Regarding spring even and future events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manaphon, May 17, 2019.

1. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

As the title says, I think this should be a wake up call to RF to put out patch notes before they launch any future updates. This way players can put their input into it and RF won't have to hassle with stupid hotfixes after they realise their mistakes. Because clearly they didn't think this through, if they would have posted patch notes before they could have changed item statuses before this got out of hand. Now players that had multiple accounts for farming events (this one excluded) can get their accounts banned if they receive gift boxes in them. Which isn't really fair IMO.

All in all, please post patch notes before 3-4 days before the actuall launch of the events.

Junky91 likes this.
  2. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

I don't know why they keep it all a big secret until after it's done. They must know well ahead of time what they are getting. Or maybe they push it through as soon as the get it. idk

3. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

IDK, but sometime ago Ahri justified it with "It's to prevent players from stacking items that could be needed for the event" and liked a post that said it could affect market prices.

IMO that's total BS event items always have their own recipe and collection, market prices wouldn't matter if the patch notes come after/before the patch. The only thing that would change is that players wouldn't pay for overpriced items if they knew what the events would bring. Take for example last years golden pig event, Flag of Chaos was at 7-8b (Flag 2/3 was already introduced) 2 days later the prices went down to 500m each.

4. Terrasen

Terrasen New Member

They are clearly against that, for some reason. this event proved they have the announcements posted early, but it's hidden on purpose untill it goes live.

5. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

They always annouces server maintenance, what event is ending and what event is coming, but the patch notes themself aren't posted until the maintenance is done.
    Every other games always posted patch notes 1 week prior to the update.

6. Terrasen

Terrasen New Member

I just mean Ahri posted the link to the spring announcement, but it wasnt an actual thread untill like an hour later.They have it prepared early, they just choose not to.

7. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

9Dragons in general usually don't reveal patch notes nor event details beforehand for many reasons.

Additionally, revealing the Spring event detail ahead of time would not prevent any abuse from occurring in the US version.

You probably already know, that the Spring event is similar to this event: https://www.ninedragons.co.kr/news/...m=514&flashname=sb_01.swf&pageNum=1&leftNum=4

And so far, there are no abuses in the KR server.

8. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Could you tell us a reason why patch notes aren't posted before hand?
    And KR have their social ID connected to their account so they are only entitled to one account per person, which we don't have here in the US version.

Revered and WindStruck like this.
  9. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

one of the reasons..

"revealing the Spring event detail ahead of time would not prevent any abuse from occurring in the US version."

10. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

I understand the GM's opinion, but in this case I must respectfully disagree.

If the Spring details was revealed ahead of time, some mature players would have given feedback on forum threads (or by email) regarding potential loopholes and how we can see blatant multi accounting before in the game to gain event rewards.

What if the cheaters used VPN and were more careful in how they trade the items, would they still get caught?

No anti-cheat system is perfect. Eventually there will always be an exploit to find. Even the recent 3rd anniversary had some botters with 3 bags full of anniversary coins that no normal human being can have the patience to grind for.

Is there any perfect rewards system? No,... but slowly and gradually, I think the game masters are learning from past experiences and getting better.

Then again, hindsight is 20/20... I don't think I could have avoided the same mistake if I was in the same position as the GM's, because my friends say my personality is generous .

The bigger issue though, is there is no way to buy gold straight from red fox games but you can buy gold $2/1bil if you find the right people whether in game or on the fb group. That one is a pretty clear break in the game's TOS (or rules), but near impossible to enforce. It is taking away $$$ that players would have spent in the cc shop (or IM shop), and instead use their wallet on buying 9d gold and gear. Again, I have no solutions,... just that we need the $$$ to go to cc to keep this free server running. We should ask ourselves, do we want this server to end up like acclaim and games campus? About everyday, i still get spammed whispers by random accounts with weird fgfgfggfhhg names that whisper me "$100 mil / 1USD". It's annoying and all I can do is block that account. I could screen shot it to the GM's I guess, but I don't really have an idea of how to fix the gold seller problem.

I think it is important to understand the that players come from many different cultures and countries. In some countries (not naming any names, since the country of my birth also has a lot of cheaters in games), bribing, cheating... evading taxes is the norm. I am not condoning the actions of cheaters, just that we should acknowledge the personality of some players could be prone to using loopholes and exploits. We are after all, human, and as human make mistakes... sometimes intentionally make mistakes, and suffer the consequences of our actions.

I assume the GM's are from the US, which has laws about following the rules. Since red fox games appears to be based on the west coast (but i guess they could work remotely from anywhere in the world).
    It is the GM's that make the rules for 9dragons since they maintain this game we all love.

TL;DR : com munication is important. talk to your experienced players on how to avoid gift loopholes.

TL;DR 2: some players come from backgrounds that make them think cheating is okay.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  11. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

Tell that to redfox..

Personally like u.. I want them to sell gold on their item mall..1b for 2 dollars or less...

but the problem is... the game will have too much gold.. and they will need gold sinks.. which will make events horrible for f2p player..

there is alot of ways to make gold sinks.. like my infinite bad idea.. a bad where u can upgrade with gold..

the more space the more gold... starting at 1m... the slot 2 mil, next 2mill..

and lastly..

bribing and cheating and evasion is not a culture thing.. all humans do it.. including you.. its called telling a lie..

Just some people lie as a living...

the gold seller problem.. is in all games.. it will never go away.. PERIOD

you can't blame GM's and producers for things.. you/we the players(generalizing.. some players.. not all).. actively do..(trying to find bugs, exploit the game for money..)

12. KProphetK

KProphetK Well-Known Member

See this goes to show how stupid nthe staff at RF is!

Up in til the later part if GC did the notes start to dwindle off and not get posted before event.

But 9Dragons has always given ups patch notes with all that's taking place, being fixed or changed.

You guys have made this game top secret!

Like we don't know your actually Venus from GC.

Told everyone in the beginning that this was going g to be a **** publisher!

13. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

Yes, all humans lie... but some cultures have less cheaters. i want to point out the Japanese are law abiding in their culture, and have low crime rate as well as low number of cheaters in japanese game servers.

https://www.nationmaster.com/blog/?p=74

Koreans on the other hand, try to find loopholes and advantages, to the point where korean players have to register their real life ID to their mmorpgs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/6w3g30/faq_about_playingregistering_for_online_korean/