Fighting Mechanics Update.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yeomra, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

This is a huge W.I.P that will be worked over time. Some things will be added, some removed. This will be a list of changes/additions to the mechanics of this game. Some huge, some small.
    For now, I will just add the things that I want changed/added/removed and will add descriptions, talk about them later on as I "do more research"

Additions:
    • Corkscrew can now happen to airborne opponents. Able to get another combo if attacking opponent within the next 1.5 seconds.
    • Airborne corkscrews (ie; Shoot Boxing KKKK) leading into 1 additional combo.
    • Bounce Up can now happen to airborne opponents. Able to get another combo if attacking opponent within the next .8 second.
    • Airborne BU's (ie; Muscle Buster KKP) leading into 1 additional combo.
    • Damage scaling down as combo counter goes up while airborne. 5% after every 5 hits, 10% after 10 hits, etc. up to a max of 25%
    • Airborne panic gives 5 frames of invulnerability and automatically uses a jump.
    Changes:
    • Resets limited to 3 at max instead of infinite. ie; Zin Taekwondo, Mystic Arts, Heavens Fist, Thunderstorm, etc. no matter what.
    • Slide kicking an airborne opponent causes a knockdown instead of a stagger.
    • Nanmu and RE skill uses the same energy to where you can only use one of them in a match, not both.
    Removals:
    • Remove damage reduction while hitting airborn opponents.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

RESERVED FOR LIST OF SCROLL/EXOCORE COMBO CHANGES FOR NEW SYSTEM.

3. Yeomra

Yeomra Well-Known Member

SUPPORTS:

4. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

You may want to go into detail about whatever that Corkscrew mechanic is. If that is the spinning knockback from certain moves, I don't see how that would lead to extended juggles.

As for the RE / Nanmu thing, I like being able to use both. It makes some RE moves worth using such as Xinyi RE's, and looks crazy stylish. I'm guessing the change is that you can use one or the other at any point in time instead of using the RE move when you have 15% HP. Personally, I just want our health bar to start flashing that blue color when we get to 15% HP instead of when we get to 30% HP so we actually know when we can use the move. :v

Resets only exist because some moves don't have enough end-lag, allowing you to reset the juggle. Your change would also limit drop juggling. I do not want Drop Juggling limited, as that's one of the few real stylish ways to beat someone on Moon, which was already nerfed by the Air Panic. Instead, what if we gave more scrolls the ability that Raging Fist has? (Raging Fist can go PP(P) kG K P P KKPKP) To prevent that going infinitely like how Droid Art's pre-nerf >>GP did, they could make it so the second use of the special launcher that connects from the normal launcher just ends up juggling the opponent, like how Droid Art's >>GP works currently. I know they're capable of doing something like this because they're able to prevent Iron Fist from juggling infinitely with its dash skill by making the opponent that's launched by it immune to follow up dash skills until they've started being juggled. In this instance, the opponent would be immune to the special launcher's reset ability and would just be juggled by the move instead.

That change to the Air Panic I also do not like, as the current form of it rewards using it at the right time. Use it too early, and you'll not escape the juggle and die. Use it too late and you'll have to use your Nanmu to recover as well, or you could just not make it back at all regardless. Your proposed change would mean someone could just use the air panic whenever they wanted, and would probably lead to reversals with a jump kick landing into grabbing the opponent, which would lead to the juggler getting thrown off the map. Not fun.

I do see what you're trying to do though. Your proposed changes would make the game even more like Tekken and other fighting games which have juggle extensions and combo reversals built in, but I don't think that's what Rumble Fighter needs.

Now, one change I would LOVE to see would be if they added that after-image effect they've been using a lot recently to every instance of I-frames and Super Armor. Maybe change the color of the after-images to indicate whether it's I-frames or Super Armor, too. (Example of what I'm talking about: See - The Another Scrolls' Nanmus or Kazak Kuresi's kG P) Having a visual representation of when you or your opponent are invincible or have super armor is something that should have been done from the beginning of the game. (You have i-frames when getting up after getting knocked down, for example.)
    On this note, It'd also be nice to have a way to see when you and your opponents have Nanmus, RE Moves, and Panics available.

5. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Sorry but I strongly disagree with all of this. Rounds are timed at 120 seconds and people manage to finish in under 30 or even take the whole 120 for a tie. Making longer juggles would make the game go on for ever.

The first combo doing 100% damage, even airborn would deplete an hp bar way too fast. The following moves going down by % would finish itself still as being more damage and distance covered. Too easy to edge, to easy to end up im a corner over and over... specially way too easy to apply damage.

Being apple to “corkscrew” or to bounce up enemies by timing something like a .8 second is way to easy. A difficulty of some scrolls requiring delays, stepping with single punches is already existant and more difficult than just doing “KKP P P KKP KKKK” with muscle buster.

For reset rules, in 1v1 scrolls can kill you with 1 advance+1 juggle, 3-5juggles, etc. If an infinite reset was to happen, you got caught in a juggle, you used your panic, nanmu has either impacted your hp or not. Then again, most resets are skill based. Very specific positioning, having to both time the charge, delay of combo and timing of single punch to catch. I dont think resets should be nerfed inside and outside of 1v1. If your team doesnt help you, what skill is your team showing?

Slide kicking a airborn enemy to force the knockdown would be pointless. If you had launched the opponent, you could have applied a juggle for damage and drop him where you want with better control of your character to walk around and take advantage of pressure. You would be basically forcing the worst damage choice possible asides from trying to connect a panic to a launched opponent.... your team would hate you too. Slide kick to knockdown a standing opponent could be intresting however.

Now the final point, I believe the Introduction of RE skills was wrongfully done. There needs to be many adjustments done IMO. Making you chose between nanmu and RE skill would be a bad choice. Nanmu allows for advanced combos max damage, can get you off the ground quicker, bait people into panic.... so on. Its the logic choice. Most RE scrolls barely connect. The way it is with low HP, you have no pressure applied if it is that low and will most likely get grabbed if you block to try and use it. Way too much risk to run around and try to use it too, due to you being 1hit ko.

I believe that RE skills should be simular to an exocore gauge. Requires being charged and can be used once. Many scrolls should get a Re edition