at what point in time did rf go down hill?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jimmi, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElVato

ElVato Active Member

we should all do a day in which all of us thinking to quit will and the servers will be empty asf
    Spread the word
    #Quit2016

2. Yifftopia

Yifftopia Well-Known Member

People use 2nd panic and HP pots in 1v1. People want scrolls only in moon. People ddos when they lose or if they just feel like it. RF went downhill in the later years of OGP when everything turned to ****.

3. Yifftopia

Yifftopia Well-Known Member

I've d/c'd 7 times due to glitches already are you fking serious.

4. furkan13muh

furkan13muh Active Member

What this petition thing all about?

5. imheretocomplain

imheretocomplain New Member

RF always had issues. Lag was always a problem, then it was certain scrolls and certain exos. The biggest mess up was the enchanting system though. Why the **** would you put that in a skill based PVP ONLY game? Not to mention there was game modes that had glitches which not only made said modes useless, but they were NEVER fixed. When did caged beast come out? 2007? And somehow you could get out of the cages by doing that dumb grab glitch or using an exo that transforms you into something else almost a decade after release. Potion battle was dumb because the people with high speed/jump always won. Moving screen was fun but there was literally only 3 maps, one of which noneone even played, and 50% of people who played the other two maps only used them to semi-afk farm carats.

The 1 vs 1 scene was cool until everyone started to wear the same outfits and fight in the exact same style. Same goes for moon players... suddenly everyone was ralphjos jr. Guild Wars were fun until, ironically, the long awaited guild system came out (for me anyway, that's subjective tho). There's another thing: why the **** did guilds take so long to come out? OGP held an event in 2000 and ******* 7 to hype up guilds and they didn't come out for another 5 years.

ElVato likes this.
  6. Kindara

Kindara Active Member

21. I feel old af.

My thoughts exactly. You play so much and you lose sight of what made the game fun to begin with, but at the same time you cannot ever experience playing the game for the first time ever again. It is kind of sad I suppose, but it is probably a sign we need to get off of this game, lol.

ElVato likes this.
  7. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Active Member

Lolol some of your complaints are what made the game great tho
    Dam I guess ur right. I guess everyone that originally played is at least 19+

8. Jimmi

Jimmi Active Member

lmfao i was thinking more of the corruption that was going on in rf. its crazy cuz when i was in highschool with all the stupid crap going on on rf i still loved to play it. nowadays its not really that appealing tbh. idk i miss having a huge community, tbh i hate the fact we left ogp in the first place.

9. Cloud94

Cloud94 Active Member

all im saying is if a game has problems that you hate and don't seem to be getting fixed why keep playing and then continue complaining...i mean let it be

10. imheretocomplain

imheretocomplain New Member

To be fair, I don't play this game, and haven't since OGP was still the publisher. Just got curious what happened and found these forums. Also, I was a little harsh so sorry about that. The game has always been fun at its core. It has a bunch of scrolls/exocores that for the most part are all useful in the right hands, and despite the game being old as hell it's community has seemingly continued to thrive. The game itself was handled really bizarrely at times, and I disagree with a lot of the later implementations, but it's still a fun game.

11. Tezmanian

Tezmanian Well-Known Member

Short Version: Bad direction choices for the game to take,ads, player treatment in the Western Region, Box spam, Rare item over haul, hacker rampage pre-gamegaurd, no fixes for glitches and lack of treatment to other modes outside regular battle. Game has shutdown twice already. Age.

Long version:
    I started playing RF in mid 08 and one of the things that clued me in some of the shade was the removal of the Level gem stones which made no sense. Then for a long time it seemed like with every update that had carat clothes with slight stats was a temporary item. It was like they were underhandedly punishing F2P who barely or didn't use astros at all. This temp clothes item spam had no business coming into existence but it did anyway, and it didn't enrich anything but cripple peoples options on how they looked in-game.

Look at the scrolls, now look at how many astros/GC/RC scrolls it took before another carat scroll came into the shop, and then look at how much it cost to get it. Now look at the max amount of carats you could get without a cat/dragon boost. Its 150.....why is it that in this entire game's cycle, no one at Nimonix HQ took a second to consider that perhaps increasing the carat would be a proper move for these high priced items? Even just a slight boost to basic carat gain to keep up with time would of been way better then some shady power hour that activates at all sorts of different time zones depending on where you live. Quest boxes may give carats but that all depends on how lucky you are and BM is only good if you got the stats for it.

We once had a preview option for scrolls to see if we liked them to buy, but tards managed to glitch themselves into BM while still having them equipped fully usable. Easiest way to fix that, ban the offenders caught doing it, but nah they instead chose to scrap the whole thing. Thankfully people posted the scrolls as they came on YouTube in response to that cruddy move.

Some GMs were corrupt, I don't know who but only old players would remember that massive banning spree that killed off a good portion of the player base, I was caught in it to but I was half banned. Couldn't buy astros cus my account was suspected of being in league to some jack*ss I didn't know. This led to a hellstorm of problems.

Top Spenders events are like that super drug that deteriorates the body 2x faster then regular drugs. Its obvious a game needs its milk to live but when you constantly bring these without some sorta rank system, it will forever be trash unless it's improved. RF is the only game I've played where you gotta spend a crap ton of $$ just for a chance to get a rare item which is way to much chance to get rip'd off. Every other game outside Ace combat Infinity (Rip off to) had a ranking system in effect to reward those that participated. You spend W, you get W only. You spend Y, you get WXY. Then for those who went beyond the max reward for top "_" place got Z which was a chance and completely option. Milk achieved and everyone besides salty folk who went for Z are good.

OGP issued everyone 10k astros in RFNA in their last days and nuke'd any attempts at a data transfer. This was the true killing blow and RFNA never truly recovered. Theres a hell of alot more to be said but me personally have said enough.

12. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Yeah the transfer process is a huge factor. Many people lost their stuff because they missed the transfer. Most are not motivated to start all over again.

It's now a matter of getting new players into the game, which is going to be a challenge since there's lots of new games that can easily turn people's attention away from Rumble Fighter.

I hope Rumble Fighter advertises their game a lot soon, because the game was getting great traffic in its time of advertising. The game may not have the best graphics, but gameplay wise most will love and appreciate.

13. Cloud94

Cloud94 Active Member

Its a real shame that a game with such an active community with many players willing to spend money on it is treated so badly by the developers. Its a real mystery.

14. Chorizo

Chorizo Active Member

Everyone avoids me IG df u talking about

15. Shana

But people know you through forums right? It's another way of meeting someone IG, pretty much. Ofc there's going to be haters that hate your forum personality, but you'll also have people who will enjoy your forum personality. Those who enjoy your forum personality may see you IG, and play with you.

16. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

When we transferred from OGP to GamesCampus and thought that it would be better. But little did we know, when they pulled that last minute ******** and limited how many items we could trade and made top 10 boxes. That's when every one just got mad and was like: "You know what, this really pissed me off, i might quit, but lets see what GC has to offer." After a week of playing and finding out that the servers are way worse and we are merged with the EU server, people decided that the game was dead and thus causing the downfall effect of Rumble Fighter.

17. Shana

Yeah the top 10 boxes was the most questionable move by GC. Especially when its motive was for profit, rather than balance.

I was looking at the forums yesterday, and it's the catalyst for all the hate to start. The month of May is where the hate started to bloom, which was 2 months after the server opening.

I realized, things got more negative after this thread showed up
    [​IMG]
    1. Gets hyped for Gamescampus Rumble Fighter
    2. Server finally opens
    3. Top 10 boxes, installation issues, and the transfers (not everything can be transferred). These seem to be the problems
    4. Instant rage on the boxes, and some people who praised the game, started taking back their praise.
    5. Petitions on having the top 10 boxes removed, and more petitions started to emerge
    6. Top 10 boxes stayed, petitions were ignored. More boxes get released instead, and spenders started to happen more frequently
    7. People decided to let it go, and the complaints started to go down
    8. Business as usual

It's the second month of Rumble Fighter Unleashed, and now entering the third month. I guess it's around this time, people start to have clear opinions of the game now

18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Y'know instead of pondering where we went down hill or complaining about today's state of affairs could you imagine if the whole community started thinking and talking about what we ourselves are gonna do to make RF better? Want channels back? Get your friends to play. Want a specific thing changed/fixed in game? Start a poll for it. In my opinion the biggest thing holding us back is the community's toxicly negative attitude.
    You do realize the game is peer2peer based right?

19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Top10 boxes were never going to be removed no matter how unrealistic people's hopes are. I'm not sure if you remember RF on OGP but it was challenging to not find a room where over half the people were using Hitman, ZTKD, Rage etc. Even then $5 a month is f-ing 17cents a day whereas when my generation was growing up we very easily dropped $5 per day we went to the arcades and the only hope you had was that you didnt run out of quarters before they place closed. Y'all dont know the real struggle everyone on RF needs to stop being ingrates.

Chorizo likes this.
  20. Negrosaki

Negrosaki Well-Known Member

I know it is a peer2peer server but Rumble Fighter now with all these new scrolls that are just literally unfair for for the most popular maps such as moon and dos. For example the spamming of the KP on Combat Taekkyon is just insane.
    If they keep coming out with these pay to win scrolls with there eZ kill moves, soon their will be no one to play Rumble Fighter anymore because people are tired of the ********. And it's going to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.