How do you become best 1v1er the fastest way?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfSexy, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

Glacier Quest.

rfSexy likes this.
  2. tregaming

tregaming Active Member

YOU THING WE FINA READ ALL THAT????

rfSexy and doston8 like this.
  3. 271115

271115 Well-Known Member

study basics - hitboxes range hits etc
    study drifts and airgame
    Master your playstyle
    crash nhaas
    learn from mistakes

rfSexy likes this.
  4. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

answer to all ur questions

rfSexy likes this.
  5. tregaming

tregaming Active Member

Yo my bad man, I didn't notice it was you lol. Ignore myrecet reply

6. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

all good xD

7. SayLag

SayLag New Member

The thing that nobody is going to tell you is that Jackie Chan, is the true god of 1v1. Watch his movies and learn. His secret... is alcohol. So drink, 1v1, use random scrolls every game, and eventually, you'll not only learn how to fight with each scroll, but also against them.
    Science.

No, but really. I'm not top 10 or anything, but this is RF, man. 90% of the players have fragile egos, and 12 year old mouths. Being a top 1v1er in rf is like being the top runner in the special Olympics when you're Usain Bolt.
    Don't play to be a god, play to have fun.

And don't be a lil s***.

Shana and rfSexy like this.
  8. IamGoD

IamGoD Active Member

Uninstall

9. teamrushdown

teamrushdown Member

sparring rooms to practice execution and experiment with your techniques

ft9s with different opponents ON YOUR MAIN to practice what you've learned with the added tension of having a permanent loss on your record. after you do this awhile it'll help you play better under pressure

studying the properties of each scroll to find weaknesses to exploit. (recovery, startup, delay, etc.) it's been awhile since i've done this but off the top of my head, things like drunken master's 2nd kick being easily counterable, dragon having ridiculously delay on all hits, or blood wind ninjitsu having a crapton of blockstun are examples of things you can use to your advantage to improve your offensive or defensive game

rfSexy likes this.
  10. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

Assume every time you lose it is because you did something sub-optimal, even if you feel you were cheesed out of the win, and focus on not making those mistakes repeatedly.

rfSexy likes this.
  11. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

My tips are
    • Learn your scroll. Test angles, delays, recoveries, even adv. nanmus.
      Dragon is an all around scroll, right? KKK is the main part, so people would often spam that. I'm not saying you don't spam it, but you have other tools in your arsenal. PP recovers fast, and the 3rd punch angles you far enough to escape punishment during a combo. kG can punish enemies about to stand up, and KKPPK can angle perfectly. Mastery is key when playing with ANY scroll.
      The more tools it has--along with the least downsides--in the right hands--will determine just how deadly it is.
    • Adapt to your opponent's playstyle. Don't fight fire with fire. Put it out with Water. And if they use water, soak that sh*t.
      Everyone is different. We have the pressurer, the turtler, the drifter, the monkey-hopping-jumpkicking-son of a b****, the >>Z, etc.
      There's too many to name, but the more you know, the better you'll be able to recognize and eventually handle.
      Ex. I attempt to lay down pressure by punching, my opponent counters MUCH more often.
      Solution? Predict a counter after 1-2 punches, then grab.
    • Don't change scrolls every match if you're losing.
      I'll be brief; when I see people change scrolls in a 1v1, I'd think
      A. They're trying to have fun, B. They're changing their playstyle, or C. They want to beat me with a scroll they think I don't know or outright cannot fight at all.
      If you haven't mastered your scroll(s), just take 1 scroll and stick with it like grease on a frying pan.
    • Finally, be a good sport.
      If you lost, you lost. You don't like something they did? If it ain't lag or stats above 30+, you're in the wrong.
      Don't do it babe.

Draygashi likes this.
  12. xMrChow1

xMrChow1 New Member

The only real way to get better is to just play. But when you fight, learn the moves of other players. Watch pros play. Learn your scrolls as well and see which ones fit your play style. But you also have to change it up and adapt to new scrolls so people don't get used to you that quickly. Scrolls don't make the player, but there's nothing wrong with having preferences. One thing to remember is that there will ALWAYS be someone who doesn't like how you fight and complain, but don't worry about them. Just keep playing, keep training, and keep learning. Don't get mad if you're not number 1 tomorrow, but eventually you might be. Just takes time!

13. ScreamRaven

ScreamRaven New Member

buy Zkarate! n ur the best in 1v1!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.