[NOTICE] Server Update Feedback

Discussion in 'Notices' started by [GM]Gourdy, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GM]Gourdy

[GM]Gourdy RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello Fighters!

[Update] We have made another adjustment earlier this morning in regards to the server infrastructure. We would like to ask the community to report some specific feedback regarding the latency or lag issues that they are currently experiencing. We would really appreciate any detailed reports or even some video captures of the current lag issue. Thank you for all the recent feedback. We really appreciate your cooperation.

We have made some changes with our server infrastructure that should speed along the server connection. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any latency or lag issues. We are actively gathering reports and feedback from the community. We will do our best to assist you on the forums, Facebook, and through our support ticket system.

Thank you,

Rumble Fighter Team

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    tamirtov, Shana, rfSexy and 3 others like this.
  2. xBijou

xBijou Member

thank you for still trying to fix the servers :)

Shana likes this.
  3. toons

toons Well-Known Member

Boss mode seem to be fine with no noticeable lag difference with other players.

Team rooms in glacier seem to be better.

Before, there was no consistency to the connection. It's as if there were different lag spikes that occurred every 10 seconds. A player would teleport, and then I had to guess where the opponent was.

Question: Guild chat has been down for weeks. Is there any chance that this is related to the ddos attack? Could the hacker be targeting some sort of spam in the chat system to slow down the server? This is very unusual for guild chat to be down for this long. I don't think this has ever happened in the last 8 years for this long.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    tamirtov, Shana and [GM]Gourdy like this.
  4. namedd

namedd Active Member

5. namedd

namedd Active Member

6. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Thanks. We will look into the chat issue. We appreciate that the servers have gotten a little better. We will continue to monitor the progress.

Shana, toons and Sasori like this.
  7. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

@[GM]Gourdy @[GM]Toast

I'm still seeing players teleport, but I'm seeing a lot more hit detection.

EDIT: Grabs are still iffy. Mostly not registering.

Bl1tz, tamirtov, Shana and 2 others like this.
  8. [GM]Gourdy

Thanks for the feedback. We did notice that grab issue while playing with several players in Battle Mode. We will keep gathering more reports, so please let us know if there are other issues that is related to the server lag.

tamirtov, Shana, toons and 2 others like this.
  9. Autronix

Autronix Clean Up Crew

Nothing has changed from my point of view. I still see everyone with 2 bars, almost as if you lot totally forgot about us EU's.

LaniRF likes this.
  10. XinYiBa

XinYiBa Clean Up Crew

I see no difference. The lag is real live annoying and I don’t see how it’s not fixed yet. So many bugs and glitches in the game that haven’t been fixed and they still are in the game to this day. Now this lag is causing multiple people to quit the game. Fix it ASAP because it is preventing people from having fun and playing the game. You are just losing customers if you want to put it in a business perspective..

11. LaniRF

LaniRF Clean Up Crew

They forgot about us, because barely any EU players still play... CAUSE OF THE LAG.

We are forgotten.

12. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

Pretty much, i mean....they took your whole server and pushed you onto ours lmao.

LaniRF likes this.
  13. AtomskXD1

AtomskXD1 New Member

After the patch I’ve been getting this message on my launcher that says the the executable file doesn’t have a right to write when I try to start the game

14. MrBlvck

MrBlvck New Member

sigh.....Servers still trash, and everyone is still on a consistent 90 ping just like before the update. playing at this point is torture

15. LaniRF

LaniRF Clean Up Crew

Fr, nothing wrong with EU playing in NA right?

Sasori likes this.
  16. ChromeBro

ChromeBro Active Member

gets worse each update go back to getting ur sht fried every night atleast the gameplay was better

17. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

If priority and focus is solely on North America then servers should not be located on the west coast, but rather somewhere near the middle of the continent. Europe should also get a server, for the European players. That’s what Fortnite and League of Legends does.

There’s a lot wrong with this game. There’s a lot of changes that need to be made which requires a lot of risks to be taken. I do not believe Nimonix and RedFox Games are capable of improving this game.

18. [GM]Gourdy

Thank you for the feedback. We will continue to make some adjustments. If it's possible for someone to video capture the current lag issue we will analyze and send it to the developers once again.

toons likes this.
  19. toons

toons Well-Known Member

Make sure rumblefighter.exe from your previous playing session is fully closed before you update. Right-click on the taskbar and select the task manager. Click on "show processes from all users" if you don't see rumble fighter.

Right-click on rumblefighter.exe and click on "end process".

Also check if the rumble fighter folder is set to "read-only" or not.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001775.htm

opalthebest likes this.
  20. toons

toons Well-Known Member

Tekken is one of the most popular fighting games in the world. I hope this article can maybe help give you an idea of how to fix the lag.

The developer said, "But with that said there's still no such code that automatically makes latency issues go away, like magic."
    https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015...magic-tekken-7s-low-lag-techniques-explained/

I think it's possible that Rumble Fighter's netcode isn't tweaked properly for peer-to-server. Rumble Fighter came out in the year 2007. Over 10 years ago, computers were not as advanced as they are today. They also didn't have Windows 10 back then. I think the developer may have to create new netcode that can synchronize the peer-to-server connections better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.