Vagabond is not a viable role anymore...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elsikerins, Oct 13, 2018.

?

Do vagabonds deserve to be able to wear GCM/SrS Clothings

1. Yes

2. No

3. Additional Vagabond exclusive clothes should be added

4. No opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Hello. It has been a dream of mine to start a vagabond for quite a long time, and i wanted to play it as legitimately as possible.
    • Avoiding Dungeons for super high experience rates
    • Avoiding powerlevel
    • Only grinding in normal maps and so on
    So i started my vagabond charracter. And really soon i already hit the first wall. Relics. I had no clothes to gear myself up with. Yeah im low lvl, i get it. so i broke my rule number 1 to lvl myself to CS10 at GCM For one of the better clothings. So i did. I am CS10 and ready to put on my new rags. And that is where i realise another and most unpleasant thing. I cannot wear the clothes. They are the right gender, right level for me to wear them. Nope. Still not wearing them. Why ? This here is why...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yeah. These clothes are 2nd role exclusive, thus since i am a vagabond. i cannot wear them. So im stuck up with this 400 def set for a moment. Which honestly... is utter garbage (aint acclaim). So yeah. first decent set i can wear, is Blood Sorcerer one. it's at Heavens Gate 9. That's a lot of grind with obsolete cof voh sets if i wish to keep myself to my rules from now on. So. as i see it now.
    • Vagabond cannot use many skills
    • Vagabond suffer from stats (they dont receive as much from assigning stat points)
    • Vagabond just like opposite clans - cannot be buffed
    • Vagabond cannot wear decent clothes.
    If it wasn't for my starter kit relics. It would be impossible task to level it to Heavens Gate 9 for first decent set to use...
    For those of you's who say vagabond isn't meant to be played...Then it shouldn't be available, you would be forced to join one out of nine clans. So essentially vagabond was meant to be in the game. But why must Tenth Dragon suffer such penalties?
    You guys nerf it as if it has ever been a powerful role...
    I left a poll up so i can know what you guys think.
    GM/CM/Dev i wish to see your insight on this matter.
    Behold The Glory of The Nameless One

waguero likes this.
  2. bellrang1

bellrang1 New Member

There was a huge acclaim event about vagabonds ages ago.
    They were pretty good too.
    Of course, with all the new content and expansions to this game scene then, they're not worth it.

It was never intended, but possible, to of kept playing as one.
    Part of the reason why, all these problems you are facing come into play.

Early Acclaim days, you had to pick and start at a clan base to play. You could leave and continue on like normal. However, you were given only those quests for the clan. Once you picked, you could not change clans or do any quests anywhere. Including side-type quests unless you made a new character.

On a different note, it's a type of story strategy that is very common it tons of games. Without going into a story of explaining, simply/ generally put...

You can only go so far with your own power, The current world "problems" unintentionally involves you and forces you to pick a path, etc..

3. Evantor

Evantor Member

While I love vagabonds, they were never intended to be a viable role. The whole point of the option was to be difficult. If you choose to be a vagabond, then I admire that but it's going to be really hard and youll always get beat by someone who is in a clan.

4. Elsikerins

Elsikerins Active Member

Pretty much i must be few notches above them in relics :D but on equal gears i do understand that i will be beaten. Well i will just have to make a do with what i can :D