Rumble Fighter spiritual successor.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheDL6Incident, Sep 30, 2018.

1. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Hi guys.
    So as some of you already know, I’m planning on a project for a game to succeed Rumble Fighter (more development updates in 2019), and I need your input.

What can I do to improve on RF’s formula while keeping this project at least somewhat original?

One of the big selling points for me when I got into this game was the different Scrolls and ExoCore overdrive transformations. I wanted to have something similar to this in my project. I was thinking instead of having “transformations”, these “Exocores” would take the place of scrolls. Each weapon would have their own set of combos and specials and ultimate ablilities.

What should the maps be like?

What should stats be like?

What about the plot? Why is everyone fighting and where do all these crazy weapons and powers come from?

What should the game modes be like?

What items would you like to see? (Like food and arena weapons)

What kind of weapons/combat styles/characters would you like to see?

What the character customization be like?

What about clans/factions/guilds?

What about the lobby, channels, and the general UI?

What about the shop?

What mechanics should be in the game?

All of your ideas and input would be appreciated.

2. KatnissEverdeene

KatnissEverdeene New Member

I think they should make an option to make your character completely nude, that might help by a long shot.

3. ChromeBro

ChromeBro Active Member

no mouse control.

4. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Make things being able to drop like in mmorpgs , you can spend money and get it right away or you can grind to get something

5. lordpablo

lordpablo Well-Known Member

I feel like almost everyone on this forum tries to be funny but it unsuccessful most of the time

iwannatouchgirls likes this.
  6. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

I just want Rumble Fighter with:
    • Paid items that do not not provide competitive advantage. Cosmetic only. Convenience only.
    • No Bonus Stats. None from clothes, enchant gems, Avalons, and etc.
    • Remove everything related to enchant gems and Avalon.
    • Updated graphics.
    • Regular game balance updates and changes.
    • Scrolls and Exocores available to purchase using freely earned game currency and paid currency. Scrolls and Exocores should only be purchased with real money for convenience. No more rare Scrolls and Exocores.
    • Regular Scrolls and Exocore balance updates and changes.
    • Remove Scrolls and Exocores with similar, updated kits and just keep one updated scroll. Example: Jujitsu SE should be removed and Jujitsu should be updated with Jujitsu SE's kit. (There are a lot of altered versions of the same Scrolls and Exocores. Unnecessarily flooding the game).
    • Release outfits in full packages as well as individual item pieces for both freely earned game currency and paid currency. (Possible price increases to compensate all Scrolls and Exocores being readily available for both free currency and paid currency).
    • Remove loot boxes from the game permanently.
    • Make timed clothing and accessories permanent.
    • True Battle should be a toggle option in battle mode rooms rather than it's own game mode.
    • Remove Precision mode (lol).
    • Remove Classes and add skin colors.
    • Remove double panics and the extra panic pouch item.
    • Remove titles floating over characters in game. Instead, incorporate them into a fighter's profile instead. Or just completely remove them entirely.
    • One company that both develops and manages their game.
    • No Rumble Fighter Battle Royale.
    • Add Stat tracking. Eliminations, Deaths, Assists, Score/EXP, and etc.
    • Make Boss Mode easier to complete. Make Boss Mode loot more rewarding.
    :oops:

7. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

>Exocores as the fighting styles...
    Please no. That's just Get Amped 2, man. The point of the Exocore was to change up your play-style mid-fight while giving you access to some powerful moves at the cost of being unable to use your nanmu until you take off the exocore. They merely got too powerful, and were made more of a snowballing mechanic, since dealing damage gives you CP (Change Points? Change Power? Whatever, but that's the term that RF actually uses) more than getting hit, so someone who's dealing a lot of damage would then be able to deal even more damage by using their Exocore.

I like how RF is currently with the exception(s) of:
    • Classes being meaningless due to everyone being able to get OP stats via loot box clothing and avalon drivers, along with the TON of "all-class" exocores and scrolls. Half of these "All-class" items need to be redistributed to specific classes that make sense for them. (I still can't understand why Ghost Claw is a robotic tiger and is given to Soul Fighters who don't use machines. If anything, that should have been an Alchemist or Android exocore, or made into a spectral tiger, or shared between those three classes, or something.)
    • The instability of the menus causing the game to crash at random points whenever you change an item in the waiting room.
    • Non-default classes being left to rot for YEARS before getting a SMALL update. = -=
    • So many loot boxes with so many overpowering, rare scrolls and exocores.
    • Crutch items (2x panic, Back Guards, Revive items, etc.) not giving you some sort of penalty for using them (be it stats or something else) (example: revive items could make you take 1.25x more damage since you're given a free revive/ 1.12x more damage taken for the 50% revives) At least the air recovery move can make you super vulnerable if you use it wrong.
    • The Developers lack crucial community communication skills.
    • The shop items are all over-priced for what they are.
    • The fact that we can't see ping DURING matches.
    • The fact that we can not reconnect to the RF servers in-game and instead have to reboot the game.
    • The fact that we can not SEE when we disconnect when in the lobby or closet, so have to join a room to find out.
    • The fact that the game doesn't force you to watch the opening cinematic so it can load everything it needs to load so you can just jump straight into the game instead of being forced to go to training first so you don't waste everyone's time with your "first load."
    • The fact that Room masters are decided by who gets 1st place in a match instead of just staying with whoever made the room.
    • The boss modes not being geared towards FUN grinding since every exocore that becomes good for it gets nerfed into oblivion. Instead of nerfing the exocores to lower the rate people got carats, they could have just cut the resell value of the BM boxes in half. = -=
    • The Event Boss maps are horribly dull due to forcing one gimmick or another, or making the boss super irritating to deal with like the Pirate boss.
    • The fact that they still can't make maps as good as Moon or Glacier despite all of our suggestions.
    • The fact that possibly good maps are hindered by the graphics.
    • The fact that the game's stuck in 800x600 resolution when in menus, and 1024x760 for battles with no options to fix this.
    • all the clothing clipping issues, and capes that spaz out every so often and stretch across the screen.
    • The lack of true Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 support.
    • The plaza being utterly useless and did nothing but break the game's spawn system some how for all the other maps when it was introduced.
    • The fact the game does nothing to hide player IPs from those with the means to currently see them. Freakin' DDOS brats.
    • The fact that the tutorial doesn't go over all the game mechanics just because Nanmus aren't unlocked until level 15, and the air panic is brand new.
    • The fact that levels don't matter past 25.
    • The fact that levels aren't tied to the classes and are nothing more than a general measure of how much time you've spent on RF.
    • The fact that $$$ scrolls and exocores are just so blatantly better than carat items within a similar price tier. (example: Jeet Kun Do, the cheapest RC scroll, absolutely destroys Street, the cheapest carat scroll, and the only thing that saves street is if you're an expert with Street versus a mid-level Jeet user.)
    • The fact that Rare scrolls, and rare VERSIONS of scrolls, have been becoming more and more powerful and un-fun to fight against.
    • The fact that Team Battles become so one-sided so quickly, especially if ONE PERSON disconnects. This is due to the fighting system not being tailored towards fighting multiple opponents at once from both sides without using scrolls with absurd hitboxes that make them stupid to fight in free-for-alls.
    • Exocores that have giant AoE moves that aren't nerfed against players but get nerfed against Bosses. (A16P, for example)
    • Holiday Events that give clothing that everyone but Androids can wear. (No Festive / Spooky / Lovely / Green sets for us. QQ)
    • The fact that Nimonix is slowly giving Android things to Humans through other exocores, and that they gave the humans out powersuits and boss mode sets THEN DIDN'T GIVE US THOSE ITEMS TOO. D:<
    • (There's probably a few more things I can think of, but this list has gone on long enough.)
    The rest of the game is fine. :3

Oh, uh, if you want advice for your own RF-like game, then I suggest making the maps accommodate for the type of fighting system you use.
    If you use RF's juggling system and easy 3 button fighting system with 8 players max, then I suggest making maps that are adequate for 2 - 8 players, that are asymmetrical, and with plenty of terrain height and variance. Don't make maps like Fort or Dos for normal battles with very small amounts of playable area and little to no walls, unless you're going to make a mode like RF's Arena mode, or make a Lives Stock system like what Smash Bros has.

Symmetrical maps are fine for Team Battles, so I suggest you split the two design types between the two game modes. (No one plays singles Glacier or Teams Moon, ya know.)

Stage hazards are okay, like breakable walls, boxes, barrels, etc. or little damage traps that don't knock you down, but be sure to make a toggle for them.

Hp / Sp recovery items that spawn in should have a dedicated button to picking them up instead of the Punch button (or the Kick or Guard button). In RF, for example, it should be the B button not the X button. :v

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    tamirtov and iwannatouchgirls like this.
  8. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

The selling point of this game for me was the dress up, simple/easy keyboard control, and free to play/free to buy dress-up clothes. Plus all the events that gave free currency and rares so i don't have to spend money on this game.

tamirtov and Draygashi like this.
  9. TheDL6Incident

I see.
    So I should keep a transformation style of combat similar to exocores then, the change up the pace of a battle.
    I do have quite a few ideas for some exocores. But I’ll have to come up with a name other than “ExoCores” and “Scrolls” since I’m not trying to 100% clone rf or anything like that.

tamirtov likes this.
  10. TheDL6Incident

I also think I will do away with classes. But I will have to come up with a way to change up stats without needing classes like Striker for high damage or Alchemist for high armor.

rfSexy likes this.
  11. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Well, instead of "Scrolls" and "Exocores", you could go simple and call them "Styles" and "Weapons."
    You could use "Heroes" or "Champions" instead of "Classes" where the base form of the class would look like a specific character, but you'd get plenty of options for customization specific to that hero, with some times being shared between two similar heroes. I'd say leave "all-character" items as special event items or something, and be sure if you call them "All-Character" items that they're wearable by ALL characters.

Example: The glass cannon hero "Alastair" is a high damage, high speed hero who excels in getting in powerful blows against opponents very quickly, but can not handle getting hit. This hero is best suited for using the hit-and-run type Styles and Weapons. He is not suitable for beginners.

Also, if you have an Android-type hero, I'd instantly buy/play that game, just sayin'. :3

tamirtov likes this.
  12. TheDL6Incident

I haven’t come up with names but I did have some ideas for the possible 5 main classes. I can’t say there would be an “android” class by itself, but rather a mix between android and alchemist. Now, if you wanted to look like a robot or a cyborg, that could be remedied with skins or clothing.

13. rfSexy

rfSexy Art Potato & Clean Up Crew

I would love no classes.!1 I don't like the restricted use of items on different classes
    (It made sense on RF when it first started out due to how difficult it was to raise stats, but now you can get whatever you want on any class so it's pretty pointless AKA easy access to stats ruined the uniqueness of the class).

If you want characters to look different just make customization options: skin, animation, etc. as you've mentioned.
    But i'm particularly fond of the Android's walk and run animations so having a variety of options like that would be cool. Also the special ability it has of regenerating SP?

14. TheDL6Incident

How about if there were classes but with no way to raise stats outside of exocore buffs or certain items like food?