Game won't launch on win 10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TwitchyNinja, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TwitchyNinja

TwitchyNinja New Member

I have win 10 64 bit. When I run the NDLAUNCHER nothing happens, and when I run the one called NINEDRAGONS I get the game guard stuff to come up and do it's thing but then nothing happens. I have tried all compatibility modes and the same issue. No error messages or anything.

2. Spices

Spices Member

yea that happens alot restart pc and try agian but use the NINEDRAGONS file instead.... thats the one i have to use on my win 8.1 (HATE 10)

Delete game guard folder try launcher , if not try the other one

sometimes launcher will work, after reboot

3. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Nine Dragons Awaken.

Before running the game, make sure to add all PlayRedFox, Nine Dragons Awaken, and Nprotect GameGuard files to the exception list of your anti-virus and or firewall. Usually when your launcher doesn't launch, that means it's being blocked by your firewall/anti-virus.

4. TwitchyNinja

TwitchyNinja New Member

So I uninstalled AVG earlier (antivirus I was using) and switched back to standard windows defender. I restarted my pc and was able to get into the game. I logged out after a little while then when I came back now I am having the same issues agian. I am kind of firewall dumb, so I am not really sure how to add exceptions for all of that stuff. I am really confused why it worked before and not now after nothing new has changed.

5. [CM]NineArts

upload_2018-10-2_15-38-20.png
    Find this option.

Another window will pop up.
    Click the "Change settings" button
    then click "Allow another app..."
    Then locate your launcher in the PlayRedFox folder.

6. TwitchyNinja

TwitchyNinja New Member

I have done all of that and still the same issues. If I reboot my pc and launch the game within about 30 seconds of logging in to windows it launches with no problems. If I wait until the booting process is completely then no luck.

7. [CM]NineArts

This may mean that some program that launches upon booting up your PC is conflicting with your GameGuard client. Try closing any if not all other background applications before running Nine Dragons Awaken.