OGP Player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OGXannex, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

what can savor benefit?

Assassin is a lot benefit for me doesn't matter if i go for build high str with low critical but come with assassin.

doston8 likes this.
  2. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

Shoot is slightly op for 1 vs 1 which is why literally almost everyone used it in 1vs1 (back in the day) and still is one of the top used scrolls for blacktop. Its super quick and very flexable to keep yourself safe and good for juggles. Other then 1vs1 its probably not even top 20 way, probably not even top 5 back when it was released. Right now the most op stuff are some of the black scrolls,ninjitsu scrolls, se scrolls, electro, basically anything with augments on it or released 18-19 with a few exceptions. That new boxing scrolls which has aoe is over the top and that says a lot considering whats been getting released

3. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

You know for sure this game got a lot of this that need to be fixed , you can use saver to ** up their juggle I like to do that xD they are always like what?! My juggle .

4. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Assassin is giving up a full mechanic for 5% critical chance.

In only a 1v1, It takes 15-30hits depending on combos/juggles/single hits landed. Around 3-4 juggles, Around 5/6 full combos, Without gravs/counters/jumps/slides. If you juggle for example and do 3-4 juggles that would total 30ish hits in a 1v1, You're 5% crit on average will turn that down to 28.5 hits. Thats like 1-2 slides kicks, if not your last juggle might not even reach half or full.

When talking about outside of that, It might be slightly more impactful, But Full STR beats CRI any day of the week. You're goal is as much str as possible with abit whatever CRI you can get. You got 5% pouch items, cri on tons of items. You're 5% won't be crazy to any of that.

We are currently talking about giving up a whole function for just that? To save 2.5 hits or even less on a single opponent when we are talking about statless? Would you give up Nanmu for 5% cri? You might not see the benefits of not having saver cause you can punish casuals using it. But it does reduce knockback on longer knockback combos/grab types, etc. You can avoid all frontal ground hits saving yourself 200-400hp EASILY multiple times a round. You can still avoid it from the back if you are smart with it. You can get up faster to punish. The only con in Saver is being stupid and using it when there is risk or not acting correctly upon recovery.

TL:DR = Giving up a whole mechanic that can save you from knockback, pressure, 200-400 dmg per combo, Is way more worth than requiring to deal 1 to 2.5 hits less to a single player in a whole round.

RumbleNomad likes this.
  5. TheFuzionBranz

OP = Over powered.

Why is shoot over powered?
    Pros:
    -It has a mix of good recovery, speed and range.
    -Simple scroll
    -Delays

Cons:
    -Its whole punch combo is counterable.
    -3/4 of kick combo is counterable regardless of delays
    -None of its hits are safe to the point that you can combo right after your opponent blocked you and restart without punishment
    -Too easy to read if you combo or or launch. As the launcher is KPP and combo is KKKK, if someone does KP you can easily tell if they do 1 more, they will be in a situation to be punished, If they do KK, you know the maximum damage you will take if you unblock is 300ish from 2 hits.....

Shoot is simple to use, Simple to read.
    Zinkarate is simple to use, Hard to beat.

Shoot is also a scroll that is versitille and usable in any map. 3 hit launcher which acts as a quick fence too. 4 Hit kick combo that comes out very fast and can have any angle hit. Its top tier for moon or glacier, etc.

Shoot is a skill based scroll. You can argue its easy to use, That a noob will be better with it compared to a more complexe scroll, But in the end its just as easy to read and counter as it is to use. If hes a sucker for using it, You're equally a sucker for losing unless you clearly take a way lower tier scroll such as Avenger, Infinite Ninjitsu, Persona, etc.

Its highly used cause people will cry if you use Rage/ZinKarate/WhiteFang etc... People wont cry if you use Shoot boxing etc cause its somewhat high tier but not OP at all. If you lost you're not good. Keep trying cause the day the same player uses something actually OP, you won't want that 1v1

6. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

we must not forget da sound fx for crit hit is very appeal and make opponent scare think they take more dmg then really is indeed faktz. give crit guy more leverage and intimidation because now enemy scare they take 2 much dmg and look at health bar every second indeed faktz. ofc it not matter to I because when am using crit they say i take 2 much str even doh str is below 40 anyways so it w/e faktz.

7. SmexyChicken

SmexyChicken Member

Preezent~

8. OGXannex

OGXannex Member

Totally forgot above ZinK. I remember that people used to ban those scrolls since they hit hard.

9. InoPluto

InoPluto New Member

You should ask if any new players or gc players playing.

10. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nothing of new players here. Only few of them.

11. Logic

Logic Clean Up Crew

A little op in black top sense because of how much better it is then a majority of scrolls,
    because of its speed it catch and out trades
    and it is long can do good damage and has good delays that out match in its age group
    If something released in what 09? is still relevant 10 years later? I mean any scroll can beat any scroll its about the user saying you would beat anyone with shoot if you had white fang or at least indicating it would be close? I don't think so. Really depends on the person you faces weaknesses some people can't counter good, some people grab a lot, some people drift a lot, some people barely drift, some people juggle, some people use timing and jump kicks, the good thing about this game is all the play styles makes fighting certain people unique.
    Dont get me wrong I dont think it should be nerfed I dont care if some scrolls are better then others and like I said other scrolls are much more op specially in edge maps. Just because I say its OP I don't mean it in a hyperbolic way like its broken, I mean its a 8.5/10 scroll anything above 8 that destroys nearly 90% in its blacktop field. Maybe by going 19s rf context its not op but its certainly really good and annoying, and people def don't use it to hold back I seen a lot of grudge matches people pulling it out.

12. TheFuzionBranz

Its not really better. It takes skill to beat. Literatly just skill. You don't need a specific mindset to beat it. Some scrolls has OP distance covered, Some lunge from far into connecting combos, Some have so much stun and cant be countered.

Shoot boxing can be countered mid combo. It is a strong close up scroll that doesnt have a Omni or a Special Counter. It cannot ground hit or I frame. All of that limits its pressure and options. You literatly have 3 options all times. PPPPP (end when you want), KKKK or KPP. If you start 1 option, You can be countered throughout the combo without delays, Once you do an input you know what combo to expect. KPP is risky to end and wont go the full KKKK.

Shoot isnt safe enough to do KKK on a blocking opponent and then do KKK again in a spammy way. To do KKK KKK fast, you need perfect timing and its not a guaranteed thing. However timing your combo after the blocked KKK to intercept the next KKK is. They would realistically have to block since the opponent would have the priority of the situation.

It also has regular damage for 4hit combos and from a 6hit punch combo.

Its a scroll that has no justification for losing to unless you clearly use a scroll that is WORST in every way possible. Then again, Thats your fault for not using a higher tier item as there are many high tier choices that don't have a huge gap.

13. Riellic

Riellic Member

there's a good amount of OGs i'm glad don't play anymore tbh lol community is just a hair less toxic without them :^)

OG reporting in btw, since '07/'08 (can't remember but it was either late '07 or early '08 lol)

14. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

This is why I could never appreciate Rumble Fighter 1v1's after Saver/Assassin became a thing because either you had it or you didn't. Who in their right minds, gives you the option for Assassin or Saver when one is purely a sub-tier stat that requires you to build upon it to even make it effective and the other gets a NEW mechanic. Assassin could have essentially just have been an Aerial Saver (which secretly I think was it got just scrapped and later implemented as Air Panic) that would mean they would have to make air panicking unlimited and people REALLY would have to think of which one they wanted.

15. Audioh

Audioh Member

We all died in our early 20s

RumbleNomad likes this.
  16. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

I'm an OGP player started in 08
    I don't remember my very first IGN but one of my mains at one time was EvilSymphony

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  17. Squidstress

Squidstress New Member

I just came back today, lol.

Played from 2008-2011 and had a billion usernames. Canelopie was probably the one I had the longest but the best name was most definitely Vulvasaur.

Oooh I know people in here I should look first.

18. Thanoseid

Thanoseid New Member

I went by the names Truegamer and Strago. Mostly played KOTH and BM. Wonder if anyone I knew is still around.

19. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

There is nobody to play KOTH or BM anymore :( Although I'd love to play those modes.

20. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

All around me are familiar faces~

Lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.