GDPR & UE players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eroine, May 21, 2018.

1. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Hello RedFox,
    could you clarify if the new GDPR that will become mandatory starting 25.05.2018 will affect us the players from Europe ?

What is the General Data Protection Regulation? The GDPR is an EU regulation which will take effect from 25 May 2018 and introduce wide ranging changes on how personal data can be collected and used.

To whom does the GDPR apply? Both EU and non-EU based businesses that process EU "personal data".

ePrivacy Directive/Regulation. The ePrivacy Directive (eventually to be updated by the ePrivacy Regulation) sits alongside the GDPR but focuses primarily on the use of data and privacy in relation to electronic communications, including cookies. In short, due to the stricter requirements of consent under the GDPR, it is possible that the GDPR may have indirect consequences for how user consent is validly obtained to cookies and other similar technologies.

Data Subjects' Rights. Individuals (known here as 'data subjects') will have greater rights, including the right to be informed (i.e. to be provided with sufficiently detailed yet concise and understandable details of the processing at hand), the right to rectify data (i.e. to correct inaccurate/incomplete data), the right of deletion (i.e. where the data subject objects to data processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest to process) and the right to data portability (i.e. where the data subject wishes to transfer personal data from one service to another).

Children. Verifiable parental consent is required for use of a child's personal data (where consent is the processing ground). Any information addressed to a child (e.g. in-game notifications or privacy policies) must be in plain, clear language which a child could understand. There will be considerable real-world questions about how achievable this will be and how far in practice businesses will be able to go to verify parental consent.

Reporting Data Breaches. Data controllers will need to notify most data breaches to their national data protection authority, particularly if the breach is likely to result in a risk to "the rights and freedoms of individuals" (e.g. the loss of customer data which leaves them vulnerable to identity theft). Notification to the data subjects themselves is required in "high risk" situations (e.g. discrimination, reputation damage or financial loss). Data breaches include not only unauthorised access to personal data but also unauthorised disclosures, accidental losses and loss of access to data.

2. sansar01

sansar01 New Member

this is a gambling game. what will they protect?
    Blue Dragon Box
    Crimson Treasure Box
    Four Guardians Box
    are not they gambling?
    Is gambling free in your country?

3. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

This regulation is not about gambling. It`s about protect personal data like name, address etc (used when You buy credits).

Anyway it`s good question @Eroine, but I`m not sure US company has something to do with UE regulations.

4. Neoblad3

Neoblad3 Member

5. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

May 25th? I don't think EU players are at risk in this server. Otherwise, they would've announced it by now. I hope RF is not doing any shady business [ selling players data ] on the side though. That would shut down the entire server not just for EU.

6. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

This is about the protection of the person behind the avatar along with the personal data.

The regulation applies to all companies.
    And it is not just about companies in Europe, but also about those outside the EU that process personal data of EU citizens. Any company working with information on European citizens must comply with the GDPR provisions, which means that the confidentiality of personal data worldwide will be taken more seriously.

7. JasonStatham

JasonStatham Active Member

@OP don't expect to protect anything from RF, they are useless.

8. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

I really don't think this is very funny, since the sanctions for not comply are very high :

-the maximum limits are set at up to 10 million EUR, or up to 20 million EUR. In the case of medium companies, the limits are up to EUR 10 million or up to 2% or up to EUR 20 million or up to 4% from turnover, taking into account the highest amount of the fine . The Regulation took into account the fact that for a very large corporation the value threshold of EUR 20 million may not represent a large fine and then provided for the possibility that its reporting is also on the world turnover, higher, it means that it will be administrative fine.

9. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Wow that’s a masssive penalty. They might as well stop doing business with EU. Doesn’t this vary on the size of the company though? And how serious was the data breach?

10. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

In this period I am invaded by mail by all of the companies that change the terms acording to the GDPR.
    Yap, the penalty is very high, yet the stake of personal data is also very high.

11. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

So it started here too? RF way = no warning. I cant log in from 3 different PC browsers because "Cookie is not allowed". It's ok from android. Anyone else?

12. ChowChow

ChowChow Active Member

Yes happened to me. All I had do was enable the cookies for this website.

N0LYF3 likes this.
  13. disloyal

disloyal Member

lol RF doesnt care. and no other US business does

14. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Maybe you should check the news more.
    And watch closely facebook case in UE, an american company regarding GDPR.