An Idea: Making Rumble Fighter Go Viral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwankZX, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

No changes matter so long as A) the players continue to absolute inbred s***bags who go nuclear over anything (exos, wings, losing) and B) zero information database / wiki for all players to learn from.

Oh and Bonus C) If we can ever offset the review bombing all the f***ing crybabies from this game dropped on steam week 1 of our green lighting.

2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

And its not like we can stream RF back into popularity on twitch bc people are so toxic / unmoderated you could catch a twitch ban if someone said the wrong thing and knowing RFers someone would do it just bc they could

3. Escha

Escha Member

@Tengu
    Yes, you're right about Point B in regards to the lack of information database. Someone needs to work on that; it pretty much is standard with any game.

However, I disagree with Point A.
    If 1,000 players started playing Rumble Fighter, the 100 toxic players will only be less than 10% of the player base.
    If the content is really good, the new players will ignore the toxic players.
    If we finally have a Rumble Fighter wiki, better tutorials, and fellow players and non-overpowered [CA]s to help out, more players would end up staying and overwrite the bad reviews as you mentioned in Point C.

In other words, if we had the following:
    • Rumble Fighter wiki,
    • Content that's worth staying around for despite the player base being 10% toxic,
    • Better tutorials along with fellow players and non-overpowered [CA]s to help out;
    we'd be able to overwrite the bad reviews left on Steam. We should follow the example of Square Enix where they relaunched FFXIV instead to FFXIV Realm Reborn.

@Tengu
    About Twitch, I don't think we need Twitch if it's so easy to get a Twitch ban. Rumble Fighter might be just for a mature audience then, a Hidden Gem with thousands of players rather than a popular game with millions of underaged players. We should attract mature audiences that are into anime like The God of High School.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO
    With Minecraft, you can customize creative environments and plus it's popular. Rumble Fighter is not a popular mainstream game, has limited customization choices other than clothes, and has a limited amount of content. Sadly, Rumble Fighter in its current state can't really be compared to Minecraft.

@HYTNANO

I'd share your enthusiasm, but the Rumble Fighter Forum Creative Corner isn't exactly very active. I been online everyday and there aren't many rooms with NHAAs. The stat people have all mentioned or concluded at some point that they are getting bored or they are waiting for new content to roll in.

There are too many inconsistencies in Rumble Fighter unlike the more mainstream titles that are run by decent companies. The inconsistencies need to be fixed before hyping up Rumble Fighter; if we don't, new players will join, quit after a few weeks, and never look back.

5. Escha

Escha Member

You have a point there. I just want Rumble Fighter to look like a well-made MMORPG contender like the other high-end games. Where Rumble Fighter finally has the aesthetic bugs, grammatical errors, and lore discrepancies fixed; and improved tutorials and lore consistent content are added or rearranged.

For example:
    In my opinion, the event boss modes look like they were just pasted onto the map. I mean the Harlem Boss Mode is right in the middle of the sea. I doubt Blacktop Melee is even located there.

6. Escha

Escha Member

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of fixing the Boss Mode "no effects" bug.
    After running through Al Hata several times, I can't see the fog from the traps or the ice effects from Typhoon.
    I was hoping they'd fix that, not overhaul the graphics. I apologize for not clarifying lol

7. Escha

Escha Member

Again, I apologize; I did not mean messing with the client. What I meant was fix the bugs and the lore. Nothing too high budget, just something immersive like Runescape level lore would be much appreciated.

HYTNANO likes this.
  8. M0nstersBDAY

M0nstersBDAY Member

They can't fix the bugs. I sent in videos showing them how. They ignored. Thats all

9. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

It won't work. The p2w bs in this generation is only maintainable long-term on mobile games. If Nimonix really cared they would reboot the game from level zero, make it way more skill-based by erasing **** like verm exo, and make all of the microtransaction items earnable with in-game currency. Maybe copy the seasonal rewards thing that every game is doing now after Fortnite. Then they could expand to consoles . But we all know Nimonix is operated by a bunch of braindead queef-sniffs, so... nah. Better off selling all rights to Disney.

10. Escha

Escha Member

@M0nstersBDAY

I guess they need to turn to someone who can: like hiring programmers outside of NimoniX, creating a copy of Rumble Fighter and beta testing to see if they can fix it themselves, or sell the game altogether to a more competent high-end gaming company.

What I had in mind is not sending in individual tickets to the RedFox Support Team, rather I'd think it'd be more effective to create well-thought-out Forum Threads explaining the issue and showing the rest of the community what is going on. Instead of just posting patchwork complaints, it'd alleviate us from blame and redirect it to the developers.

Right now, I'm guessing they assume the community isn't worth their time: too much trash talking, unpresentable behavior, and other qualities that would cause any executive to look down on us.

@Lephantis

I agree: the bias towards P2W is hurting the game's chances of keeping players long-term. However, I disagree with abolishing the P2W model and overhauling the game.
    • Instead of erasing overpowered ExoCores, NimoniX could just balance or nerf them. They could also add stat limitation settings when creating a room; like how we can handicap when picking our characters in Tekken.
    • If they reboot the entire game, they run the risk of losing a significant amount of loyal players and revenue. Nobody wants to start over.
    • Not all items should be earnable with in-game currency, some items should be kept at a premium: the item shop prices are decent as it already is.
    The game is already very skill-based if we're talking Moonlight Valley or other edge maps. It is generally one-sided if it's on a flat map like Blacktop Melee when stats and overpowered ExoCores are involved. Just balance or nerf ExoCores and add stat limitation settings.

Here's a video I watched awhile back about the reasoning behind buffing and nerfing:
    Analysis: Why We Should Buff More Than Nerf by Core-A Gaming.

HYTNANO likes this.
  11. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

@Escha The game's current regular population is like 50 people. Cater to the minority or attempt to appeal to the potential new players that make up the vast majority. Years of the former have done nothing beneficial for the game, and I see not why that would magically change if and when done again. I know if I were to jump into a game as a newbie with Renegade and not land a hit on some cheesin' Black Dragon player, I would say **** it and boot up Tekken.

SwankZX likes this.
  12. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO
    Only problem is that experienced trolls would make a new account and tyrannize the newbie channels. Then again, if it's just a probability of 1 troll to 100 newbies, the influx of noobs would balance out the trolls fighting in the newbie channels. Had the same conversation with @Tengu.

@Lephantis
    Haha same, I would too if someone were spamming that scroll. That's why we were talking about better tutorials and more new players. Here's a conversation I had with Tengu:
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....ble-fighter-go-viral.51562/page-2#post-494801.
    HYTNANO pretty much summarized the problem with noobs in the Free Channel. Imagine having to fight Trickster with Black Dragon and revs on LOL, the guy make the whole room cringe.

HYTNANO likes this.
  13. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

You and nep got banned on discord rip.

HumoLoco likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

It's proved Red Fox and Nimonix jealous. cuz Monster and Andy doing the job better than these guy. Fuck this. I support Monster and Andy to fuck this game up.

Sasori likes this.
  15. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You got your numbers flipped, I'd say RF is 90% toxic. Your 1000 to 100 math is unrealistic and should also be flipped, even when we were brand new on steam the most generous the ratio could be is 1 new player per 20 vets. As for CA's anyone who learns from history will know why its a bad idea to make that mistake a 3rd time. As for the steam reviews the ONLY thing that'll offset the review bombing is if people did positive review bombing to offset it which is extremely unlikely to happen this late in RF's life.

The ONLY things that will help RF is if the players get their heads out of their own asses long enough to let the game exist outside of just Moon, Cove and NHAA bc those 3 modes arent inclusive to new players who dont have opportunities to learn from their mistakes.

16. Escha

Escha Member

@Tengu

I meant what if 100 new players joined per 1 toxic player is what I mean. And besides, it's more about the lack of standalone content and lack of high-quality marketing. If we had more solo content and solo rewards, we'd keep more PvE/PvP players around until we get a large enough influx of new purely PvP players. High-quality marketing will give us even more players populating Rumble Fighter, except we have to wait for a good marketing team.

I am betting on improving the standalone content; we can't keep relying on events that hand out fashion rares as if Rumble Fighter were some catwalk of trash talkers spamming Rare Scrolls and ExoCores after hiding in a cave for a few days before Fisticuff Friday rolls in.

For real, I want that Typhoon Slayer merit title and Typhoon Slayer set for running Al Hata 1,000 times! Except it's in the Item Shop for like 2100 RC...

http://forums.playredfox.com/index....-typhoon-slayer-al-hata-updated-4-17-16.6689/ (made by @Kayden)
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/maintenance-patch-notes-november-3-2020.51527/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/november-sales.51538/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If they are planning to implement Typhoon Slayer into the game as standalone content for Boss Moding, then they at least need to send us update spoilers to help keep people excited... Loading screens, announcements, the whole MMORPG package...

We need more stuff like this for people who actually want to earn their stuff rather than buy limited edition sets just to look cool and go on hiatus for a few days or months.

I agree with @sheeran when he advocates for loot boxes to be removed. Except, instead of removing loot boxes; just add more earnable mid-tier and high-tier rewards that rivals or even surpasses the rares found in loot boxes, while keeping the loot boxes that's currently available. It's a win-win between us and NimoniX.

To be honest, I think the Steam reviews (though not so precise or accurate) demonstrates the amount of frustration for the lack of content and formality the average MMORPG-experienced player expects from an MMORPG (e.g. Rumble Fighter loyalists, WoW refugees, etc).

Here's why Rumble Fighter is underperforming:
    • Lack of Rumble wiki
    • Lack of lore, as well as a lack of intermediate tutorials such as introducing players to Boss Modes and ExoCores
    • Lackluster in-game introductions to the Plaza and among other things
    • There are plenty of lore inconsistencies, bugs, and grammatical errors throughout the game (e.g. some items just have fluff words or is completely missing a description)
    • Lack of Boss Mode incentives besides events and medal farming; there is no reward for Boss Moding a billion times
    • Lack of Rumble Mode incentives
    • Lack of 1v1 incentives for low-tier or mid-tier fighters
    • Edited: lack of DDoS prevention mentioned by @gottablast
    We aren't playing the other modes and maps for a reason.
    You can't force players to play something without standalone in-game incentives.

Please like or comment if you guys agree.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Kurama and Awaky like this.
  17. gottablast

gottablast Member

don't know why you forum folk love to make simple things so complicated. nimonix made bank and instead of paying money to make money they decided to take the route of milking it dry, because the people behind the scenes don't care, and moved on with their life.

btw i see tengu still being nimonix's #1 dck scker keep it up bro <3

18. gottablast

gottablast Member

I don't know what you mean.. What part didn't you understand?

DDoS is/was the biggest problem rumble fighter has/had and always will have. Unfortunately.
    Until that's cleared up it's pointless to talk about anything future related with this game.

.. Is that what you meant?

19. gottablast

gottablast Member

we can dream tho, amirite? ;> come on liten up

20. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO

It's down to profitability; I know, I know, unfortunately. I still stand by my reasoning: the win-win situation where we have both standalone in-game incentives AND loot boxes is the ideal situation we want.

They won't lose any revenue that way; essentially, they'll be trading a few dollars per person for a larger player base. I dunno why they aren't trading for a larger player base: they get more money based on a larger quantity of players, the game looks a whole lot better, and the players are no longer complaining about loot boxes.

( Edit: actually, optimistically speaking, they could be debuting the Typhoon Slayer set first as RC before they add to the game. I guess @gottablast also pretty much summarized the whole NimoniX situation, so I could be wrong lol )

Also, I apologize but you did not read my post. I said "standalone content" and "standalone in-game incentives", not incentives derived from event handouts. Just like you said, once the events and updates stalled or became lackluster, players stopped playing. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We can't rely on events to keep this game alive. Once the events and updates stop, there is no content to keep players interested after Moonlight Valley gets played out for them.

Events run by GMs or players are not enough. They also stopped tweeting a social presence near the end of 2019; they have not tweeted at all in 2020. Here's a link to their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/RumbleFighterUS.

Hopefully they are rethinking their marketing strategy. And yes, players have a chance to advertise. I still think Rumble Fighter's standalone content is not enough. Rumble Fighter still needs more.

We can wait; 10 years of Rumble Fighter and we're still lurking.

[​IMG]

@gottablast

Yeah, we're aware. We're salty about how they are using Rumble Fighter as some neglected side project meant as a source of passive income for their retirement before they kick the bucket. I believe in capitalism, but they aren't capitalizing cap; it's like prototyping a Tesla or an iPhone and not considering an IPO to make it better.

In my defense, I'm not making simple things complicated. I'm trying to add sophistication to the discussion rather than patchworking a few complaints, doomsday posts, and one-punch lines.

@HumoLoco

If you wanted to, rather than DDoS the game (please don't), you could organize an RC boycott while we straighten out what Rumble Fighter should have embedded into the game lol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    HYTNANO and HumoLoco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.