Constant "Gamehack" Crash

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by SajinShasaya, Jun 11, 2016.

1. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

Okay, this issue has been plaguing me for about three weeks now (possibly longer) but now I have a reason to ask about it here.

The issue: Whenever I boot up Rumble Fighter nowadays, the game runs for about a minute before a window saying "Gamehack Detected" pops up right before another window saying "GEM Fighter Client has stopped working" shows up. From what I can see in the Task Manager, "nProtect Game Monitor Rev 2392 (32bit)" keeps closing out.

Background Information: I've been running Rumble Fighter on my MSI GE70 gaming laptop with Windows 7 and then Windows 10 just fine for the past few years. It's been allowed through my Norton Antivirus (yes, I know the reputation that Norton has) just fine before. The first time I thought I solved this issue was last week, when it turned out that Gamemon.des was suddenly being blocked by Norton. Prior to fixing this, the game would also pop up a message about some sort of "critical situation without having one". I don't remember the exact message since the box doesn't appear now.

My Current Problem: I allowed Gamemon.des and the entire Redfox folder through Norton's scan exemptions, reset the firewall, and rebooted my laptop. It seemed to work from there...for only one day. The game continues to say "Gamehack Detected" and tells me that Gem Fighter has stopped working, but Norton no longer shows that it's stopping Gamemon.des. If there's still an internal issue with Norton, I'd like to know. Google hasn't helped me at all with this issue.

2. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

The following programs are known to conflict with Rumble Fighter to cause the Gameguard Errors:
    -Game tracking services (XFire, Raptr, and more)
    -Other Games (League of Legends, Steam games, and more)
    -VLC, MPC, any video player
    -Razer Syapse or any macro assigning software
    -Joy2key, X-Pad, or any controller mapping software
    -X-Trap, HackShield, or any other anti-hack software
    -Emulator software (VMWare)

When playing Rumble Fighter, please shut these programs off.

If it's a problem with Norton, disable the firewall and antivirus protection in Norton when playing RuF.

3. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

I've tried those already. Disabling the firewall still causes the game to not run, I've done what I could to remove any processes of those listed above, everything. None of them caused a problem before, if any of them had done so. Even Steam, which I am a huge buff on, has been turned off and it doesn't seem to change anything.

4. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

If you haven't already try restarting your PC. Do you recall making any changes to your PC prior to this issue occurring?

There's a few things I would like you to try:
    - Delete GameGuard folder and try again
    - End Norton's process in task manager and try again
    - Run rumblefighter.exe as administrator from the GC folder and try again

5. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

I haven't done anything to my laptop that would have significantly change it. The resetting laptop and firewall thing came at an insistence of a Norton technician in case it was something with with that.

The other three steps I've tried before, except for ending Norton's process in Task Manager. It wouldn't let me completely shut it off, no matter how I tried to exit it. Damn strong security.

I did try to log in again just to see, and this time the game stayed running. Either it's becoming more random now, or my external USB hard drive is messing with it...somehow.
    Edit: Debunked. It's still screwing up.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  6. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

Oh, windows search for "task manager" then right click it and run it as admin--now try ending Norton's process.

7. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Oh so it's a matter of not closing Norton completely? Hmm

8. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

Norton still stubbornly lives. I run Task Manager as an administrator and end the task, only to get ignored.

9. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

Ah sorry, forgot that was a security measure implemented by Norton. It's possible that Norton could be the culprit but it's also unlikely since you disabled all it's built in functions.

Did you recently get Norton, or have you always been using it for years?
    Have you tried re-installing the game?

10. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

Sorry, it decided to work randomly at times and now it's constantly doing this again. I had been using Norton for years and I've already tried reinstalling once. I reinstalled it again now, and still nothing.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  11. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

I apologize for the double post, I just want to confirm some new observations. If I restart my laptop and launch RF early, it seems to always work for that first launch. I've looked through the applications that launch late in my startup list and I don't see anything off.

12. Jamari

Jamari Active Member

Oh weird, so launching the game straight away after boot up works.. Does this work every time or is it something that just seems to happen once in awhile.

If you try logging in the game after all the programs load up, are you hit with the GameGuard error as usual?

Do you have certain programs set to start at boot, that could possibly hinder RF?

13. SajinShasaya

SajinShasaya Member

It seems to be consistent that Rumble Fighter will load if I have the launcher running while everything else is. Which by the way the only things I see booting up are Skype and Steam.

I just tried to boot up Rumble Fighter now after my laptop has been on for a good six hours now, and it seems to be staying. Now I'm wondering if it's able to do a first-time login every power-on or not.

I had a friend look over my startup programs when I showed him this issue, and he disabled a lot of unnecessary programs for me. I've tried loading Rumble Fighter with Skype and Steam both disabled, to no avail.