Hybrid in this version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoonji, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Yoonji

Yoonji New Member

Hi. I am returning to 9d from acclaim. How are hibrids now pve/pvp wise? Should i make it as my 1st char or will it be a pain in the ass to lvl? I was an hibrid main back then and I would love to keep being it

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. JustSayian

JustSayian Active Member

I agree with Junky no matter what 9D i played, a warrior was my first thing I created.. Tank,easy to grind and farming too :)

Yoonji likes this.
  3. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Hybrids seems good for tank here too with proper items (band help) & level fast.For e.g our bandmate d4sonic outdamage us, warriors in Kylin runs, because of better items. The para is nerf vs Acclaim time.

Yoonji likes this.
  4. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

Ultimately, you should play the character that you love most.

Warriors may be ahead, when it comes to grinding at lower levels (since Acclaim), but when you reach higher (2nd role+, which is EC7), Hybrids are pretty much even, if not slightly faster at higher levels (due to the need to not meditate as much...unless warriors spam HP pots or have HP leech). Since this version's exp gain is super fast anyways, the grinding between Warriors vs Hybrids are pretty negligible at lower levels. You'll probably reach SM in a day or two (with weekend EXP event), regardless of which role you pick.

PVP-wise, Melee Hybrids are not that greatest, as CK Hybrid is better, but honestly, it comes down to gear with PVP. Warriors have always been number 1/2 in PVP (Nuker was top tier until this version) just on the basis of its role, so it's not really something to brag about.

As one poster mentioned, warriors can "tank". However, Hybrids can tank pretty well too. Our role gives us the reflect buff that can last up to 5 minutes (+heal over time for 5 minutes), as well as boosting your normal HP bar with bonus HP (cooldown is 10 minutes, but with Mastery, it extends the buff longer, which means you have extra permanent health as long as you cast the buff every so often). There is also a damage absorption buff we get later, as well as a 15sec (up to 19sec) 100% heal buff/CK reflect (with 10min cooldown).

I've played Hybrid as my 1st character on Acclaim and I've been happy returning to the Hybrid role in RF as well. Only thing I wished they had done was make the all att buff to give to others instead of just yourself.

Yoonji likes this.
  5. Yoonji

Yoonji New Member

Thanks a lot for the explanation! How do i put my points for a pve melee hybrid build considering that i haven't any gear? I have read in some older posts that I should put enough str and dex for weap and rest cons. Is that it?

6. LoveLetter

LoveLetter New Member

That's pretty much it.

You want to max: Dex and Con with enough Str for your weapon (endgame weapon is about ~190str I believe...). I maxed Dex first and am dumping the rest into Con now. Str is kept at my current level's weapon requirement. However, you can focus on maxing Con first and distribute the rest in between Dex/Str, especially when lower levels, Hybrids are a bit more squishy early on, so having extra life isn't a bad thing. Don't worry too much about messing up your stats early on, as you have several free instances of re-statting up until 2nd role (+ 3 more chances in the Hefei quest line as well).

At the moment, the game gives you a Young Dragon weapon early on (one of the Bamboo village's quest line. You should go back to the Village around a few levels in Losing Self, I believe. It gives you 3 statues to exchange in the Resources for a weapon of your choice.). It gives you better damage than any other weapon that low level mobs can drop. To upgrade it fully, it technically costs 2.2mil gold for the 3 upgrade statues, HOWEVER, the game gives you the entire set free (one time deal, so don't destroy/throw it away!) as you progress through the RTD quests (main ones). The final statue is around Chapter 4, I think, right before you hit 2nd role. You can exchange the weapon with the colored statue for an upgraded version in the Resources as you acquire it. Keep in mind, if you refine it and it breaks, you are screwed out of a weapon. Luckily, you do have 3 statues to exchange into the young dragon weapons from the Bamboo quest, but you have to pay for the upgrade statues for the other 2 ones, so it's something to consider if you are refining. +3 is 100% refine rate, I think.

The final Young Dragon weapon lasts up to Golden Lotus or Hermit, which is about the time you start earning decent gold to buy better gear/weapons. The bonus of using Young Dragon is that it doesn't have any stats requirement to wear!

Clothes-wise, CoF/VoH dungeon drops decent ones that you can wear, with the boss dropping the pants/top (might need a few runs). You can upgrade them with the colored Jades found in the dungeon/map mobs. Around 2nd role, you can sit on the upgraded FC2 (Sum-jung) set until PS6 clothes or go straight to endgame HG clothes. However, since it's your first character, you most likely need to save up to buy it from other players/market or ask a guildie to nab some for you in the dungeon. Save up the Yellow Jades to prepare for the upgrade (need about ~320).

Yoonji likes this.
  7. Domingo

Domingo Active Member

Hi,
    Can you guys instruct how to build 2B CK or nuker (Attributes) in this patch please, since anyone havenot been straightforward !!!

8. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Nuker?

Build 1:
    Str - 8
    Ess - 8
    Wis - 390
    Con - 390
    Dex - 244

Build 2:
    Str - 8
    Ess - 8