RF Diary: Chapter 5 - PANIC! Getting BANNED, causing a riot, and creating a new identity ~SamWay

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Comoros, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

Fifth entry to SamuraiWay's RF Diary

Some time in early-mid 2009, 2009.
    I
    WAS
    BANNED...

Oh yes it was so. There was a period of time when Rclimbing became famous... and it was deemed okay to do at first, but eventually it was chalked up as a glitch and was a bannable offense. The first offense for glitching back then was an automatic ban. So... one day I was playing and Rclimbed in Glacier Cove... and [GM]Over9000 was watching me play. He saw with his own eyes that I rclimbed. In the middle of the game I had no idea... but when I got back into the game lobby, the GM message showed up in the lobby and said something among the lines "blueblur95 you're banned". Immediately after the message I got disconnected. I thought this was a coincidence... I tried to log in. "The server cannot be reached". I tried again. "The server cannot be reached". Oh my god... I just got banned... and I spent my first $25.00 of astros two weeks ago on xero discus ;-;

I was mad! Enraged! I was so..!! SAD...
    So I did what any kid would do in this situation... take to the forums and complain to try to find unwarranted justice and unban my account. Well, [GM]Over9000 wasn't having any of it after my first 4 threads and just banned my forum account. Yikes. I probably should have quit at this point, it would have saved me a bunch of time/money later down in RF's life... but nevertheless I persisted.

I created a new account. What would my name be? I wanted to stop being assocaited with such a "Sonic" identity and reinvent myself... So I went with a speedracer identity and named myself Spritle! I actually have a screenshot of the morning after I got banned and when I attempted to add all of my old friends:
    [​IMG]

With my new account, I was on a mission. I wanted to cause a riot. I thought it was unfair that I got banned without warning for Rclimbing while it wasn't well advertised that it is considered a glitch. I was silenced by a technicality... The first mention of this was in a thread by [GM]Panda. One measly post sealed my fate. Now I know RF GMs, no matter the publisher, **** at communication, but this really blazes since my account was on the line. At this point in time, I decided to be a follower of rules and to uphold them as best as I can. This led me to begin reporting people that I found glitching. I remember when I would be playing demolition and when somebody stayed in the safe zones. I reported them! I really wanted EVERYBODY to feel the punishment I felt for something so minor. This formed my new identity. A ruthless law/order abider that made sure nobody else stepped out of line. People hated it. People hated me. But in my little minor mind, I wanted justice.

This attitude actually led to such a weird situation where I was playing moonlight valley with the number 1 player at the time - Zerzavy. He Rclimbed in my game. The VERY GLITCH THAT GOT ME BANNED IS NOW BEING DONE BY THE TOP PLAYER. I wanted justice. I wanted vengeance. I... reported him. It was actually very weak evidence. However, apparently [GM]Panda was in the game watching him... He didn't ban him on the spot, but after I reported Zerzavy, the GM admitted he was in the game. Makes me kinda wonder why he wasn't banned on the spot like I was. Anyway, he got banned, went on the forums, tried to appeal the ban... Also tried to take me down with him. After Zerzavy got banned, I became known as the stickler for rules. People hated that, and people hated me.

I decided to be more helpful than how I was in my troll-y past. I tried to leave that behind. A new account was the perfect opportunity for it anyway. This was only reinforced when OGP decided to introduce something new - CAs. This became a significant thing in my life and I did my best to become a CA. This actually shaped my personality. I sincerely think so if it weren't for the CA position and my desire to become one, I would not have become what I am today. But more on that later.

Up next: RF Diary: Chapter 6 - The CA position, dedication to RF, and some unfortunate trolls. ~SamWay

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. YagoomiBisen

YagoomiBisen Well-Known Member

lmfaoooo

classic series

1ofBJJsbannedacc likes this.
  3. LightsOut

LightsOut Member

Is anyone actually reading this? For real... do a poll or something haha you won't

4. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

It’s a good read. Give it a chance!

1ofBJJsbannedacc likes this.
  5. Comoros

i post these with the expectation that nobody would read them

doston8 and 1ofBJJsbannedacc like this.
  6. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Please stop.

HumoLoco likes this.
  7. Comoros

no

8. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Your diaries are entertaning to read, don't listen to the haters -- keep going!

YTSaugaGaming likes this.
  9. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Good things is that GM Over9000 banned you cuz he predicted your life that he knew you have no deserve to in that CA position.

GM Over9000 is the god.

doston8 likes this.
  10. YTSaugaGaming

YTSaugaGaming Clean Up Crew

Where is chapter 6!!! Its been way to long:(:(

Maomi and Nooblater like this.