[Official Discussion/Poll]Classic Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFuzionBranz, Mar 6, 2019.

?

What do you want for CLASSIC MODE

1. Items up to OGP without Rares(Top 10 allowed)

80.0%
  2. Stat limit

87.5%
  3. Disactivated Revives

45.0%
  4. Limited Pouch items

32.5%
  5. Selectable items with Rares auto-banned

37.5%
  6. Disable Avalons

82.5%
  7. As is with improve rotations

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shady45

shady45 Active Member

where df is jin tekkyon

2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Have any additional changes for Classic Mode?

Post them here.

3. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Remove soul saber and blood revolver.

4. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

5. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Are dash exocores considered too powerful?

6. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Based on my personal preference, Attack Booster should not be in the lineup.

To me, the objective of Classic Mode is for nostalgia reasons. Exocores that are already regularly used shouldn't be in here. (based on my personal judgment and experience in matches)

Replace Blood Revolver for Darkness, which is another dash exo but severly underused.
    Replace Soul Saber for Blade Spirit for the same reason.

Additionally, to enable all players to get in the action and not get left out, there should be a package that contains a few "Scroll Boxes" which contain timed variants of Classic Mode skill items. This can be a log in prize.

tamirtov, SkitRf and Draygashi like this.
  7. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

TBH, They could be unique to one/two classes.
    Morphs and ninja stuff for soul fighter,
    Dash/Combat on Striker
    Elemental/Magic on Ele,
    Etc

Classes use to have a certain feel to em......... As for dashes, A simple non exagerated knockback one with a non op V skill is acceptable... Its "late classic" imo

8. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Refer to this person's post supported by your colleague GM Shadow

I agree. AB is one of the few classics that are still of use that hasn’t been killed by nerfs or just plain outdated against the new competition. This argument is the problem I was trying to address when I said earlier, the motives behind ‘classic’ in classic mode aren’t properly represented by what the users are asking for.

A portion of the community supporting classic mode think they’re getting away from what they see every day. Simply put, getting away from Over used scrolls/exos. But they don’t account for Shoot, AB, chains, you get the gist. Which isn’t a division by time(classic modern) it’s a division by use(ou, uu, ru, nu)

Do y’all want classic mode to be technically correct and classic mode turn into a shoot and ab fest(basically an overused ladder) or did y’all wanna create a new game mode that would shut these two groups up? :p divide the modes by use. One clearly just wants to get away from the norm, they would just play the underused ladder. And those wanting to spam AB and shoot, no matter how skilled you are, you are the majority of the game. Y’all are clearly the overused ladder, and from there y’all should be arguing what’s overused and overpowered, not what’s overused and what’s ‘classic’... because that's the division y'all really care about and want enforced

Those who want a true 'classic' mode that doesn't include the overused scrolls/exocores are clearly the minority. If you think i'm wrong than wait two weeks after this last classic mode update. Let me know how much more people are playing classic mode now that it has more scrolls, just not the overused ones than before the update...

9. Hercule

Why not just divide it by use completely and include everything underused in classic mode? That way things that are hidden gems would gain popularity, get bought by at least one person whom wouldn't have simply because he/she never seen enough of it, one less user found the need to use only Shoot and AB because hes copying what he see's?

10. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

pick a year. put all the exos and scrolls from that year and before.

Hercule likes this.
  11. NoobsRuz

NoobsRuz New Member

There’s a reason why everyone loved OGP. No one complained about a scroll or exo being too OP. I told [GM]Shadow that Classic mode should be arranged where it’s every scroll / exo (thats not a rare) from OGP and OGP only.

12. Hercule

I agree, if were going by whats classic than that absolutely fits the description. The problem is the practicality of that. If a majority of the users supporting classic mode simply want to get away from Shoot and AB, and the other half thinking like you(simply want to get away from rares) nobody actually wants to play anything from a certain time frame. Kill two birds one stone and make ladders... People who want to get away from Shoot and AB users simply play Under Used and the other half who want to get away from rares play Over Used... The minority of the users whom actually wanted to play with something nostalgic and underused can play classic mode as is, with rotating ban list.

i can't really see the in between. you either don't fiddle with classic mode's ban list to include overused(please don't categorize them as "dash exo's" because you are going to have people complain about a whole lot more than dash exos @GMToast) which satisfies those wanting to get away from rares and is technically correct classic mode. however, it will be a shoot an ab dominant fest and those wanting to get away from the norm won't play it...

or you do fiddle with classic mode's ban list to not include specific classic overused scrolls/exo's... than your basically having a conversation about whats not OP enough to break classic mode, yet old enough to still be classic. i fear that route would end up with a ban list similar to what you have now which isn't very flavorful and no one scroll or exo added would have a significant difference. what makes more sense if were being so nit picky would be to allow newer scrolls and exos that arent OP to shake things up. However, that isn't classic mode, its an Underused Ladder.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.