Kunlun rewamp problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuriaAlba, Feb 14, 2019.

1. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

http://forums.playredfox.com/index....n-to-heaven-of-spiritual-hermits.45320/page-4

Going by this update I would like to point out some of the problems that we have since the rewamp took place and still aren't addressed by now.

First problem is regarding 4 seals from the 4 deities [seal of white tiger, red phoenix, blue dragon, black tortoise]
    After killing thousands of both fallen blood sorcerers and furious deities and quite a couple corrupted and Rampaging mobs I can say they do not drop at all, the only way to get them is via the box in first village chief NPC trade, the list provided by GM's in the thread says they should drop -- should be fixed.

2nd problem is regarding what mobs drop what item of the new resources:

-Furious and Corrupted Blue Dragon drops: snake blood sorcerer plate, Symbol of Snake blood sorcerer
    -Furious and Corrupted White Tiger drops: Evil blood sorcerer plate, Symbol of Evil blood sorcerer
    -Furious and Corrupted Red Phoenix drops: Bead blood sorcerer plate, Symbol of Bead blood sorcerer
    -Furious and Corrupted Black Tortoise drops: Sword blood sorcerer plate, Symbol of Sword blood sorcerer
    -Fallen and Rampaging Sword blood sorcerer drops: Blessing of Black Tortoise
    -Fallen and Rampaging Bead blood sorcerer drops: Blessing of Phoenix
    -Fallen and Rampaging Evil blood sorcerer drops: Blessing of White Tiger
    -Fallen and Rampaging Snake blood sorcerer drops: Blessing of Blue Dragon

These should be adjusted so that they drop from their corect mob, this isn't a major problem but it would be quite natural that they would be adjusted accordingly.

3rd problem is regarding drop rates, specially aftere reaching a certain point in which the more rare items stop dropping all togheter.

So far if your band has level 5 drop rate and you get a 2x drop event you will no longer get rare items from Sacred/Furious/Fallen/Rampaging/Corrupted/Blood sorcerers.
    The problem might be because of the number of guaranteed normal drops as Elixirs and Enchantment stones and intact pieces obstructing the chance to get the lower chance items from said mobs. This needs a fix with a high priority.

I suggest the easier way of just removing Enchantment stones [7, 8, 9 and 10] and Elixirs [level 8, 9 & 10] since they can be obtained in a multitude of other places in the game therefore having no negative effect if they are removed, only positive.

Or just making it that one mob cannot drop more than 1 elixir and 1 stone at any given time. Currently a mob can give 3 elixirs [1 level 8, 1 level 9, 1 level 10] and all 4 enchant stones, 1 intact sealed bead piece, 1 intact storm bead piece, 1 sealed bead, 1 bead of storm, 1-5 spirit of kunlun, using up 12 drop slots out of what their respective maximum amount is.

Swim, Revered, Falcon and 1 other person like this.
  2. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Hi @FuriaAlba!

Regarding the 4 Deity Seals, they definitely drop but have a lower probability than other items.

Regarding problem #2, we have confirmed this issue and have included it in an official bug report for our developers.

Regarding problem #3, this is false. Regardless of how many items drop, each item still has it's own probability of dropping that isn't limited to a maximum amount of drops. Keep in mind that as it is RNG based, it is possible for you to obtain more or less drops regardless of the amount of drop rate increase you have.

3. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

The probability of getting a 'newer' item would depend on if its probability of success is checked before any of the older items with much higher rates.

• Emei Heaven Fruit
    • Diancang Tablet
    • Hengshan Liquid
    • Violet Clud Root
    • Qincheng Herb
    • Conqueror Fruit
    • Conqueror Tablet
    • Conqueror Liquid
    • Conqueror Root
    • Conqueror Herb
    • White Mountain Fruit
    • Four Hermit Tablet
    • Storm Dragon Liquid
    • Century Root
    • Golden God's Herb
    • Spirit of Kunlun
    • Sealed Bead
    • Sealed Bead (Medium)
    • Intact Piece of Sealed Bead
    • Bead of Storm
    • Intact Piece of Bead of Storm
    • Hidden Flame Wind's Weapon Box
    • Black Dragon's Weapon Box
    • Wild Tiger Weapon Box
    • Ginseng Digger's Speed Potion
    • Evil's Special Medicine
    • Blood Essence
    • Talisman of Blood Sorcerer
    • Mysterious Cineary
    • Piece of Bloody Orb
    • Fine Iron Nugget
    • Fair Iron Nugget
    • Good Iron Nugget
    • Enhancement Stone Levels 7-10
    • Unknown Letter 1-5
    • Essence of Demon Faced Spider
    • Teeth of Giant Rat
    • Feather of Phoenix
    • Solar Jade
    • Lunar Jade
    • Bead of Red Fox
    • Fox Tail
    • Tai Bai Jade
    • Blue Dragon Jade

The chance of obtaining a new item after searching through all of the above items first ends up being near 0% when the drop rate is increased during the weekends.

Yasumori and Swim like this.
  4. FuriaAlba

If seals drop, what exactly drops them? I have killed ~ 5000 furious mobs and ~2000 fallen mobs since rewamp and got 0 seals from mobs, but I got almost 200 combined, blood sorcerer symbols and quite a fair number of blood sorcerer plates and blessings in the process.

It's cool that problem 2 is going to get fixed, but like I said that's not so important in the long run.

As for problem 3, when there is no event I know how many items I usually get (symbols, plates, blessings) which are a couple in one hour but when 2x drop event starts I don't get one item during the entire event would you consider it normal? The idea is we as players don't know the exact nature of this problem we just know it's a problem and should be fixed.

P.S. As I already said removing enchant stones and elixirs can't have any negative outcome and I am sure the vast majority of the playerbase would really enjoy such a decision.

Ultim8sage, Swim and denteazul like this.
  5. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

Since the drops are messed up do the guardian decos currently drop from blood sorcerers?

6. Bankz

Bankz Active Member

It would really nice if we had a mob chart for KL that should the drops that ea mob/boss drops. Not too in depth but since the drops are mixed up, it would help us farm the right mobs for the drops we need. :D

7. [CM]NineArts

The rate events do still increase the amount of items dropped. We have even confirmed in our logs that more symbols and plates drop during our rate events than when they are off. As we have said, each item has a fixed probability and will drop based on that probability. It does not matter how many common items drop, as it does not effect the rare items probability of dropping. As the rare materials have a low probability of dropping, there may be weekdays in which you will obtain more of these items than during event times.

Also, although we may not be able to make those changes, we appreciate your feedback to remove enchantment stones and elixirs from drops.

8. [CM]NineArts

The decos are dropping from their respective deities.

9. [CM]NineArts

We don't know where you have obtained the information that the max amount of dropped items is 12, as there is no max items dropped. items will drop at any amount based on their probability of dropping.

Also, the fact is that these decos do drop from their respective deities, and they are not meant to be easy to obtain.

10. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

by respective deities are you talking about new furious/corrupted ones, or the old versions?

11. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I have dropped one plate during a x2 event with full band drop rate and no other drop boosts in all my time farming on event.
    off event same band drop and nothing else, at least 3 plate drops per hour. I don't bother farming kl on event anymore, way more productive for plate drops off event

12. FuriaAlba

You should test it, since it is quite easy to test yourself as a GM since you can do cap damage and can spawn any mob anywhere and also change rates as needed if you do it on your test server. Spawn 300 or more, Furious Blue Dragons during 3x event having band drop rate and see what items you get, stop 3x and use base rate with just band drop rate and see how items come then, you will see the difference is 3x will net you probably 0 special items in this simple test and probably 5-10 symbols/plate/deity books, I will also add that in the scenario of 3x event+100% drop rate from band and using a 2x dropc card you will get less Sealed bead (Medium) than without card. These kind of tests are real simple to do and see the problem, not just base yourself on DataSet files that don't show applied reality in the game

The problem is very important, because during weekends bands might reduce the drop rate attribute or let it at 0 just to get those items and weekends are generally the time when most people are online and actually playing therefore more items will drop cause of that. You say your logs show they drop during events, but did you go into detail as to what those respective players actual drop rate was? Did they have band drop rate at certain level, did they use other item drop rate items that change this outcome? It is very simple to say they drop during events but not looking into the problem in depth

It is not normal that increasing drop rate produces less important items and more junk items, I suggest you try studying this problem that players have said happens and not just try to base yourself on some logs that do not prove anything directly because players can and are actually doing changes to get those items.

You also did not tell me what exactly drops seals of deities? Besides the box in the first village in Kunlun.

Also, it would be hard to believe that removing enchant stones and elixirs can't be done, specially when such a suggestion isn't negative by any shape or form and it would be even better if a poll would be set to see if players really want such a thing to happen, specially if there would be ingame anouncements to make people come on forum to cast their vote on the matter.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Swim likes this.
  13. FuriaAlba

Sacred bosses drop level 1 decos with very small chance.

14. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Isn't there also more people grinding those mobs during the weekend than the weekdays?

Can you show us a video of you getting more than 12 separate item types from a single mob? Without including any event or global drops.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  15. Nekolady313

Nekolady313 Member

Stacking to much drop rate, has all ways been a major bug in 9Dragons, have you guys never tested this problem onces? more will drop on events bec thats the only time most of the servers farm... you have to test the same number of ppl on and off event, and not alot know about the drop rate bugs, that you get from over stacking. lets look at say KL white tigers you wil get much more skins off event, then you would on 3x bec every other drop 100% just replaces all the skin drops.

denteazul likes this.
  16. FuriaAlba

I don't know what bussines deal they have with the developers, given the fact that by their own demand they had white side overlord have less hp in the past so that BvW would be balanced for the low white side population, also the fact that we have a different deco system compared to KR cause we are the "improved 9dragons version" and also having every other collection event changed to different standards compared to KR, x-mas event is just one of such examples can prove that their hands are not tied.

Development gives what they ask/pay for just that they don;'t bother testing that much or efficiently as they should, case in point the subject in this topic in which all 3 of the problems I speak of only 1 is recognized by staff and that's just cause they can see a spreadsheat showing that it's a problem, other 2 are based of a spreadsheat also, no test done to see if there's a problem or not.

PlayeR, Fannypack and denteazul like this.
  17. FuriaAlba

I believe we do need a response regarding this drop rate problem, have you guys done any tests besides looking on your logs? Do you believe that players only imagine there's a problem when there isn't?

Because you believe RNG is such a huge factor to our problem, which players don't, I believe you should do a test that eliminates RNG and pretty much showcases the problem in which I recommend the following test case that will illustrate the problem more clearly.

Kill a set number of any Fallen blood sorcerer mob [Fallen Bead Blood Sorcerer, Fallen Sword Blood Sorcerer, Fallen Snake Blood Sorcerer, Fallen Evil Blood sorcerer], I recommend 100, you can do more if you have the time, kill them in the following conditions:
    -no drop event, level 5 band atribute Increase Item Drop Chance and no other Drop Rate increase stats on any other item.
    -2x drop event, level 5 band atribute Increase Item Drop Chance and no other Drop Rate increase stats on any other item.
    -3x drop event, level 5 band atribute Increase Item Drop Chance and no other Drop Rate increase stats on any other item.

During each of the 3 conditions count how many Freak Ghost Wine and Blood Enchant Wraps you get. From my experience you will get way more during no drop event condition and very few during 3x drop event condtion.

I will be waiting for a response regarding this test enquiry with your results and conclusion.

Ozbud likes this.
  18. FuriaAlba

Aparently the easiest way to fixing something is ignoring it until it goes away. Thanks NineArts!

19. [CM]NineArts

We apologize for the delay in our response.

It is in our intention to review the rates of drops during our events, however, before we do so, we would like to make sure all monsters are dropping the correct items, in which we are currently testing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in the mean time.

20. FuriaAlba

Sounds good.