PvE/PvP positive discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nerwen, Feb 29, 2016.

1. IrisuKyouko

IrisuKyouko Member

[​IMG]

2. Nerwen

Nerwen New Member

Fair enough...

3. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

if u wanna play pure PVE then just farm/lvl up in dungeons...if u dont like PVP stay in dungeons ....nearly everyone want korean content before....u got it and deal with that....stop addapt it for "campaign" version

4. Nerwen

Nerwen New Member

Yeah, because staying in a dungeon and repeat it again and again is soooo much fun (and expensive)... And what about quests? Look, maps are for all players, and we only want to avoid PvPers killing PvErs. If you want to kill other PvPer I don't give a ****, but don't mix both playstyles.

5. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Seriously people should stop debating about if the version should or not be pvp, red fox will decide what will be in their interest, if they think they will make more money having maps mostly pve instead of pvp that's their choice. A player has the choice to either play this version or not.
    Lame as thing to see people continue to say korea is that way and crap like that and they don't even check a couple of pictures on their site to figure out what actually happens over there.

6. Nerwen

Nerwen New Member

You're right, let's wait for RedFox's decision. However, I don't know what's being said about Korean version, it's ok for me. I've even played Japanese version and I liked them both. I'm only concerned about PvP/PvE issue because I'd like to see a solution for both playstyles. I just don't like egoistic posts.

7. Trevino

Trevino Member

I agree Nerwen, and I really think one of the best solutions is people being respectful of one another. The problem is this is a very toxic community, so I don't see that ever happening.

People can tell by league titles if they want to PvP or not. If you see a league that does not enjoy the PvP aspect of the game, however if ur in a league that is all about PvP then by all means kill others who are all about Pvp.

8. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

best solution from my view for both sides is make pvp on only +/-12 lvls from players....why u think so many private servers is pvp? coz ppl want it...only official US version r forced to full pve by comunity...true sad fact

9. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

and if i use your logic and will say only grind grind grind is fun? see....maybe pve is not so bad but tibet and up must be PVP just coz banners...coz u can kill campers thats the key for balance

10. FuriaAlba

You must be smoking some good weed there budy if you play this version and don't know making banners has nothing to do with bosses in tibet.

11. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

really ??? so do u try tell me that plate bosses do not drop plates for BM???

12. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

They drop plates. But BM is now useless to build banners. Take a look at loyalty and resource window.

13. FuriaAlba

Did you even freaking go in tibet to see what's in there? Scared your char might go in a coma or something? Checking loyalty would have taken 5 minutes to figure out you need items that come from mobs to make 3 banners and KJ for the other 2.

You want pvp and you can't even check a couple of npcs or some tabs that have some lists.

14. Ezekiel2517

Ezekiel2517 Member

im not that one who rush to be first everywhere as first as u furia....i take this game as game and relax not like u junky behind table lol

15. FuriaAlba

Yes I am always in a rush in 9dragons, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to make banners on this version and I'm a junky, you got something else? You feel cornerd or something?

16. Redmi433

Redmi433 New Member

Let's keep a clear and objective mind :) ..

1. This is closest to the original KR. That means, it is PVP based.
    2. Considering point 1, pvp is therefore, normal.

3. However, there MUST be something done about grieving a much lower level player. (non stop pking the same player continuously when he/she is much lower level and cannot fight back and has to stop grinding period) .

4. Considering point 3, there must be some control put in place, such as a level limit on pking, maybe 12 levels? This can be discussed. Also, a COOL DOWN period on pking the same player, maybe 40 minutes? This can be discussed too.

Edit - forgot to add point 5 ..
    5. Anti pk buff -- Maybe a buff from hermit that disables pvp for a period of time, where the player cannot be pk, and cannot pk others. This may be a good switch/buff to have for those who do not want anything to do with open pvp in grind maps.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  17. FuriaAlba

Because you had a stat change and they added the loyalty system you belive this is the closest to KR? Doesn't take much to impres you I guess.

18. Redmi433

Redmi433 New Member

Yes, it is the closest we have had so far, compared to all other western versions before.
    Ignoring the other points made in my post, will not solve anything. If you would like to discuss that, then please do, otherwise let's not side track from the topic of this thread.

19. FuriaAlba

Well if you was right then yes we could discuss, but unfortunetly GC was closer to KR than this version is right now, I just need to mention 2 things, war spirit items and deco crafting. If you want some extras I can throw in east temple mob layouts + no pvp buff in temples, to make it even more simple here's a short video that I posted on the other topic. Also they don't have Kunlun which GC did.

You are trying to compare 2 versions of the game where you have barelly half the info at you reach and that if you are trying to find it in the first place. Also suporting pvp in this version of 9dragons where you can buy kunlun beads in the IM and can't get them anywhere else isn't really suporting anything for a fun pvp server in the long run, or let's not say fun server, let's use balanced.

If webzen wouldn't have bought GC and most probably that version would still be alive and kicking was more balanced than this by a long shot.

To make it short for people that want short stuff, there was a video from a Vn playing on KR server when temples were lauched, took no-pvp buff when he entered east temple, the dude was matmeoviet, but he took the video down for whatever reason. So I will say that if KR has something that would forecefully make you PVE and everyone and their mother wants to get as close to KR they would ultimatelly accept that KR isn't all about pvp.

Spite likes this.
  20. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

I keep doing it because I want to make sure the GMs that bother looking, see that we PvE players have been rational and reasonable, and the PvPers have not.
    All along we have been suggesting a way to toggle PvP, which lets both play styles exist together. It's not our fault the PvP brats are totally irrational about it.

It is the companies interest to keep as many players as they can on the server, for as long as they can. More people prefer PvE, or PvP on their own terms. If they do make the server PvE, it's not our fault. We have suggested a compromise, and the PvP brats spit in our faces. It will be their zealotry that leads to the very thing they don't want, and wrongly accuse us of trying to get.

Further, as I have said elsewhere, the buff makes PvE players into second-class citizens. Forcing us to run back and forth to keep getting it, while the PvP players can just keep doing what they want.
    If we have to pay to get the buff, that is a further thing they wont have to deal with.

This isn't Korea. The majority here aren't into super competitive game play. Because in the USA games are treated as a past time, not an important part of life.

A bag that turns off PvP is a simple solution. It means they only have to add in one item, and unless you want to run around with an empty bag all the time, it's hard to exploit.
    Or a PvP on/off toggle in the log-in.
    Or a self-buff anyone can learn.
    Or a toggle in the options/character screen that has a similar cool down to an Epithet. IE, once you've switched you can't change back for 2 hours. If they want to make some scratch off it, they can sell a way to kill the cooldown.

There are lots of options, some even open up possible new content as at least one other person has pointed out.