tengu, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Either extend the time to two hours, get more GMs to play during that hour or just stop hosting Fisticuffs altogether and save everyone from wasting their time on a GM that isnt gonna show up. Spending an hour or more waiting on y'all and having nothing to show for it got old a long time ago.

Skippah, RumbleNomad and iHumza like this.
  2. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

If you make the rooms like 30 minutes earlier you're almost guaranteed to get him in your room. I can speak on this as it happened 3 times, got my nightmare claw :3

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I made my room less than 5 minutes after it started when there were only half a page of full fisticuffs rooms and he even extended the event an extra 20+ minutes. Sorry but this is unacceptable.

Skippah and iHumza like this.
  4. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

This is true. I can't believe only 1 GM is handling this.

5. Skippah

Skippah Member

Bro I thought I was the only one who thought this indeed faktz

6. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, to avoid pauses and interruptions in usual day to day operations, the entire GM team cannot participate in the Fisticuffs event.

In response to not being able to make it to every room, Shadow did Fisticuffs on both Wednesday & Friday. He would also try to start Fisticuffs earlier. However, there are many unforeseen circumstances that may result in not being able to reach to every single room such as :

• Disconnections (either by client or connection)
    • Individual Loading Time (some players may take a while to load)
    • Room “Recycling” (players that didn’t win may end up making a new room)

I’ve brought up the idea of helping out Shadow myself, but I would need to be specifically approved to even do this.

For the time being, I am only able to assist in answering general questions and technical support on both inside the game and on the forums. However, I’m not a replacement of the support team for any specific questions and inquiries. I wouldn’t have the answers to those questions.

Tengu likes this.
  7. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

RumbleNomad and Pasha like this.
  8. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

What if Shadow just hosts a room himself, with a password, and then keeps remaking the room after each match (or kicks everyone from the room, whichever is easier.) We wouldn't have to worry about making 25 Fisticuff rooms and praying we get him to show up within that hour. It might even make it easier for him to keep tabs on who all participates / wins, too.

[GM]Shadow likes this.
  9. [GM]Shadow

[GM]Shadow RedFox Games Staff Member

We've tried that before and players got pissed for getting kicked T_T I mean if everyone wants that now, then I'm Game for it. :) Regardless the waiting is hardest for yall i think xD

Starberry likes this.
  10. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

Nowhere does it say that all players are guaranteed to play with a [GM] and win a prize.

/thread.

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Its obviously not a guarantee but considering I've waited more than the full hour on the last 3 fisticuff events and have yet to see a GM it raises a few questions

12. Starberry

It is just bad luck I suppose. The opportunity will find you.

Although, if you feel like there should be another staff member for Fisticuffs, do not be afraid to submit that feedback via ticket and/or on forums.

Your feedback is appreciated and is taken very seriously.

13. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Hopefully, Wednesday will change things for everyone.

Starberry and Tengu like this.
  14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I already did. I even volunteered to sit these out and be a disguised Event GM to lighten the load off Shadow's shoulders.

15. Starberry

Disguised Event GM maybe not at this time.

If there are continued issues with Fisticuffs such as the lack of rooms being attended to after this week, feel free to report that in and we will revisit the issue.

For the time being, Fisticuffs is in a pretty good spot.

16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I never expected RedFox to entertain the event gm idea but something is better than nothing so I threw it out there anyway.

17. Starberry

There are many ways to help out.

Do not let the behaviors of other negative players put you down. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me (on forums & in-game) or the team know (via support ticket).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.