Game Economy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DandyGazebo, Oct 18, 2018.

1. DandyGazebo

DandyGazebo New Member

Hey guys,

[in Tao server]

I'm a veteran plater from the Acclaim days and just rejoined after many years. I have a few questions.

1) Events/Buffs. It took me 40 minutes to get from LS1 - OC6 due to the ridiculous GM and Carnival of Souls Essence buff that seemed to just keep coming back.

Are buffs of this nature regular now, and should the first 50-60 levels be easy to reach? I remember pouring weeks into grinding my way to 50.

2) Economy - most of my questions.

I've been trying to gain a sense of what today's items go for in the market (Not the 99 million items I see some posts about, but about the demand of Blood of Sleeping Dragon/Crouching, etc. Items that Newbie relies on to get richer). I've noticed already item drop rates have increased - from Blood of Sleeping Dragon's to weapons. At the same time my trip to Hefei showed the market is inflated with high prices. I have a few questions, if someone could help me figure out these supply demand questions, that would be great.
    1. Is there a community post that sheds light in what a newb needs to know for the economy? If not, what strategy should a new player use to grow in in-game wealth?

2. Are completing Collectibles/Resources a viable way to increase your characters wealth in a meaningful way?

3. At what level does the market become actually approachable, given the drop rates and current prices?

Sorry for the long post, thanks.

2. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Leveling is easy now, as long as you have the gear to do it. It will get more difficult to get levels later on if you don't have gear or a friend to power level you. The server CoS buff is from the current event, and the GM buffs have been frequent recently.

I'm not sure what you mean by Blood of Sleeping/Crouching Dragon, since those are refine materials for +1 and +2 which can be bought from the General Merchant in Hefei. There's weekend long events on RF, so x2 normally or x3 on national US holidays. All exp, skill, and drop rates are added during the events. Prices for items is high because basically every thing you 'want'/'need' gear wise is obtained via the marketplace. There isn't much to spend your gold on outside of trading to another player, so gold is hard to trade with for end game items.

There isn't really any 'post' for the economy, and Collectibles/Resources are useless currently. They were viable a few months ago, but now that the Illusive Branch and GCM update have come out there's no reason to bother. If you want to quickly obtain gold, you can easily sell other players Illusive Branches from the marketplace. To gain gold in game without spending money takes more effort, and mostly comes from the newest content. You can sell items from the current Halloween event, Potala Palace gear, or the new NSIP dungeon drops. At your level though, best bet is to stick to selling your Halloween Candy.

DandyGazebo likes this.
  3. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

For now there's a halloween event that spawns a monster in Hefei, when killed server gets a buff. We usually get GM buff on weekends or in the evening (EU time). LS-FC is pretty Quick, after that it start getting slow until you can gear up and run revamped dungeons.

Goldwise, just pick up all the weps that drop and NPC them all. You'll be able to make Money by grinding CCD when you hit H/PS. That's the gate to making a bank as a F2P, after that you'll grind KL for seal bead mediums and jades to make Money.

If you find CCD boring you can stay at H12 and farm weps drop in Tibet first village, a weekend should net you about 300kk, this way you also farm Points for your hero League.

DandyGazebo likes this.
  4. DandyGazebo

DandyGazebo New Member

Thanks for all the info. The Creeping Dragon Q is stupid on my part, I was thinking back when Blood Essence would go for 1mil. Looooong time ago.

5. Alexsandor

Alexsandor Member

Well, enjoy the Halloween event, just for being 5h online you get 20 sweets, you can sell those for 5kk up to 10kk (I am selling at 5 to sell fast) so you can buy some stuff, I recommend relics, a Bead of Frost (BoF) or a Flag and RBK (buy this pair or at least the flag) and some dungeon Bead Plates, they are kinda cheap and if the sweet price dont drop too much you can have all of it in 2 or 3 days. Also buy one of those Gale decos 5~10kk it will boost your dps till a high level. About clothes you can make the Superior set from dungeons (press F11 check resource and create tabs) this will take you far enough to learn about everything else ingame.

Edit: Did you complete the quests in Bamboo village? you get an item that you can exchange for a nice weapon, and doing RTDs you earn dragons statues to upgrade it

DandyGazebo and sjobeckion like this.
  6. DandyGazebo

DandyGazebo New Member

Yeah I did that quest and got the statue, I noticed in the collectibles they are used but sounds like Collectibles are not worth pursuing?

Thanks for the advice,

7. Alexsandor

Alexsandor Member

Collectibles no, you can do them for fun, most are useless or weaker stuff than you can find in the resource and create tab. In doubt always go to Hefei and look at everything for a time, it is good to learn the price of stuff and what has any worth or not.

I dont know if you noticed but now in the items there are a (?) in the right upper corn of the description. There you can see if it is used in resources or creations. Check always that you have any doubt if it is usefull or not. Check the dragon statues and go making your weapon. Young-Jade-Black-True Dragon Statues, in this order, the last weapon is good enough to take you quite far. You also got some Big Tiger statue, you can trade it for begginers clothes, but if you feel like you are too low in def but have some gold you can use an instant travel (press E) to Tibet - Bai Tribe Village, there you can buy a 400 def set in the Drapery (jacket and pants) it has 3 pockets only but it is a big help.

DandyGazebo likes this.
  8. Tondang

Tondang New Member

About game economy, if Redfox do not intervene timely, this game is going to collapse very soon. The game economy is totally disaster now, as long as Tao is concerned, i am not sure about other servers. I'm also veteran 9D player, playing since 2006 Closed Beta of Acclaim, GC, G1 etc. This publisher seems to be the only one who do not care about game economy and also who allows Selling/Buying in-game currency (Golds) and items using real money between players. WHat I observed is, Golds are almost useless now. Players are not ready to sell OP items specially, +14 and above Repel/Wave weapons and OP relics for golds, they are asking for real money in USD. There is a 9D page in Facebook where you can find almost all members selling/builg Golds and items for real money and I'm sure GMs do know about it. That's why I presumed it is legal in this version of 9D. Game economy is not controlled. If something is not done timely, this game is going down.

9. ThienToanNguyen

ThienToanNguyen Active Member

I agree with Tondang !!! IJust need to add some more points
    1. After Illusive Branchs Released, the economy was not stable anymore. WHY? Branchs is more addictive than anything before, it drops a ton of good stuffs, you can summon bosses, play with them and see good items drop from them, that feeling is so good. And the problem here every body love branchs. They trade everything for Branchs, GOLD has been losing its role, Branchs is a new currency here, it getting more and more serious.

2. Where do people burn gold? No where. After branchs release, server is saturated really fast, people get what they want easier, but they are still making gold every day, so the Inflation becomes a big problem. Even you hold a lot of GOLD on hand, you can not buy VIP items

3. Tondang, you are right about 9D page in Facebook, but how can you stop it? there is always a black market somewhere. The only thing redfox can do now is MAKING GOLD more available, MAKING THIS GAME LESS "PAY TO WIN". People can farm for items, for gold and trade golds for stuff. I have gave them alot of idea to fix it, lets see what will they do.

dixbutts likes this.
  10. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

Totally right from you, having a lot of gold is a trouble right now, I cant even buy an ex bead with 100b in TAO? Why? The sellers want $ and at least 300$ per bead.
    Gold for now can only trade to branches then trade to items that you want.
    USD > Branches >>>>>>>>>> gold

dixbutts likes this.
  11. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Pin this sh1t :D

dixbutts likes this.
  12. ThienToanNguyen

I'm the one who have played more than 30 stacks branchs. I also trade beads for CC. WHY. Cause I dont wanna take gold, 100bil gold today I can buy 250 branchs, 1 more week, 100bil = 125 branchs. Better I go for CC and buy the exact amount I want. I only need branchs, I dont need anything else and I know Top Players have the same feeling. They play branchs for beads and trade beads for branchs, if they trade Beads for GOLD, they will have less and less branchs to play :D. And this GAME is all about cc right now. It can cause the big issue soon if Redfox dose not take action.

13. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

I knew from the day i started 3 months ago that this would eventually happen. Branches are breaking gameplay. Remove them from IM. or make them free. or just close down this damn server. But i guess thats what the teaser about KL update was all about. I expect some radical changes to be done.

14. Eshibi

Eshibi New Member

Totally agreed! The point is, people who buy or sell golds or items are not wrong, its the only way for non CC user to be able to buy CC. Redfox should do something to make the game play better and fair for everyone. People who can spend real money, let them spend and by making CC items tradable, people who cant afford real money can also get CC items by spending more time in game and farming. This would be totally fair. But at the present situation, Redfox is only gaining profit and not caring about the player community, this is where the problem started.

15. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Really, 30 stacks? So RF should carry you on their hands every day and sing how they love You.

30 stack = 7650 Branches
    7650 Branches = 695,45 sets of 11 pieces from IM
    695,45 sets * 2900 Credits = 2 016 805 Credits
    2 016 805/62500 (max RFC You can buy for $499,99) = 32,27

Finally it is for RF:
    32,27*499,99 = $16 134,67

I personally salute You. Because of You RF earned 16 grand (doesn`t matter who bought credits). As a person who spent $15 so far I wish there will be one or two more ppl like You, so I can still play almost free.

KaMiguel likes this.
  16. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Lol this is a very nice way to say if someone doesnt have all 100% in their head;D
    EDIT: Atleast that is how i interpret it :D

ThienToanNguyen and Revered like this.
  17. ThienToanNguyen

i have more than 100% in my head. I'm far more than free to play, I'm making alot profit with branchs :D. With full drop opt on all relics and x2 card and band attributes, event x2 and so on...I drop like 1-2 Ex beads every stacks and mostly cover the price of 1 stack branchs with ton of norm beads, x10 MGC, x5 MGC, TS 200 and alot of other stuffs.

Attached Files:

18. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

19. sjobeckion

sjobeckion Member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  20. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member