Crit 1300/10000 or Yang 300 ornaments is better?

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Nellof, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Nellof

Nellof New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a question about weapon ornaments. I have try to ask in league already but answer is still make confuse to me.

As I see it, I have seen other player use Yang 300 x4 in their weapons for kunlun grind. But, I'm not sure that can make me pvp also? or I should have 2 kind of weapons for PVE and PVP.

I have only 1 dusk staff right now. So, I just want help or suggestion about this for make my first dusk staff. But, I'll try to get one more for make differents type and try by my self also next time. (need some time to farm money and buy)

Thanks and Apprecate to every suggestion below.

2. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Hello.

What I see it is like this, Dusk weps are for PVE and HG12 weps are for PVP. Haven't really seen Yang/Yin weps affect mobs that are not attributed with those res.

I may be wrong someone who knows more please correct me.

3. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Yes, you´ll want a pve weapon and pvp weapon.
    Some players use 4 x 13/3 crit nuggets (13% crit rate, 3% crit dmg) and use that for both pve and pvp - but as these ornaments are expensive, they usually only added to high refined HG12 weapons.

Staffs are inexpensive, so you should easily be able to afford 2 different staffs.

4. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Since I've tried, I will say this.

If you put Yang damage ornaments on your weapon, you'll deal higher damage on Yin-type mobs. But however, only if you have enough critical rate to deal with those mobs. You can try by attacking those mobs for a period of time. If your damage appears red and the second one appears yellow all the time that means your deal 100% critical on that mob. It differs for every mob because some mobs have Critical Rate Dodge, like kylin, some bosses, etc.

If your damage appears twice in yellow colour, that means you don't have enough critical rate to deal with those mobs. Not 100% I mean.

What I'm trying to say is, critical damage is way more important than basic damage. If your crit damage on a mob is 13k, maybe your basic damage will be 7k. It is very important to make sure your critical rate is good enough at the first hand.

Let me know if you can't understand any of these. I'm not good with words :p

Regards.

5. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

This is not really true. Depends on the active. Double and tripple hit actives will only give critical hit on their first hit per animation - while the slowest actives will crit everytime.
    If you do active switching and use the proper actives, you can avoid non-crits alltogether- provided your crit ratio is high enough.

6. GubRee

GubRee Active Member

Wow sounds cool! xD I'll do some testing with that :)
    What are you saying is to prefer single hit over multiple hit right?
    Are you sure the red/Yellow on double hit is not a visual bug? because sometimes active skill displays wrong dmg, specially if you miss some hits.

7. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Damage display bugs every 2nd hit, and copies the first hit damage numbers. Easy to see, if you use any melee attack and then a nuke - the nuke damage will replicate the number from the melee damage hit. However the % dmg on mob from the melee hit and the nuke will not be the same.

Crit hits are shown properly.

GubRee likes this.
  8. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Yup it's different for active that only has 1 hit on its first "animation" of hitting. For actives that have only 1 hit on its first animation, it'll appear red all the time. Sorry forgot to mention this.

And for actives that have 2 hit on its first "animation", the first will appear red and the second one will appear yellow. That is a must if you have 100% critical on that specific mob. The second appears yellow but it has the same damage number as the first one. Some people call it a bug, but I think that's just how the system works. Nothing to be argued here I guess.

However, if your active has 2 hit at its first animation, and the first hit you land appears yellow, that means you don't have 100% critical on that particular mob.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

You misunderstand the mechanics.

The damage display are incorrect, the crit hits shown by color and sound are not.

I.e. first animation step of :
    - a wheel tripple hit active does 20k-7k-7k
    - a slow spear active does 40k-0-0

You will notice that the spear active takes a bigger percentage hp of a mob than a tripple hit wheel active - which would not be the case if the crit hits wasn´t show properly.

10. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Yes, I actually understand this one. I'm not talking about how the actives work for each clan. But how to determine whether your damage is crit or not lol

11. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

I already explained this..
    Crit hits shown by color are displayed correctly. If the crit wasn´t shown correctly, then a tripple hit wheel active would do more damage than a 1 hit spear active - but judging from percentage of mob damage, its easy to see its not the case.

This is wrong too. Read above - melee hit followed up by nuke, easily shows its a display bug.

12. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

I don't mean to say you are wrong but I think we just don't share the same fact here. I don't see where did I go wrong lol. May I know what role you play? Your main character.

13. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

What I understand the way actives work in this game is,

Spear: 1 hit
    Saber: 2 hits
    Wheels: 3 hits

Of course, a spear that only has 1 hit on its first animation has more damage. This is to balance the damage dealt by each clan but this balance thing is for a particular active only. Not when you combine it with another active, using the attack speed trick.

Saber that has 2 hits on its first animation doesn't have damage as high as a spear on the first hit but it has 2 hits. Let's say 10k +10k. That's 20k.

Same goes to wheels.

As you said, if wheels or saber deal the same damage as a spear on its first hit, they would over-damage spear.

But I can't see why is this the problem now and you are mentioning this. This doesn't matter as long as your damage appears red and the second one follows with yellow but has the same amount number of damage. That is 100% full critical for a specific mob if it repeats.

14. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Here is where you misunderstand the mechanics.

A wheel active that i.e. 20k-7k-7k
    If we assume the crit hits are not shown properly - then in fact the active dmg should be 20k-20k-20k.

A spear active that only hits 1 hit in same time frame, does 40k.

Looking at mob % hp lost, it goes down in ticks - once per active animation. So 3 hits for a wheel active = 1 tick hp lost per mob.

Obviously wheel active should do 50% more dmg in this case, if we assume crit hits are not shown properly. This should be reflected by the percentage of hp lost on mob.

This is not the case. Empirical data points clearly towards crits hits are shown properly.

15. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

When did I mention wheels active skills damage isn't shown properly? They're shown properly.

I didn't mention anything about wheels at the beginning I think. I only mentioned about the 2 hits active skills because I don't have SF character. I don't like to talk about something that I don't know and will refer to those who know.

That's why I mentioned only about 2 hits active skills.

16. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

double hit and tripple hit actives behaves the same. Damage displays are bugged, crit hits are not.

17. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Good to know! Thanks for the information :)