Reuse, reduce, recycle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evantor, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Evantor

Evantor Member

I understand recycling mob models for examples like bears - brown bears, tigers - big tigers, wolves etc.

But why does every map just contain the same mob models over and over. KL is filled with tarantulas, earth demons, etc., mobs from SZ/ZZ and more??

The loulan renewal literally features the White Tiger King as a boss. There is also like 3 or more other instances where it is reused (i.e. CCD). Also a King Jin boss in LL???

Why not leave mobs where they were created and then create new models for newer mobs. I would love to see new mobs and bosses. Freakin Demon Faced Spiders are literally just tarantulas enlarged, and colored red.

I do understand this is all up to the developers but I have just never really grasped the reason for this...other than laziness. And why make a game if you're lazy.

With all this being said: I still obviously love the game and have been, at the very least content with mobs being recyled.

But at a certain point.....

2. Evantor

Evantor Member

Why has this not been posted??

3. Chrizie

Chrizie Member

Unfortunately RedFox can change nothing in this game. All of it is done by the developer JW (in Korea?).
    If I'm not mistaken, they don't really care what we at RedFox think. They change stuff for their Korean version and then might sometimes send it this way too.
    It is a very rightful thought, it really is. But JW will never see or hear this...

Stereotyped likes this.
  4. OldFella

OldFella Active Member

The only new models you are getting are coming in Potala, some bosses only though, enjoy that.
    Oh wait never mind those are already on Infinite Dungeon.
    Maybe on India map :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stereotyped likes this.
  5. Evantor

Evantor Member

Redfox directly communicates with JW. Why do you think they balanced stats and classes and have been trying to deal with CK dmg overflow.
    This recycling story has been affecting 9d since beginning.

6. rsf666

rsf666 Member

Wow I never noticed this. I did not know they balanced stats and classes, I thought they just copied the Korean version...

As for trying to deal with the CK dmg overflow, what do you mean by try? Do you mean something along this line?
    "RF: Hello JW, is the def nuke working properly?"
    "JW: Hello RF, yes it is, that is how we have it in Korea. Your players are the ones doing it wrong, they should not use that skill at a very high cheng."
    "RF: Oh, okay. Thank you!"

PlayeR, OldFella and Stereotyped like this.
  7. Evantor

Evantor Member

I assume it's more like there are bug reports and complaints filed through Redfox GMs to JW. Then JW, like most game development companies, ignores most of the complaints but every now and then gets something done. The Korean version is very different from ours. The developers are probably short-staffed as is every company in the world, and they prioritize their own version's updates.
    We still have to give them credit, Redfox and JW. The question is: how much credit do either of them really deserve?

OnenaHGvvellCSoG likes this.
  8. PlayeR

PlayeR Active Member

Because JW are either lazy, either has not enough esources...
    Infact since game went to JW hands we got some new skills but old moves (animations), everything new we got is infact old models/moves/etc.Im not sure if they ever created something new but shining efects and IM updates...
    I dont think its RF falt....just too many publishers went into Koean trap...

9. Evantor

Evantor Member

******* canteloupe

10. Czezry

Czezry Active Member

******* furries

11. Evantor

Evantor Member

******* curry

12. Chrizie

Chrizie Member

******* puppies

13. Evantor

Evantor Member

Its not that I care about them recycling, because I obviously love the game, but just times it gets annoying. Atleast new weps like kylin and blood sorcerer - the models are actually different. I just wish that happened with bosses and mobs I guess.