Beta testing group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sponk, Jan 13, 2016.

?

Would you be interested in joining a beta group?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    83.6%
  2. No, I prefer searching on my own

11 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. I'll not play CBT, rather wait for OBT

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Sponk

Sponk Member

Hello everyone.

I'm wondering if there's any other users out there who would be interested in creating a group where we will try and help each other maximize the effect of beta the most, by actually testing, recording and reporting bugs.

Why a group?

There's still quite some content in 9dragons which works better as a group, for example dungeons (specially now that we will all have lower gear). Having a seperate group (like skype for example), we could easily share quickly what we find and what needs to still be tested. Also it would be easier to quickly organize groups in-game if we have somewhere where we can live-chat together, even if we're offline from the game. We could also use this to coordinate each other on which clans and roles we pick. That way we can make sure all classes/roles mix gets tested (the importance of mixes between clans be actually be, remember LoB hybs def nuke was the only clan where it 'worked'). Having a group would also make it easier to see if your bug was only a coincidence or actually effects all (if it is for example a quest bug).

Updated link

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

I don't know if this would be viable. We're all beta tests but if you mean a private group then I'd be down for it. We could use a forum board ourselves or one of these clan websites?

Sponk likes this.
  3. Sponk

Sponk Member

This is more of a private one (but open invitations of course, everyone's welcome), but I think having a live-chat could be necessary for this to reach its full potential.

4. Blitzcronk

Yeah. We could easily do that did you have any specific ideas?

Sponk likes this.
  5. xiros

xiros New Member

i think Facebook is the better way to chat between us !

Sponk likes this.
  6. Darkfiregoth

Darkfiregoth Member

I'd be totally down for this, get someone to keep a list of everything we find in a particular play session, stick it in a dedicated forum thread for Beta Issues. Also it'd be nice to actually play with other people again after so long of soloing XD

Sponk likes this.
  7. Sponk

Sponk Member

I don't really view Facebook as a viable opinion (this is not a dictatorship though, if most people prefer it, its a go), as facebook is quite personal, unless you make a fake profile for this simple reason. Skype would be a good option imo. Easier to have your info private (and easier to create a fake account if you want your skype personal too). Also it's good if you have a small group from the big one gathered for a dungeon, so that you can make a temporary tiny group for a call. As for a forum thread for our findings, my opinion is to have one here on our forums. That way the group can share its foundings with all members, so that people even outside the group can see what has been found and reported, so that there's less reports about the same issue.

The idea is simply to make it about beta testing, but I can see how this could also create bigger friendships within the game, and maybe even ending up creating a new guild when we hit OBT.

8. Blitzcronk

Sponk likes this.
  9. Sponk

Sponk Member

Let's hang on for a little bit more until we have a few more opinions regarding chat.

This will also be good to have a pre-CBT discussion so that we can share which clans and classes we pick. Depending on the amount of people who will be joining the group, we could see if we have enough people to try for both black and white or if we should start with just one side.

10. Blitzcronk

The form of communication isn't that important, what is important is the numbers of people we will have. I'll be going BoT and HD. If Skype is too intrusive we could easily just make a thread or start a conversation with a number of people.

11. Darkfiregoth

Darkfiregoth Member

Yeah i meant on this forum, sorry for the confussion. I think skype is our best bet tbh. Simple and easy to use. Not really one for giving out my facebook info to people i don't know so i won't be doing that lol.

12. Blitzcronk

I just created a conversation and invited everyone in this thread who replied. Why not just use that for the time being?

13. Blitzcronk

I just checked that app out, it works smoothly. I suggest we try using that and if it doesn't work we can stick to the conversation.

14. Blitzcronk

15. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

I'm down, what side are you guys going? B or W?

16. Sponk

Sponk Member

So far it looks like black side. However it all depends on how many we become. Both sides needs testing

17. Suanni

Suanni Member

I would also like to participate in this.
    Probably i will be going white side.

18. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

i`ll join aswell. nothing like having a group of people to play with. i`ll be going white side WT probably.

19. Sponk

Sponk Member

Join our discord group thats been edited into the OP.

20. smakdonw

smakdonw Member

kazu... i dint ask if it was any good. and if you need atention... just go on facebook... that`S what it is there for...

also... it says the invite to discord is invalid.