[EVENT] Summer 1 vs 1 Tournament

Discussion in 'Events' started by [GM]Toast, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

concerning Hitman/Shoot/ZinK

Hitman's KPPK/KPPP combo is a braindead combo, because of the KP being not counterable mid-combo, while possessing one of the greatest stuns, this also applies to Shoot Boxing (has the fastest first kick in the game), where they initiate endless frame traps because their combos tend to be advantageous on block. Zin Karate on the other hand, is a scroll that is virtually unpunishable, because of their nonexistent cooldowns on their attacks, as well as possessing the fastest startups and stuns for a scroll.

White Fang is one of those scrolls that shouldn't have stun, because the hitboxes the KKKP combo has is so great, that it cannot be drifted away from. The KKKP combo can create cheesy stun locks (it has great stun) similar to Hitman, and can easily confirm into a 1000+ dmg juggle combo

Electro plays like Zin Karate, except that it has a virtually unpunishable 2 hit launcher. The launcher alone is so ridiculously braindead that it doesn't need to use any other combo unless the launcher combo got blocked. Playing against Electro users will make people get PTSD about flowchart Ken users in Street Fighter

Hawkhunter and Zin TKD have the same things in common: spammable kick combos that outspeed all the other scrolls besides Shoot Boxing, as well as having the fastest punch combo in the game. It's not surprising to see comebacks when this scroll is used, because it's very hard to shut down a Zin TKD/Hawkhunter user when they can easily interrupt the opponent with their fast startup attacks

Mystic Arts not exactly op for the insane reset juggle combo, but for its kG K, which can be spammed with no cooldown, basically more boring to playing against than playing against lurers. But yeah the reset juggle combo is worth mentioning. Arguably the strongest juggle in the game, and since the dodge can easily put you in a positional advantage, it's very hard to miss with KKK.

Heartseeker is in the list because the KKKK combo alone can effortlessly shut down a opponent, because the startup for the kicks are so fast, while packing hitstuns/blockstuns similar to Shoot Boxing. The opponent is usually going to end up blocking a lot when up against Heartseeker's KKKK and will open up for so much punishment with the omni grabs. The scroll plays very similar to Shoot Boxing/Hitman, but with omni grabs. The PPK combo basically gives Heartseeker low commitment punch pressure and can easily equalize the neutral game. The hitboxes on all the combos however are very linear, so there is skill required to use this scroll (aiming is required to use Heartseeker effectively).

Alafair likes this.
  2. TrollSenpai

TrollSenpai Active Member

I don't support banning all rares, that sounds like a copout for people that are bitter they don't have them. We should be allowed to use the things we've spent money on. Some rares don't need to be banned.

Shana likes this.
  3. Ahegao

Ahegao Well-Known Member

I would listen to you but you're a forumer and know nothing about the game so sit child no scrolls need 2 be banned if you don't like it cry about it "KP not counterable" LMAO just stick to making recycled scrolls bro i can tell u never 1v1'd in a tournament

Shana likes this.
  4. Shana

Don't worry too much lol

I'm trying to spark some discussion on the scrolls

Feel free to tear apart all my points. I can't disrespect the likes of you, since you obviously have a great tournament track record in RF

Alafair likes this.
  5. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Sorry, but he's right, you technically only named first world problems in rf, Also, electro takes a lot of skill to use, that's why you only see people in moonlight only spamming the kicks, then complain about the movement of the scroll.

Hawkhunter...really? There are worse spamable scrolls in the SHOP

Also, not to brag but HeartSeaker kicks are easy to counter, sorry.

Shana likes this.
  6. Shana

They are first world problems lol

tbh I just wanted to write up an essay on scrolls cuz I have so much free time atm

WhoYu likes this.
  7. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

eDate me.

8. Alafair

Alafair New Member

servers eqaul dead IGN HENTAI

9. Alafair

Alafair New Member

shana IT IS I HENTAI are you able to log on to the game I cant they said the servers would still be up right ?

Shana likes this.
  10. Shana

If that's the case, I think the maintenance is happening today

there's an announcement thread about a maintenance happening earlier today

11. Alafair

Alafair New Member

ah ok yeah I read the post but it said servers would be up still so just curious if anyone else could actually log in

12. Shana

13. Alafair

Alafair New Member

Shana likes this.
  14. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

Fortunately it's a recommendation and not the actual ban list XD

Shana likes this.
  15. Shana

True

16. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

Change your avatar.

WhoYu likes this.
  17. Alafair

Alafair New Member

lol XD rawr I got you one sec

18. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

My suggestion. Regularly balance out the game before hosting tournaments.

19. Bl1tz

Bl1tz Member

Shana Mystic Art’s KKK combo is the one combo on the scroll to most likely “miss” LMAO. It’s easy asf to miss that combo. Just accidentally angle any kick in that combo. The hitbox on the third kick is as linear as combat tekyyon. And K KG does have fast recovery but not enough block stun to safely spam it like Tongbeiquan’s second Kick. The only thing spamable on Mystic is KG K which niggas would do and lure with. K KG dangerous because it’s wide hitbox and the punch combo but it can easily be blocked after the first hit as most punch combos. The best combo on Mystic is KPPPK

WhoYu and Shana like this.
  20. Alafair

Alafair New Member

THERE WE GO STILL SMEXY and represents my IN game. I really wish I could join in on the event but im not skilled enough yet ill have to wait

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.