[EVENT] Demolition Tournament

Discussion in 'Events' started by [GM]Toast, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Someone brought this up to my attention. I'll also discuss this with [GM]Toast.

Thank you.

2. Starberry

Thank you for your feedback. Anyone can actually sign up in the tournament. In the previous 1v1 tournament, the requirement was for you to be at least LV 15, but that limitation has been removed for this one I believe.

However, participants were selected via at random. Depending on the number of players that signed up, We previously allowed "replacements" or "reserved" spots but from this point on forward you can count that out. We'll be focused on moving forward from now on, no matter the circumstance. We were being lenient by doing this so that we can get some more action in, but it seems to do a lot more bad than anything based on players' feedback from HumoLoco for example.

We are learning about our mistake, and I understand the frustration in the way we have handled this. To tell you the truth, I am still a TA in training so I am learning as I go as well. The real issue here is that players sign up but they don't show up to their matches which does take some action away from the tournament. I hope in the future, players will be much more active so that we can minimize these incidents where players obtain "Free Wins" to the next round.

I will be speaking to [GM]Toast and at the end of the tournament, we'll make a thread dedicated to compile a bunch of player feedback no matter how harsh or constructive that criticism is so that we can reduce the number of mistakes we make through our tournaments. We will take all feedback very seriously and will consider each and every one of them.

If you have any further concerns, questions or rants, let me know : )

EDIT : If it's who I think you're talking about, we let her in. However, she lost today sadly.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    tamirtov and PerroLoco like this.
  3. PerroLoco

PerroLoco Member

Love that post.

Yall really learned lesson from the Humo. Good job.

Starberry likes this.
  4. Starberry

We let her in. Her IGN was Streetcar and she fought today. Like I said in my previous post, she lost today sadly.

Why it was limited to 64 is something I am not sure about. There's only so much time the GM team can steer away from their regular work duties. We were missing another TA which wasn't available due to personal issues and I plan to train this TA under myself if they are needed later on. There was I honestly believe that the biggest issue we have are players signing up but are just doing it for "participation" prizes.

When our thread that welcomes ALL feedback is available after the tournament, you will be free to post all of this stuff there, no matter how brutal some of them may be.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

5. Ilovecats

Ilovecats New Member

yeah I agree 100% I feel like I should have a rematch with someone who hasn't lost already. Equal rights matters!

Draygashi likes this.
  6. Exocore

Exocore Well-Known Member

Too many people avoiding fights til top. Although not many seconds, those bottom/mid fights and pressure points are crucial. I feel this wasn’t judged in this tournament.

Also, top should’ve been banned XD

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    iareahn likes this.
  7. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Sloppy

8. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

What we not gonna do is play with me. I didn’t “lose” I was played and I demand justice!

Owls got the everliving crap smacked out of him one round and his hp was GONE and then magically he ended up BEHIND ME, and edged me. You saw it, stream saw it, everyone saw it.

You even said “?” Cause you saw it as well.

Secondly he was eliminated round one, he shouldn’t even have been there. People have been allowed redos after they said their opponent lagged, but I don’t get the same justice? That’s unfair.

Owls?? Reservation? Yeah I think I made my point loud and clear.

I have no problem taking a loss but what I won’t take is blant disrespect and neglect. I’ll be awaiting a response.

PerroLoco and Draygashi like this.
  9. iareahn

iareahn Clean Up Crew

Shouldn’t be an issue if you know tricks and tactics around our home map. Most non-demoers have no idea what they’re doing besides running up nervously and panicking. Take advantage of that :)

Hercule likes this.
  10. alex8541

alex8541 Active Member

This tournament a joke. I was mad at why reservation got a rematch but now owls too?

U asked me earlier to elaborate. Well look at everything everyone said nothing positive came out of it. Who the **** gave YOU the TA position anyway. F****** unprofesional bum letting your boyfriends win sht they don’t deserve.

PerroLoco likes this.
  11. Akame

Akame Member

Friends my match against V was extremely laggy that is the only reason why I got a re-do, and i've won every other match fair and square just take ur W's or L's and move on there is a gw tourney coming up soon so prepare for that instead : D

12. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

LMAO so was mine, I want my redo like you got.

Period PERIOD PERRRRIODDDD

13. Akame

Akame Member

ahhhh idkaboutthat1

14. Starberry

We have already acknowledged our mistake on Owls but we will have no choice but to move on forward from this point on forward. As [GM]Toast has said, we will no longer consider re-dos and will not allow any replacement participants for future tournaments, no matter what the circumstance is.

I already responded to you already I believe in our previous interaction, saying that Reservation would NOT have been eligible for his re-do if there was no opponent for him to face in the first place, which was DeathScooby. On the other hand, if DeathScooby's opponent showed up, the match between Reservation and DeathScooby would not have happened in the first place and both players would have been both disqualified.

I have noticed players' feedback about any "favoritism" issues, so starting from yesterday's matches I have started spectating all matches on a separate account, where no personal PMs or conversations will be seen.

15. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

So now it’s no redos once it happens to me, LOL YOU PEOPLE IRRITATE ME.

16. PerroLoco

PerroLoco Member

No. I already told you. You and the redfox staff are screwed up. Make worst things yall could.

If yall dont want that again. Ask Humo. He teach y'all the best things he could taught yall.

17. Starberry

I am honored to be blessed of such wisdom from the the great HumoLoco.

tamirtov and PerroLoco like this.
  18. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

The decision was made before your match, not after. We messed up and admit to the mistake with Owls. I did think the ruling with Reservation and DeathScooby was appropriate, but rulings like that will no longer be the case if it will cause more issues than solutions. Re-entry and reserve/substitution brackets have been halted in this tournament and will no longer exist in any future tournaments. Unfortunately, we have to move on.

We have allowed everyone to join tournaments before, however we did not believe it was an optimal solution. Since we do not have enough people to spectate every match and continue our normal day to day operations, players had to schedule their own matches. We received many reports that players would manipulate their scores or lie about the communication that they had with their opponent, resulting in many things that we could not manually verify.

Random selection allows the rest of the users to have an equal chance at entering the tournament, while players who are active (on one account) will likely take preference due to their diligence in logging in game. We have had problems in the past where half the bracket didn't even bother showing up to the tournament, so we try to take active players over random players.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    PerroLoco and Starberry like this.
  19. PerroLoco

PerroLoco Member

Don't worry. HumoLoco still love y'all cuz he protecc all his children.

Keep up. You evolving mi french toast up a lot. Now what about the prizing to DeathScooby due to your huge mistake? Make a double prize for DeathScooby. That's only things I wanted. Cuz yall still owe da Humo.

I am fine with if you prize him this,

• Tournament Headband
    • Tournament Headband II
    • 500 RC

Starberry likes this.
  20. Nicki

Nicki Active Member

So since you are admitting Owls should’ve never been there then our match shouldn’t count. That’s the only fair solution and he shouldn’t be still in the tournament. He’s rightfully in my spot. You all are all against poor ol me because y’all dislike me. If you gonna sit here and say owls should’ve never been allowed back in the tournament then REVERSE THAT MATCH. period that’s the only fair thing to do. But knowing y’all, you won’t

Draygashi and PerroLoco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.