SM grinding, where to go?

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Veltaine, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

Hey guys,

I am currently SM7 and know what the general consensus is to grind, but kinda makes me flag a question.

-Why do we have to go to CC to grind our levels suddenly, when DT is too low and HZ is too high.

-Why is there a 25 level jump from "safer" spots rather than having to dig down into a claustrophobic place that mobs can kill you through walls, or even other players just as quickly.

I was scrounging around and trying to find other places around HZ to try to grind, ended up dealing with lvl 103 bears just to give me some consistency in the grind until I can get high enough to fight other mobs, or try to grab onto a "leech" party, which I feel is just silly.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, has anyone actually found mobs viable for lvl 70-95 to grind out rather than having to rely on CC?

I will try to scrounge the KR version to see if I can find anything remotely viable or how they did it.

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. Vrangsinn

Vrangsinn Active Member

VoH might be an option. Expensive one.

That's why mostly everyone tries to do RTD during that time :( Ridiculous.

Veltaine likes this.
  3. Trevino

Trevino Member

Yea, but RTDs only get ya so far. If you do SM quest to soon then it won't get ya to GB12/EC1 so you'll still be stuck grinding either on red mobs in HZ or in CC. It does stink, but once you dig it out, its not so bad. I know a few people grinded as warriors in HZ at low SM. Its just pretty much kill one, med, kill one, med. Its a slow grind.

Veltaine likes this.
  4. Tussaud

Tussaud Member

The wolves near the HZ entrance may be high level, but are easy to kill.

Veltaine likes this.
  5. Trevino

Trevino Member

I also like the zombies to the right across the bridge.

Veltaine likes this.
  6. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

I was grinding on those last night till someone PK'ed me. Went back and HOLY ED hahaha.

Thank you for the input everyone, just wanted to get a feel for where people stand.

This seems to be the general consensus. Figured I'd try to flesh out other options. Thank you for the advice!

7. Zennishi

Zennishi Active Member

Hope you didn't do any quests beyond taking a clan role, since the exp from that+other quests should get you to Hangzou, simply put grind in dungeons (passes in this version can be bought from the male NPC with the cart in front of the dungeons) until the exp rate is 0,30% - 0,20% (in COF superior).
    At this point you have 2 choices:
    Do the quests until you get to 85-90 (I'm a healer so i had more breathing space) and then do VOH.
    Or just do the quests to gain the necessary experience to get to 90 so you can farm in Hangzou, your choice.
    P.S - In case you or other people don't know you can teleport for free with Road to Dragon quests (unlike other type of quests which simply use the navigational system).

Veltaine likes this.
  8. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

I Fell in love with the RTD teleporting!

I'll have to check out the CoF Grind, didn't think of that. Thanks!