Weekend XP Event is vital and should be a part of this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morningstar, Feb 21, 2016.

1. morningstar

morningstar New Member

I remember Ahri stating in one of the post that "weekend xp event are not necessary." Ahri did not state that there wouldn't be weekend xp events. I hope with the positive feedbacks from the community and the analysis of the number of players that grind-ed during the 2xp drop/skill, that the publisher would look into this and consider giving xp events during weekend.-- even if it's is 2-4 hours per weekend.

In Asura days (Acclaim), we would have a 2 hours xp event (4-6pm Pacific Time) followed by BvW (Saturday) and SvS (Sunday), if I remember correctly. It was what kept the game alive for a lot of Asura players. I am not bringing this up to compare the two companies but as an example to the publisher as to why a lot of us love this game. I hope RedFox can do something like that for the players. Keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes opened!

Once again, if you support my post please voice your support. If you disagree, please politely response and explain your disagreement. Please keep response appropriate. K. Thnx. Bye. :)

iDropBombs and Back12345 like this.
  2. HandSolo

HandSolo Member

Weekend events kill the game because people online login during the events and no other time.

We just need a higher experience rate.

Sponk, dixbutts, ihgyug and 4 others like this.
  3. morningstar

morningstar New Member

Never said it has to be just experience. It can be skills and drop rate like the one we had yesterday.

4. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Exactly what he said.

Finally you people who want the events, please understand WHY there were events in the first place.
    EXP Events were invented by the publisher, in order to "force" people buy their exp cards.

There is absolutely no other reason to have the combination of LOW EXP+EXP EVENTS.

So yea.. we need much more higher base exp rates. Thats all what is needed to have a crowded server at all times. If someone lvl caps early, trust me, he will just start another character. If only this game had a bit more end game content though...

balb1n0, Back12345 and Spite like this.
  5. HandSolo

HandSolo Member

Would be the same problem, people only logging in during the events. We've seen it plenty of times before and it kills the game.

6. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

community's feedback is negative - no events!

Vgtladypeace likes this.
  7. morningstar

morningstar New Member

Hmm, my question--hopefully it doesn't sound rude. And a big reason why I hesitated before posting a thread like this because people like you will just turn down the idea. However, it is just an idea and I am happy to explain.

What makes you think down the line when xp are worse makes new players or returning players want to stick around? Even at high FD right now, I am a little "tired" of grinding.

It will be the same players who for long has been a great part of this community and love this game that will stick around and try to revive this game and those players (leagues) that hold svs fort, big bosses camp ground, bvw wars, etc). Rather than those players, we can multiple that number by having events such as short length weekend ones.

I guess my point is that the game will seem very unattractive without something that will boost players' morals. With or without event there are always the same phases to any system--the birth of it, the life of it, and the end of life of it. This game will die out some point in the future but it's the legacy and what happened within it that will make the players love it.
    My end point is that something like a 2-4 hours event weekly will boost players moral and will play as a "factor" as to why players will want to come back weekly. Something that a player can "look forward" to and know the consistency of. I think you are mistaken for a whole weekend xp event rather than a 2-4 hours event during the weekend.

8. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

Actually, i rather have a full weekend exp event than just 2-4 hours. but it should just be like 1.5-2x on top of the "base server rate".
    Reason is because this is a US Server, and we need to think about other people around the globe, that should not have to stay awake at night .. like 2am just so they dont stay behind.

It was a pain for me at least to stay awake at night in order to grind between 2am-4am, then Go to BvW war, and then SvS! I Was going back to bed at 7am!! AND NO I COULDNT SLEEP ANYMORE, because my brain was in a goddam loop, couldnt rest... and someone needs to have peace in order to sleep.

So i vote NO for 2-4 hours exp events. NO, NO ...... NO

Spite, Dromi and ihgyug like this.
  9. morningstar

morningstar New Member

Notice yesterday that the event catered to US players and western players. One event in the morning and one event at night.
    Due to your selfishness, you're going to disagree with the idea?
    Unfortunately, I have nothing else to say. :(

10. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

There were two events so so if the first or the second weren't good for your timezone then you had a choice. There isn't a whole lot of skill exp but you get manuals 10x3 at your basic clan npc vendor. It isn't a whole lot but joining a league will more than likely be a 50% exp increase and then a lot of RTDs and some RTE chain quests give exp cards in the dozens. By the end of RTD chapter 4 I had about 15.

11. iDropBombs

iDropBombs Member

Yeah no one logged on when exp not on because the rates **** like hell what do you expect? Who wants to waste their time?

machatzi, Vrangsinn and Back12345 like this.
  12. Zukee

Zukee Active Member

Which rte give xp cards?Couldnt find any probablg like u said they are chained.Sux

13. Back12345

Back12345 Member

Except for Sundays, when everyone should be in church, amen!

14. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

I think the events were fun because it left something for people to do, the 2x xp events though were harmful for me, because I would always get home from work in the last 10 minutes of the grind, which hindered my growth while others moved faster in my peer group (aka same level). I think having a community event would be great for this time frame, but for those that have a hard time getting on for a specific time rate to benefit from a higher XP wouldn't be the most optimal. It was nice, when I skipped work to do it, but ultimately just made me feel more bitter for having a job. LOL

Regardless, I am glad you brought this up, it is something that was used and a big part of Acclaim I feel, not the best but was something.

Good times.. haha:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

You do realize that people on specific timezones, were able to attend both events without any difficulties do you ?
    Events is the dead sentence of this game.

Let me tell you that i have full time job, family and kids. With that said, I should be the one pushing for events, since i can't really grind more than 2 hours per day, and maybe 8 hours total in weekends. It would certainly benefit me more having events, than having a good base exp rate in general. No one would progress, bother to grind, unless theres an event. But guess what, i want the game to be alive, and not just be alive when there is an event.
    So, where exactly I'm i selfish here?

Good, thanks god you have nothing else to say :)

Perfection and Spite like this.
  16. No1Hated666

No1Hated666 Member

This could honetly go both ways honestly n everyones gonna fight lol

If u think od how the.game is now it seems pretty fine honestly with this newer versiom of 9d they implemented ways im game to imcrease ur xp gain which means u dont rly need much xp events.. Theres alrdy ppl almost GL lvl which shows u dont need events

If u think about it u get free xp cards from quests.. Then the xp bonus from league depending on how many ppl r online then u have the master and disicple system that gives some bonus xp as well so if u think about it thats alrdy 100% from cards.. 20-50%+ from league then the m&d system almost like a x2-x3 event 24/7 id u play ur cards right and i beleave maps are x2? Dk if only for obt tho

Also just like ppl complaining bout skill rates.. For a healer for example i maxed out buffs and heals with like 6 manuals 2 10x3s 2 10x4s and 2 10x2s with auto trainer... Do same thing with smashes manuals auto trainer n click on mobs isnt to bad

Perfection likes this.
  17. Louguoshen

Louguoshen Active Member

GM need we patient..... i think .........

18. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

Regardless of what happens with xp someone is going to disagree with it. Timed events people in different timezones complain. Full weekend people complain cause that makes it only time people log. No events is too slow. Wanting higher base rates will make people over lvl and PK low players. It has been discussed several times over and really all we can do is wait it out and see if it gets balanced or make like a tree and **** off.
    TL; DR stuff....

19. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

I don't mind either way. Anything but those weekend 2 hour double xp events. I'm not about that waking up at 2am just to grind till 4am then go back to sleep lol.

Shyheim likes this.
  20. ihgyug

ihgyug Active Member

It's lower than acclaim considering the levels we have now x'D

21. Idolized

Idolized Active Member

Are the SM/EC PQ's working in this version or nah?