Just came back.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GarethDarkmourne, Jan 24, 2019.

1. GarethDarkmourne

GarethDarkmourne New Member

So, I just came started playing again and so much has changed I just decided to start a new character. I'd like to make either a ck hyb or a nuker, but with all the changes I don't know if I can start as ck from when I pick the role or if I would need to wait till a little higher. Can any one let me know if I can start as ck or if I should wait?

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend going CK if you're starting fresh with no pre-farmed gear. Your best bet is to go melee in whichever role appeals to you, and farm up some gear before trying a CK character.

3. GarethDarkmourne

I do have a bit of gear. I played when it first came to this publisher for a bit but had to stop when my computer died on me. My gear isn't anything spectacular, basic relics and some old def gear. My main concern though is the skill revamp and how I would have 1 maybe 2 nukes till I leveled a bit. I guess another concern I have is farm speed. What farms fastest now?

4. GarethDarkmourne

ok so, can maybe afford a fraction of that. so I assume that means bad idea to go ck till later. so then I guess go healer or warrior correct?

5. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

u can start ur toon as ck...

u will have to use basic melee skills to grind though... until u get decent bracers...

and atleast flag of chaos.. all dungeon plates and rbk, and blue banner ex...

6. GarethDarkmourne

yea, that figures. I guess ill just make a healer or warrior for now and once I can get the gear I need either role change or make a new toon for ck. That brings up a different set of questions though, are the clans balanced now as far as wep and stuff or is BoT/Shao still ahead dmg wise for main wep?

7. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

you don't need to.. u can start as ck and use warrior weapons lol... just make 1 bracer and 1 spear or pole.... and learn the bambo village skills

thats all u need..

BlondICE likes this.
  8. BlondICE

BlondICE Active Member

agree with this!

9. GarethDarkmourne

I ended up going healer for now. only RL5 atm so I can still switch, which I may before fd so I don't have to spend a lot for a pill. With the xp event atm it takes no time to level. ill make my decision here in about another 20 mins once I hit the cb for fd.

10. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

That's a good plan. So long as you don't do your chi breathing to progress into FD, you can probably still get the NPC quest to change your role.

Just a warning on melee Vs CK. A CK hybrid may have an easier time grinding GCM green and red since you can nuke them from afar. Melee roles tend to have a harder time since the mobs deal a great deal of EWs because they are red to you. Do pack some EW pills when you grind in GCM after FC

11. GarethDarkmourne

always.