A Guide to Potala

Discussion in 'Game Guides and Tips' started by ZhouWarden, Nov 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

Let me being with saying this is an easy dungeon for Hybrids. Moderate for Nukers, and downright challenging for both Healers and Warriors due to their lack of Chi Kung. Other than that, once you get the rhythm down, it’s a relatively easy dungeon. There are only three rooms, but has eleven bosses. I suggest you take Healing pills and apply them to your Automatic Trainer for just in case you get stun locked.

Room 1, Five Bosses
    Upon spawn into the first room, Take position near a pillar on either side of the room. This pillar is your best friend for this round.
    [​IMG]
    (Pillar, your best friend!)
    From a safe distance, break the box at the center of the room. Four Bosses will spawn along with some added mobs depending on the difficulty.
    [​IMG]
    (Evil Yuan Shao, Greedy Shao Wang, Fallen Left-Right Guardian, Fallen General Little Monkey)
    These four bosses are the only thing that matter. Do your best to lure them to your best buddy, pillar. Do this to each of the bosses for the safest playthrough. After all four bosses fall, the room will die and respawn with one big boss in the middle.
    [​IMG]
    (Evil Yuan Shao 2.0)
    Just as with the first spawn. Lure the boss to your best bud and show him WHO THE BOSS REALLY IS. Then proceed to the next room.

Room 2, Five Bosses
    Upon arriving in the next room, You’ll notice one big boss surrounded by little heathens.
    [​IMG]
    (Room 2)
    I call them heathens cause they all have stuns. Here luring is essential, as the bosses have a high chance of spawning mini shadow bosses ill refer to as "Mini’s”
    [​IMG]
    (Shadow Corrupted East Deva - Mini Boss)
    When this happens, the boss becomes impervious and you must kill every one of these Mini’s before he can be harmed again. Lure each of the four bosses (Corrupted South Deva, Corrupted North Deva, Corrupted East Deva, Corrupted West Deva) to the outer areas of the room, then kill them and their Mini’s. Once a boss dies, the room will respawn. Repeat this four times till the Furious Passion Deva spawns.
    [​IMG]
    (Furious Passion Deva)
    This Deva spawns other bosses instead of mini's, but unlike the other bosses, the Deva does not become impervious. So when the bosses spawn, they can be ignored. Just stay focused on the Furious Passion Deva. Once the Passion Deva is down, everything else will die. Proceed to the next room.

Room 3 – One Boss
    Upon arriving at the last room, you'll find mobs everywhere, They all stun. CLEANSE THE ROOM. But an important tip, once the last enemy dies, the room will respawn. I suggest leaving an enemy near the corner of the room, so you are not surrounded upon respawn. There will be a boss named Dark Spirit Asoje that spawns with 2 forms on the 3rd round of respawns. He is the last of the bosses, no gimmicks, just kill him.
    [​IMG]
    (Dark Spirit Asoje - First Form)
    Thats Potala Dungeon! Good luck everyone!

Tips:
    • Bosses are weak to Phyical Damage
    • Mobs and Mini's are weak to CK Damage
    • Hybrid’s Shield Absorbs Stuns
    • Hybrids have a debuff that can prevent “Mini” spawn
    • Hybrids Phy/Ck Damage is great here
    • Nukers should bring a Phy Weapon
    • Warriors/Healers Should bring a CK Repel Weapon
    • If you don't have CK Repel Weapon, bring a CK friend.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

I would not suggest putting ew pills on auto trainer. You’ll quickly find auto trainer trying to spam ew pills when you need to use a hp pill and the result is death

ZhouWarden likes this.
  3. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I notice where you place them on the skill bar matters. If i place anything on "0" or "CTRL+0" It almost always gets skipped. I keep my EW pills on #5 and Healing pill on #7 and they act as they should. Its a weird mechanic, thats for sure. Often times i find it easier to just suffer through 30k ew.

4. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Nice guide for those looking to try potato for the first time. Good job! I just want to add a little to the guide from a hybrid and nuker perspective.

For both CK-able characters such as hybrids and nukers with lackluster or moderately decent gear having trouble with the dungeon, I'd advise bringing both a melee weapon and bracer along.

1st stage: use nukes to kill the 4 mini boss spawn from a distance. They may be mixed in with a horde of regular mobs, so identify the mini bosses by their distinct colours and take them out.

1st stage: when the main boss spawns after the minis are dealt with, move towards the back pillar, and this usually triggers and lure the boss towards you. If it doesn't, nuke him and drag him towards you rather than going into the mix of regular mobs. Take him out with melee attacks, since he has a tendency to stun and silence you.

2nd stage: like Zhou said, drag the bosses out and deal with him away from his entourage mobs, and start attacking him with melee attacks. If he spawns mini mobs, walk away from the boss towards the far wall to "reset" the boss back to "circle" where he initially spawned. This leaves you with the mini mobs to take out without having to endure his attacks on you as well. Use nukes to take out the mini mobs since they are weak to CK. Once they are dealt with, drag the boss out again and finish him off with melee attacks. Both boss and mini spawns have a tendency to silence and stun, so take care and pack life pills and panaceas. Repeat this method until you spawn the 2nd stage 'last boss'. Drag him out of the circle, and attack him with melee attacks while ignoring the mini spawns. If you have trouble tanking him with his mini spawns, use the previous method and reset him. LF to the opposite end of the room without the mini spawns and drag the boss out of the circle again and take him out with melee attacks.

3rd stage: relatively straightforward. Clear the room of all mobs. There will be a few waves to clear until you spawn the last boss. The boss' first form is CK weak. Nuke him till he changes to 2nd form and take him out with melee attacks. The last boss usually spawns in the middle of the 3rd stage room, so you might want to clear the mobs near the 'entrance' or 'back' so you don't have to deal with the regular mobs around him (only applies if you hate getting randomly stunned by surrounding mobs).

For characters like warriors and healers without ranged nuke attacks, consider getting a weapon with ranged skill such as a tiger, Kylin, or repel weapon for luring purposes.

Natey, WongF, Revered and 2 others like this.
  5. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

Thank you! I love the extra detail. :)

BirdbrainX likes this.
  6. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

You forgot step 1

get sponsored by red fox so you don’t have to earn or buy gear then potala is no worries

the solution for warriors and healers. Get stronger. Don’t hate the disadvantage phys users have in potala, use it as your driving force to become truely strong and show the ck users how it’s really done by standing in the middle and destroying everything in your way, not hiding behind a pillar playing it safe.
    Warriors can solo red with no healer. If not, then not geared enough. Simple.

upirank and ninhho like this.
  7. ninhho

ninhho Active Member

Well said, thanks. Best wish for your future endeavor.

8. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Does it make sense to use two weapons and switch them. One with psychical and one with CK ornaments as a warior?

9. ZhouWarden

ZhouWarden Active Member

I dont believe adding CK damage to your weapon would help that much due to the amount but i havent tested it. Sounds like its worth a shot.

10. upirank

upirank Active Member

Well the first solution seem to be easier, you just need to register on twitch start a stream get like 10-20 fake viewers or your friends watching and keep it up a week and tell them to write ticket to redfox telling you are doing promotion for them, easy gears. Thump up for your suggestion, also view count bots is also easy to get new day, since you stream on a dead forgotten game twitch staff wont bother to check even if you use bots as viewers.

11. Ozbud

Ozbud Well-Known Member

At least Zhou has tried to something for the game in terms of advertising.
    Red fox themselves don’t bother

bengie22 and upirank like this.
  12. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

Since it stopped working for me, I thought it was some kind of a fix that RF liked so much lately. Thx for this tip.

ZhouWarden likes this.
  13. killerlong89

killerlong89 New Member