New player asking questions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CtrlDel, Mar 26, 2017.

1. CtrlDel

CtrlDel Member

Hey guys,
    I started playing 9dragons past couple of days, pls help me out by answering my questions.

* What is the difference between Tao - Yin?
    * Why is Yin more active than Tao?

I been trying to lvl and i have not seen any player in low lvl maps,
    maybe cause everyone is high lvl and no more new players playing?
    I lvled up to Sun and Moon 3 without any armor, i been looking everywhere maybe there is an NPC to purchase
    some clothes to help me out. I got sick of killing 2 mobs and running out of VE,
    which means not being able to train skills.

* Where in the world can i get some clothes to dress up my character,
    it doesn't matter what stats.

I choose to play Sacred Flower, for now warrior, i have no clue what role is better.

*I am between warrior or hybrid, what do you guys think?
    * I found out a NPC that gives you 30d weapon, where do we get the coupon?

*What are the Gold pig(s) for?
    * Is there anything maybe from an event that will help me lvl up? ( maybe i'm not aware of)
    * Where/which map i should grind at SM3?

Thanks

2. Chrizie

Chrizie Member

* What is the difference between Tao - Yin?
    There is no difference, just Yin is a newer server and not many people are max level/max gear yet.
    * Why is Yin more active than Tao?
    See above, just a newer server.
    *Maybe cause everyone is high lvl and no more new players playing?
    There are actually quite a lot players online, especially in the weekends. Most of them grind in Kunlun though, even at low levels they got powerleveld by league mates.
    * Where in the world can i get some clothes to dress up my character, it doesn't matter what stats.
    Easiest way is to press 'E' and go to Bai Tribe Village in Tibet, then buy the clothes from the shop there. Around 5kk for a set.
    You could also do dungeons and farm for a dungeon set. Press F11 for more info on collections.

*I choose to play Sacred Flower, for now warrior, i have no clue what role is better.
    Once you pass level FD1, you cannot change your role anymore. So you're stuck with warrior unless you restart.
    As a starter, warrior is the best class to choose, so you're good imo.

* I found out a NPC that gives you 30d weapon, where do we get the coupon?
    Those coupons are not worth it. Do your Road To Dragon quests and you'll get statues. Thes can be traded in for very good (levelless) weapons, which you can use till high levels.
    *What are the Gold pig(s) for?
    Read the event for gold pigs, it's in the announcement section of the forums.
    * Where/which map i should grind at SM3?
    As a newer player, you best go grind in Cave of the Conqueror. As the drop rate for certain things are higher than they are in regular maps. The experience rate is slightly lower, but to make some money to start off with, you better go for the drops.

Hope this helped a bit :)

4x4cop and CtrlDel like this.
  3. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

What is the difference between Tao and Yin?

Tao is semi-PvP server and Anti-PK buff provided for some PvP maps. While Yin is full PvP server, no Anti-PK buff provided in any PvP maps.

Why is Yin more active than Tao?

Yin server was launched at the same time when 9Dragons was launched in Steam. Since then, Yin server is automatically selected at the login screen. There's no a server list provided by RedFox and new/old players won't even know which one is Semi-PvP server and Full-PvP server. Both of them are not labelled as Semi-PvP/PvP as well.

The reason Yin is at top now is, most players are into PvP. Therefore, when Yin launched, most players went to Yin server to grab the opportunity to level up and become powerful. As I remember, an event was also announced just for Yin server for those who become high level in a period amount of time, will be rewarded. New players who see Yin server is dominating, will join Yin server without even knowing it's a PvP server. I have some friends who are totally new players, complaining about it as well. At the end, they had to make a new character in Tao server because too much PK on PvP maps.

No more low level players on lower maps?

Most players only grind when there's an exp event. If you grind at other times, you might not see any other players. Some low players are also getting lvled in Kunlun map by league mates as stated by Chrizie.

How to get a useful armor/gears/clothes?

Since you're a totally new player, I recommend you to do RTD quests. If you finish some of them, you'll get some items that can be traded for some useful gears and it can be used until you become 2nd role.

Which class is the best for a new player?

I would say warrior , of course. You're on the right away, keep going. You'll learn as you level up and you should join a league for guidance.

30d weapons?

As Chrizie said, it's not worth it. Do some RTD quests and you'll get a "True" type weapon which is good enough until HM/LM level.

What are the Gold Pigs for?

They drop Gold Pig which can traded for a Golden Egg for 5 Gold Pigs. If you open the Golden Eggs, you'll obtain some useful items.

Where should you grind?

The Cave Of Conqueror. You need to grind there until GB level something, then you can change your grinding map to Hangzhou. Be careful, you're gonna need Anti-Poison buff from Hermit npc to grind at CC.

CtrlDel likes this.
  4. CtrlDel

CtrlDel Member

Thanks guys, i do appreciate all your information! :)
    I did what Chrizie suggested, i went Tibet to buy a set for myself and be able to grind,
    i was only able to buy a pair of pants which they cost around 1.9kk ,
    i couldn't effort to buy anything else lol until i found out about Voh, i did a run with a player and i got few parts.

Cant figure out why my Ve is running out, i can kill 2 maybe 3 mobs then i have to run and meditate.
    * What is Automatic Training? (K)
    I heard there is daily quests that gives you coupons to make a costume.
    * What lvl do i get daily quests ?

5. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

What is Automatic Training?

It's a new system developed by RedFox to auto train buffs and skills. However, you cannot meditate using (K) as there's no option to it. People usually use it to grind faster, without having the trouble to click each keys to hit smash skills. Furthermore, you can also use it to level up your buffs which will help you to become stronger. Buffs are really important but some of them are not until you reach high levels. The only way to replenish your VE is to use VE pills and to obtain it, you need to donate loyalty at Tibet , any Clinic. You can also use Auto Training to spam HP pills if you run a high level dungeon, grinding, or whatsoever. It's really useful to become stronger.

What level do I get the daily quest to make a costume (deco)?

I don't quite remember which level but as far as I know, the daily quest will be given to you at EC (Elemental Crown) level. EC1-EC4. When you complete the quest, you'll get 5 shabby coupons. You can trade them at an npc in hefei.

6. CtrlDel

CtrlDel Member

Thanks guys for all the information.
    Slowly i am trying to learn about the game, although it is very hard if there is no one around you or in the map to ask questions. I made my way to EC1 \m/
    I cant figure out how many coupons do we need to trade for a deco, i dont even know where the decos are...
    I think i have 10 fancy coupons, do i get anything?

I love Auto Training, you can move from PC and lvl your buffs,...in fact is hilarious...when you are away while training
    your warrior buffs and ppl swearing when you dont replay back, .... buff me b**?? Rofl

:)

7. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

You can check by pressing F11 and look at Hefei Tab to see how many coupon to make a deco. if you are playing in Yin server, you can add me anytime so I can help you.

8. CtrlDel

CtrlDel Member

Hey guys!

Is there any different map i can lvl up faster middle HM, beside Icy?

9. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

You can grind in Loulan, first mobs there are 150 or HM 6, I don't think it would be faster compared to icy but you would make more gold and can make more piece of steel that you will need to make some relics further on in the game. Mobs in Loulan are harder compared to icy.

The materials in icy are also important but they can be farmed at any level.

10. FuriaAlba

Events work on the map.

dixbutts likes this.
  11. FuriaAlba

No, they work, easy to notice with the 4 hour box event. As for xp I never put much interest in it, I only used the map to get some fast piece of steel when there wasn't any on the market. It's slower than icy/tibet but I didn't try it at HM where mobs have half the hp of H level ones and actually take more damage, but as far as items goes it's a good benefit since you can make more gold and piece of steel, also HM weapons and temp leech relics, reason why I suggested him the map in the first place.

As for pking he's on tao so if it ever happens to get pk'd to much if at all he can go to icy.

12. [CM]NineArts

[CM]NineArts RedFox Games Staff Member

Actually, both Loulan and Kunlun are applied to our rate events.

[CM]NineArts

13. CtrlDel

CtrlDel Member

I went Loulan to check it out, not sure what lvl mob did i hit, all i know is... i was dead in a sec.
    I think i'll just lvl in Icy for now. You mentioned the materials in Icy are important, as i said on my previews post i am new player and i have zero information about the game, i been selling everything to NPC to make gold.
    I have not been collecting anything, what are the most important materials that i should save? and what are they for?

I was wondering where should i get relics, i am using some not sure where i got them from,
    i bought some Hermit 2 but i still have long way until i get that lvl.

Weapon is also a problem for me, until now i been using True Dragon, i been looking for a HM weapon, i am having hard time finding one, is there any collection for that lvl?

Any tips for a new player?

Thanks! :)

14. justvant2

justvant2 New Member

if u were play in Yin, weapon around lvl GL - HM u can find easy at hefei...
    becos Yin is new server, still many ppl around ur lvl...

but if were play in Tao, weapon around that lvl is kinda hard to get, unless u do dungeon by urself then get the weapon boxes from boss, and then that boxes are random weapon...

if u really want using HM weapon u can check by pressing F11 - Loulan - wandering something...
    but u need some materials to make that weapon, weapon damage is good only it didnt have slot to put ornament...

15. FuriaAlba

Materials that you need from icy are:
    Molar tooth of elephant, antlers (the ones that don't have collection in their description), plate of north sea, snowman fur, north sea icy palace map I-II-III (1 to 3 rest you don't need)

As for weapon you can make it in loulan, it has exactly the same damage as a HM 6 war spirit weapon that you could get from certain dungeons but with the drawback that you can't add slots to it. You could buy a PSH +11 or +10 from the market since they are fairly cheap and reduce it's level since you probably have the event JS to use and have a decent wep with less fuss and not much of a cost.

16. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

OnenaHGvvellCSoG Active Member

Exp in LL is lower than in all the other maps, but its worth it to grind there if you wanna farm weaps to sell at npc... you can also farm golden coins, they drop alot and ppl actually buys them... gt/fs/piece of steel also drop well and u can trade abandoned relics for it...

KProphetK likes this.
  17. OnenaHGvvellCSoG

OnenaHGvvellCSoG Active Member

I think it does but only worth it for drops, at least my league members say its better to farm weaps in LL than in tibet, and they do it during events o.o

The exp ye, low as ****

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017